Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is taking into account the maximum battery power. In the Dragtimes video (skip to 13:00), the engineer explains that each motor actually is capable of producing 400 hp, which would make 1200 hp combined. However, the engineer said that the reason the Plaid is 1020hp is because of the limits of the battery.
makes you wonder if the next version of the car the batteries will support 1200 hp. ?

Fraud is criminal deception, a scammer intentionally deceiving others, intentional
Perversion of the truth for personal gain.
Yes he’s way too optimistic, uses unreachable timelines, he’s often late, and he’s not a perfect person.. Elon’s faults are not a malicious act. Not a fraud.
There’s a fine line between optimism and delusion

Reactions: Drew-MS
I'd forgotten about all of this.
Back when I changed Teslas like I change my underwear (I know, there is a lot there to unpack), I was used to not so patiently waiting for a VIN and hanging with my peeps on the forums for emotional support.

Its been six years of pure bliss with my P90DL and I feel like I'm coming out of my Covid Cave and am shocked by re-entering the whole Tesla announce new car process. At least there is still the forums for emotional support (kinda, there does seem to be a lot more drama or maybe I'm just not remembering all the drama from days gone past).

Either way, thanks folks!
Tesla adjusted to the COVID world in 2020 with contactless delivery. Due to their success in the past couple of years, they seem to be a little ‘extra confident’ these days ‘Bitcoin etc.’. .. Customer service and communication needs improvement 🌝.. but the cars are amazing which easily overpowers the negatives.

I don't really worry about myself getting used to the yoke although it would be less than optimal for any sort of performance (or emergency) driving. My wife is going to absolutely HATE it to the point she will want to get rid of the car unless Tesla has some sort of other option. As I ordered a LR I'm actually OK that I don't have a date yet...hoping to see some sort of normal steering wheel option pop up.

Some interesting things going on here. Check the replies for the picture of the charging (edit)

1. Charging speed at 45% shows 170kW (how long it was charging wasn't said)
2. Center of the console shows "Stability control disabled, drive with caution"... preview of track mode?

As a side note to that, a DragTimes video showed that a Tesla engineer said that track mode was going to be available in the Plaid. That and the fact that each of the 3 motors could produce 400HP and 470NM of torque but was limited by battery output.

Things to think on there...

Fair enough, I’m just trying to keep my opinion of Tesla separate from my opinion of Elon. I don’t want to blame one man for all the issues and annoying BS we deal with Tesla. I guess the CEO is responsible so I get it.
He is the figurehead, and effectively the PR department, for the company. That is by choice and design.
Separating the two doesn’t seem possible. Something about having your cake and eating it too.

Some interesting things going on here. Check the replies for the picture of the charging (edit)

1. Charging speed at 45% shows 170kW (how long it was charging wasn't said)
2. Center of the console shows "Stability control disabled, drive with caution"... preview of track mode?

As a side note to that, a DragTimes video showed that a Tesla engineer said that track mode was going to be available in the Plaid. That and the fact that each of the 3 motors could produce 400HP and 470NM of torque but was limited by battery output.

Things to think on there...

170kW / 691mi/hr still equals 246Wh/mi. Just as before.

So with a 103.3kWh pack that would give a 420-rated-mile range (haha) at 100%. I wish someone would just take one picture in % and one picture in miles.

I think Tesla is just screwing with the displayed rated range until the official EPA results are in.

(It’s also possible the display during supercharging is not correct. But 246Wh/mi would be ridiculously good - that is original Model 3 levels - unlikely.)

Anyone seen a picture of the actual range in a real car yet?

Then if an owner could snap a photo of the pack sticker. It's usually located by turning the yoke to the right (I think) and going to the passenger front wheel and taking a photo behind the wheel along the frame of the pack. That's going to give us part numbers that someone might be able to look up and get more information.

Not a thing anymore--the bottom of the are is completely sealed and the pack is no longer visible.

Two other questions I saw:
  • The seats are perforated and ventilated. They blow air through the perforations in the "cool" setting
  • There is a button for heating the windshield under climate control--I'll take a pic later--given the icon, I believe it heats the area of the windshield where the wiper blades are parked