Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Like a lot of you I just had a call from Fremont (which is right near where I live) offering to give me delivery of my Plaid by the end of the month if I want to change from Carbon Fiber to Wood. I can’t believe I said no. He said I’d probably have to wait another 2 months since CF just isn’t available. It’s going to be a long summer.

Its crazy that demand for the Plaid with wood/black is so incredibly low that you could literally get one EOM if you ordered over the next few days.

I assume part of the reason was that no one could order a wood interior originally but damn!

Its crazy that demand for the Plaid with wood/black is so incredibly low that you could literally get one EOM if you ordered over the next few days.

I assume part of the reason was that no one could order a wood interior originally but damn!
The temptation for me to switch to a black interior and wood is so great. But I want my white seats. Just need a little bit more patience...

Put me down for those gone back to blank even after the date assignment and a text from my local Tesla shop saying to expect delivery by the end of this month. I guess there's still a chance? I know some people have gotten a VIN without even having a date (I think) so there's hope. I will probably run out of signature space before the Tesla comes in haha.
There are negatives and positives to not having a VIN yet:
Negatives-
* It's not 'official' yet :(
* Want it to be official

Positives-
* Don't have to make payment
* Can continue to vent right here about not yet having a VIN :)

There are negatives and positives to not having a VIN yet:
Negatives-
* It's not 'official' yet :(
* Want it to be official

Positives-
* Don't have to make payment
* Can continue to vent right here about not yet having a VIN :)

Don't forget, supposedly they will have the ANC and tilting screen functionality working...2 months maybe, 6 months definitely.

Like a lot of you I just had a call from Fremont (which is right near where I live) offering to give me delivery of my Plaid by the end of the month if I want to change from Carbon Fiber to Wood. I can’t believe I said no. He said I’d probably have to wait another 2 months since CF just isn’t available. It’s going to be a long summer.
I did not get the call. When I do, I will say no. I was willing to wait for +. Will wait for my configuration: Red, Cream, CF and 19" wheels. A win, win, configuration. Just need a lot of strength and three months away from TMC.

I did not get the call. When I do, I will say no. I was willing to wait for +. Will wait for my configuration: Red, Cream, CF and 19" wheels. A win, win, configuration. Just need a lot of strength and three months away from TMC.
I would wait to get what I wanted but I actually (slightly) preferred wood, it just wasn't available or I didn't notice the option when I built out my order, so I was happy to switch, especially if that lets me get it sooner.

Volume #3 of Omar's Yoke Adventures is here:

MUCH BETTER, Omar. I see you are in fact getting quite used to driving with the yoke steering. I think the keys are using 1-handed palm for tight turns, u-turns, etc. and grabbing either the lower left or lower right bottom corner as you mentioned. This makes me feel much more comfortable with the yoke steering without any experience with it although I'm sure that it will take some time feeling comfortable and confident with it. Thank you!!! 👍 😎

I drove past the Dallas delivery center (all lots). Nothing. Plenty of 3's and Y's, no refresh S's. Unless someone has already received a VIN and shipping info, I don't see June as a possibility for Texas deliveries (more likely August).

Ok, reverse psychology do your work :)
Texas is a mess because you have to fund it before it leaves California - think someone else posted about that. Then it has to get hitched to a trailer headed East.

This is a fun site to play with for those 99% of us still awaiting our cars:

Someone posted this a few months ago, but they have done many improvements since then. They seem to be updating some of the specs as well, although still not quite matching the posts. The did add the MT 1.98 0-60 performance in track conditions for the Plaid!

Have fun racing your favorite cars! There is something cool about watching the specs actually play out in front of you.