Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From latest MT article
"We wanted to slow the clock way down and take a closer look at this epic 1.98-second 0-60 time and the 9.25-second, 156.2-mph quarter-mile run millisecond by millisecond."

156.2 trap seems to be higher than 155 mph on the Tesla site if my math still works. (edit: I think its a typo as they say 152.6 later - darn - they are dyslexic too)

but wait, there is more

"
  • Sixty mph arrives in the aforementioned 1.98 seconds, and the car is still pulling 1.11 g—and is just 98 feet from where it started. Yes, the entire sub-2.0-second drama occurs in less than 100 feet."

I gotta process this...I could do this in my driveway!

Amazing how Tesla meets the performance goals time and time again.

Wish I to they had not taken stuff away from the older cars though...really has diminished my enthusiasm.

Finally more details 60-130 mph time

Attachments

• DB5B896D-DDB4-4C84-AFBA-ED15C7181A49.jpeg
    DB5B896D-DDB4-4C84-AFBA-ED15C7181A49.jpeg
    498.3 KB · Views: 106
you have to pay first, they have to literally, physically go to the DMV in CALIFORNIA (of all places) to submit the paperwork...but after you pay it gets put on rail, goes through the mountain west, KC, then down to West Memphis AR, then put on a truck and driven to Dallas/Austin/San Antonio and/or then Houston.

No doubt in my mind most Texas orders are gonna be last, especially if you got any of the good looking colors.
Damn it! Maybe it wasn't such a bad idea on my part at 3AM last night when I couldn’t sleep to order an (in stock ready for delivery) MYLR just to get me until I get my MSLR since my current car has been giving me some (relatively minor) issues and I'm sick of it!

That isn't the process in Texas. You just can't pay tax through the dealer. You buy the car from Tesla, pick it up, and then have to go to your local tax collector for county and pay the sales tax after that separately is all. Tesla sends you all the paperwork for that, you take it in with a check to county, etc.
There is nothing in the process where tax or payment has to be funded before it leaves CA.

You are wrong about some of that. You have to pay for the car because it is sold in California and they send you California papers to take the Texas office to pay Texas tax to get it registered.

I've done this before, just last year

They’re still making white 3s and Ys aplenty. I have a feeling it’s just them doing their ramp thing. Carbon fiber might actually be out though. Probably supplier issue.
Maybe they are using different quality materials in the S and in the 3/Y--it certainly feels that way--could be wrong, been a while since I sat in a white 3.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
On the deliveries...with things opening up, why don't the far, far away folks just hop on a plane and take a local delivery? If you get it a few weeks early, would it be worth considering? Plus, less road dust and debris on the car possibly...

Pretty sure this was done by the early adopters....
Doesn't work because anyone who buys a car in CA has to pay CA sales tax.

Doesn't work because anyone who buys a car in CA has to pay CA sales tax.
We actually had this discussion 500 pages ago and the answer is no, you don’t have to pay sales tax on a car purchased in California if you are an out of state resident and register it in your home state. If you or anyone else is planning on road tripping your car home I can send the research again from the CDTFA, or Tesla would probably be familiar with the process as they do a lot of factory direct pickups.

Thanks for your response. I'm going to cancel. Essentially, Tesla is charging now for something that doesn't work based on a threat that they will make it more expensive when it does work. That doesn't make sense to me. Buying FSD seems like a foolish example of FOMO thinking.

You have to really need smart summon, or really be afraid of parallel parking, to go for FSD..JMHO

We actually had this discussion 500 pages ago and the answer is no, you don’t have to pay sales tax on a car purchased in California if you are an out of state resident and register it in your home state. If you or anyone else is planning on road tripping your car home I can send the research again from the CDTFA, or Tesla would probably be familiar with the process as they do a lot of factory direct pickups.

My understanding is if you take possession of it in CA you are required to pay tax. If you have it shipped out of state before you take possession of it you don't have to pay CA tax. (There was an attempt a while back to get this changed to promote tourism but they never changed it.)