Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Email from Tesla Advisor today

———-
Your order has moved to the "build planning" phase which means they are preparing to build a car for you! I do not have an exact date yet, as that will happen once it has been built.
——-

LR / 21’ / Black / Creme Interior with FSD - East Coast Delivery - ordered Jan 14th 2021

any other LR folks received something like this? Or anybody have experience from previous orders that gives an insight into what that means in time to VIN?

Add it to the list.
Lol even a SA to a manager:
"Sir, since there are CF shortages and since the wood option wasn't an option when most of the existing plaid orders were placed, maybe we should send an email to see if folks want to switch."
"Hmmm that's a good idea, let me think about it."
crickets.... 2 months later
"Sir, we are running out of CF, did you have enough time to think about offering wood trim for Plaid orders?"
"Yes okay, lets give the choice of wood or CF for new orders."
"What about existing orders ?"
"Nah it's too much work changing existing orders. Just tell the tech guys to update the site; CF delayed until August."
Crickets.... Plaid delivery event"
"Sir, we are out of CF"
"Oh shittt... you and your team need to start contacting existing reservation holders !!! Ask them to switch to wood trim. Just offer them faster delivery."

I just got the call from Fremont. I have Cream with CF on order. She asked me if I would change to wood for quicker delivery. I asked if I could get the ebony wood with the Cream, was told no, it's the Walnut. I asked how long it would push me back to keep CF, she said she didn't know and that they will reach out when my car is available. Bummer, looks like I'll be waiting. Maybe I should switch back to black with the ebony....

I just got the call from Fremont. I have Cream with CF on order. She asked me if I would change to wood for quicker delivery. I asked if I could get the ebony wood with the Cream, was told no, it's the Walnut. I asked how long it would push me back to keep CF, she said she didn't know and that they will reach out when my car is available. Bummer, looks like I'll be waiting. Maybe I should switch back to black with the ebony....

Wood is a known quantity. Who knows how long the epoxy will take to yellow.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
hmmm. bummer about the CF. That is what I have on order.

From latest MT article
"We wanted to slow the clock way down and take a closer look at this epic 1.98-second 0-60 time and the 9.25-second, 156.2-mph quarter-mile run millisecond by millisecond."

156.2 trap seems to be higher than 155 mph on the Tesla site if my math still works. (edit: I think its a typo as they say 152.6 later - darn - they are dyslexic too)

but wait, there is more

"
  • Sixty mph arrives in the aforementioned 1.98 seconds, and the car is still pulling 1.11 g—and is just 98 feet from where it started. Yes, the entire sub-2.0-second drama occurs in less than 100 feet."

From latest MT article
"We wanted to slow the clock way down and take a closer look at this epic 1.98-second 0-60 time and the 9.25-second, 156.2-mph quarter-mile run millisecond by millisecond."

156.2 trap seems to be higher than 155 mph on the Tesla site if my math still works.

I saw that too. Not sure if that is a typo, because if you look at the first MT article they indicate a trap speed of 152.6 mph with the VHT. Is the 156.2 mph or 152.6 mph number right? If you look at the graph that motor trend posted it would appear that the right trap speed is 152.6 mph. ?

Last edited:
Yes--I'll try and film the sequence, but once to do the set-up with the pedals (press brake, the press accelerator), the cat tells you it is lowering the front, but you can launch (let off the brake) at any time.
Thank you!

that’s good at least. I mean I wish they’d just lower the car once put into drag mode as it’s going to be hard to take advantage of cheetah mode when door to door racing.