Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
time for an update:
Emails only correspondence:
2/8---TESLA--"Congratulations, Your TA (Tesla Advisor)
2/22---ME--"Hi TA, question about Insurance and no VIN"
crickets
2/25---ME--"Hello?"
2/26---TA--"Sorry been busy. will email you back when we take delivery"
4/19---ME--"Elon not making your life easy at this point."
crickets
5/24---ME--"Hi SA/TA, You still around? Any updates on the MS LR deliveries?
crickets
6/14--ME--"Hi SA, You still around? Any updates on the MS LR deliveries?"
crickets

No Delivery Date on account page

I know I’m not the only one, but really hoping 🤞

D83F40E6-DBB7-4A54-B4FF-0049EC940C6D.jpeg

time for an update:
Emails only correspondence:
2/8---TESLA--"Congratulations, Your TA (Tesla Advisor)
2/22---ME--"Hi TA, question about Insurance and no VIN"
crickets
2/25---ME--"Hello?"
2/26---TA--"Sorry been busy. will email you back when we take delivery"
4/19---ME--"Elon not making your life easy at this point."
crickets
5/24---ME--"Hi SA/TA, You still around? Any updates on the MS LR deliveries?
crickets
6/14--ME--"Hi SA, You still around? Any updates on the MS LR deliveries?"
crickets

No Delivery Date on account page
The most insane part is they can just get away with it. That’s pure genius. Any other company would’ve had their ratings trashed for customer service, complaints on BBB, and a ton of negative reviews.

Yeah, speaking of the PAWS system, first thing I'm doing is disabling that speaker.

Next, anything to do with "California" and "taxes" just run and hide. Those dirty bastards still try to charge me income tax literally years after I've left and told them multiple times I no longer live there. That place is ridiculous.

@Filter they are going to cancel the long range

@JimLL that's why it's a great thing most of us are getting cars next month instead. 😂

I was called by SA on the cancellation yesterday. They offered to put me close to first in line for the Plaid+ and only raise it $80k if I wanted to change. And I could get CF or wood interior. They also said that if I picked up at Fremont I would not have to pay taxes as long as it was the second or third Tuesday of the month - they said it was a CA thing and I would not understand (which is true that I understand nothing of that state).

I tell ya, when Tesla pushed the March 2020 update out to my Model S Performance that added the new, easier launch mode, Cheetah Stance, increased power, new power gauge on the dash, dash cam viewer, etc, it was like every Christmas morning combined!! I have a video of this special moment if you are interested. :) I can only hope we get a similar update someday for the Plaid!

Ah yes, I've seen this :) I am sure there are some traction control and power modulation tweaks they can make to help the launch

My SA rang to say my delivery would be between 26th and 30th of June. Moments later that appeared on my account page. This AM the dates are missing again. During my call the SA said account updates were “screwey” at the moment. I concurred. He said I would have my vin “probably 21st or 22nd”.

For those irritated by these issues I have perspective. I have had similar oddities on my two previous Tesla orders. Not only that but experiences with other pre-production orders from such products as Cessna CJ525, Audi A4C, Maserati Spyder, BMW X1 and a few more all had delivery dates come and go and some even had VIN and specification mismatches.

In comparison to all the others Tesla has been actually better. That does not help with frustration but it does keep me from panic attacks. I am confident, sort of, that my new Plaid will appear next week. Why? It is quarter end!

Today is first day of my delivery window. My MVPA still reads the same with no discounts. Oh, no car either. The 25 is last day. My SA is still strong the 26 which she has been from when I first got my VIN. Did anyone get nervous when came time to pay up and pickup?
I’ve been buying cars for more than 20 years and I still get a little nervous when it comes time to actually pay, haha. Everything leading up to, and after, that is always much more fun haha

Today is first day of my delivery window. My MVPA still reads the same with no discounts. Oh, no car either. The 25 is last day. My SA is still strong the 26 which she has been from when I first got my VIN. Did anyone get nervous when came time to pay up and pickup?
Was the SA able to tell you where the car is? For example, if it’s still on a train, or if it has now been loaded onto a transport truck?

@omarsultan or anyone that has their Plaid. Sorry if this was answered before, but I drive my S with the backup camera open all the time. Is that still an option with the new UI and horizontal screen?
You, can but the view is different. When you are in reverse, the rearview cam takes over the entire screen--this is really pretty awesome and give a better FoV than looking out the rear hatch. If you are in drive , you can still keep the camera up, but is windowed and nav, etc are still visible.
IMG_0925.jpeg
IMG_0926.jpeg

Fyi, I just received my VIN number (again, had one a few months ago that was removed) last Thursday. After my date said August a couple of weeks ago it has slowly moved closer and today it shows

Estimated Delivery: June 19 - June 24​

And, last night I received a text saying it was my turn and a link to select a delivery appointment. Mine is a 2021 Model S LR. So, there's hope for everyone that they will start flowing!