Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was left with the impression he wasn't calling out Tesla for this. I think he was calling out America for using a non-accurate standard for true 0-60. I believe this practice was started to remove reaction time of the driver from their car's performance measurement, and to give the wheel slip a chance to catch. I don't fault Tesla for using an established NHRA standard, but I also agree with him that America should not be using this unique measuring technique. This country tends to be stubborn in the face of superior practices (metric system anyone?)

He DID call out Tesla for not using consistent standards on their own products, and he is right with this one. Not using roll out on the LR is a misleading marketing trick. Even if you argue the LR is not the performance model, as a reason for not using roll out, it is faster than most performance cars, so there's that.

Try going to the compare function on the Tesla website. You can compare 3 vehicles at once. If you put the Plaid, LR and M3P next to each other you see 1.99*, 3.1, and 3.1* respectively. Not exactly an honest way to let consumers make an accurate choice.

Understood, and yes I completely think the 1 ft. roll out is out dated. And I prefer the metric system too, and that is a good point.

I do not believe that Tesla was intentionally trying to create confusion on performance between the Plaid and others. I think the reason the Plaid had the asterisk is because it is viewed as the top of the line performer and was at the brink of brink of a 2 second barrier under the current way 0-60 is measured. That being said I get the complaint completely. They should just be consistent. And It does not do the LR fair justice. But I mean the difference in performance is clearly evident in the quarter mile times when comparing the different offerings. 0-60 is a bit of a joke.

Ok - I am now totally confused. My SA told me (ouch) today that it would be possibly September.

I just check my account and have a VIN (5YJSA1E5xxxxxxxxx) and date (June 26-30). One hour ago still blank now this *sugar*. WTF???

So if anyone asks: LR blue/black, 21", FSD

When did you order? What range was your reservation number?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Couple of test pilots spotted at La Ronde amusement park in Montreal, QC sporting the 19's. Interesting to see the standard steering wheel make an appearance also... QC Dealer tags.

Attachments

• 3BD404C0-3057-4449-8352-D2A1B9B2B8DE.JPG
    3BD404C0-3057-4449-8352-D2A1B9B2B8DE.JPG
    143.7 KB · Views: 80
  • 0BD383C5-8171-4DE6-9F3A-F642E5F35987.JPG
    0BD383C5-8171-4DE6-9F3A-F642E5F35987.JPG
    95.7 KB · Views: 64
  • 31707B50-C5B2-4EE3-B111-86A545FAA63D.JPG
    31707B50-C5B2-4EE3-B111-86A545FAA63D.JPG
    377.2 KB · Views: 63
  • 53EB9E0B-C82C-47BE-BC68-59F5629B7109.JPG
    53EB9E0B-C82C-47BE-BC68-59F5629B7109.JPG
    112.1 KB · Views: 67
Understood, and yes I completely think the 1 ft. roll out is out dated. And I prefer the metric system too, and that is a good point.

I do not believe that Tesla was intentionally trying to create confusion on performance between the Plaid and others. I think the reason the Plaid had the asterisk is because it is viewed as the top of the line performer and was at the brink of brink of a 2 second barrier under the current way 0-60 is measured. That being said I get the complaint completely. They should just be consistent. And It does not do the LR fair justice. But I mean the difference in performance is clearly evident in the quarter mile times when comparing the different offerings. 0-60 is a bit of a joke.
As an engineer and track rat, I think Tesla follows the standard convention used by other car manufacturers and includes the 1 ft rollout.
All of the testing done by R&T, Car&Driver, Motortrend, etc uses the rollout and testing is consistent across the field. VHT not so much. ;)

@Dcher I thought you would be posting your pickup in real-time 😄 Come on man. Isn’t there a live feed function on these boards? 😂

It should be a requirement on this thread, for anyone picking up their Plaid, to live stream the above, in exchange for therapy rendered in the last 40...no 56k posts...