Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@omarsultan any idea when Gabe's drone flyover video might drop for the public? Looking forward to finally seeing white MS Plaids at Fremont.

He just dropped a patreon video late last night. Looks like a fresh batch of White Model S's is on the track.

1624115573298.png

So yesterday I was supposed to pickup my Plaid Model S. They called me the day before to confirm that the vehicle had arrived and told me they would have it ready for my appointment yesterday.
45 minutes before my appointment I received a call saying they had to cancel my appointment and didn't know when I would actually be able to pickup the car due to a Tesla wide issue with the Plaid Model S. They have tentatively scheduled my delivery for June 30th.
I have already paid in full and I'm a bit disappointed in the lack of communication. Has anyone else had this issue or know what is going on? I know the "delivery event" was basically just for hype, but are they making deliveries on these vehicles yet? Thanks for any information because Tesla sure isn't giving me any.
Sorry to hear that, and you're in Cape Coral, FL on the West Coast? What was your color/options combo? BTW -- as I've said before, may not be a bad idea just to pay with a Bank Cashier's Check, handing it to them on the day of inspection & pickup. That's my plan anyway. I've heard of stories like this w/ Tesla in the past and even many ppl getting screwed by some sort of a glitch or error on Tesla's part when many people (hundreds or thousands?) were double-charged by accident through ACH transfers and double the money was taken out of customers bank accounts. There was a big story about this back in March. Tesla finally corrected their errors but it took several weeks for customers to get their money back!

Reactions: SegSeg
He just dropped a patreon video late last night. Looks like a fresh batch of White Model S's is on the track.

View attachment 675188
Awesome!!! Yay. Let's see if a bunch of us can get VINS sometime in the next week or so? Can anyone make out any whote Plaids w/ white seats and CF (lol on the CF as I'm sure we can't tell on the trim -- wood or CF).

So yesterday I was supposed to pickup my Plaid Model S. They called me the day before to confirm that the vehicle had arrived and told me they would have it ready for my appointment yesterday.
45 minutes before my appointment I received a call saying they had to cancel my appointment and didn't know when I would actually be able to pickup the car due to a Tesla wide issue with the Plaid Model S. They have tentatively scheduled my delivery for June 30th.
I have already paid in full and I'm a bit disappointed in the lack of communication. Has anyone else had this issue or know what is going on? I know the "delivery event" was basically just for hype, but are they making deliveries on these vehicles yet? Thanks for any information because Tesla sure isn't giving me any.
That is very disappointing. I’m due to pick up mine tomorrow. Haven’t heard a word. I’ll let you know

Awesome!!! Yay. Let's see if a bunch of us can get VINS sometime in the next week or so? Can anyone make out any whote Plaids w/ white seats and CF (lol on the CF as I'm sure we can't tell on the trim -- wood or CF).
He does get in there pretty close (Gabe is awesome!), but I can only make out White exteriors with Cream or Black interiors. There are a ton in the back though that he doesn't get close to. Also Seems to be a mix of Plaid and LR.

Sorry to hear that, and you're in Cape Coral, FL on the West Coast? What was your color/options combo? BTW -- as I've said before, may not be a bad idea just to pay with a Bank Cashier's Check, handing it to them on the day of inspection & pickup. That's my plan anyway. I've heard of stories like this w/ Tesla in the past and even many ppl getting screwed by some sort of a glitch or error on Tesla's part when many people (hundreds or thousands?) were double-charged by accident through ACH transfers and double the money was taken out of customers bank accounts. There was a big story about this back in March. Tesla finally corrected their errors but it took several weeks for customers to get their money back!
Yes, Southwest Florida! Model S Plaid, blue with arachnid wheels, black/wood interior. The transfer seemed like the easiest option and I thought the "delivery event" meant that they were actually making deliveries. My SA told me the car was on the way so I didn't think much of it. In hindsight, it was a big mistake. At this point, I would really just like to hear from someone what's going on and when I can reasonably expect the car that has already arrived to the location.

No clue, but I don’t like the sound of an issue with the plaid, what does that mean??

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I think the 4th motor is unnecessary and has more cans the pro. I also agree we'll se a speed boost once they get more operational data from the cars (so, I should do more Dragy runs to do my part :) ) -- this is the kind of BS coverage that seems to (rightfully) irritate Elon.
I would say MT is being a bit pedantic about the whole thing frankly. I mean, the car performs and we are talking about .07 of a second here (according to their tests). Everyone uses the stupid 1 ft. roll out and it should not be part of the discussion. If anything it was amazing to see how little the VHT really helped compared to the unprepped surface. That should have been more of the story, because it demonstrates the robust nature of the platform architecture.

One more point. If Tesla adds power to the platform would it likely not come from using the new batteries coming in the future? Why jump right to the need for a 4th motor given that there is likely more on the table just from battery swap in a couple of years.

Once I get my Blue Plaid with CF, I will gladly send Tesla engineers all kinds of test data for 0-60 mph runs from Florida roads :p

Last edited:
No clue, but I don’t like the sound of an issue with the plaid, what does that mean??
I tried to ask my SA the same thing, but she had no idea. She simply said it wasn't their fault at the service center and that Tesla wasn't allowing them to release any of the plaids. She said she couldn't elaborate any further because it hadn't been communicated to them.

I tried to ask my SA the same thing, but she had no idea. She simply said it wasn't their fault at the service center and that Tesla wasn't allowing them to release any of the plaids. She said she couldn't elaborate any further because it hadn't been communicated to them.
That’s shady….wonder what’s going on. And is it just specific to your delivery or nationwide.

many one else experiencing this??

Has anyone gotten delivery of MS Plaid after the event or it’s all sugar so far
Nope, just promises. That and two quarters will get you a gum ball.

has anyone here got a VIN OR Delivery date that ordered a LR? Ive seen alot of plaids, congrats!
Yes, I’ve seen at least one LR get a VIN in this thread.

My Jun 25-30 went blank too.

My only complaint is why show dates like that at all? Why toy with their customers for no real reason? Just keep it blank if so inclined or just show a far enough date that even Elon time can’t miss it…December or something.

Then comes another realization - Was this actually a VIN that was process of being matched to my account that was then reallocated for better EOQ profit chances? Feels sucky either way and the wait continues.

That’s shady….wonder what’s going on. And is it just specific to your delivery or nationwide.

many one else experiencing this??
Maybe it has to do with another (but major?) s/w update coming? @omarsultan had mentioned that his Plaid received a s/w update but nothing new as far as he could tell and there are many features that are still not available with the current s/w.