Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Attachments

• 1B5599F8-C0E4-4409-B59C-8EB9234A2B01.png
    1B5599F8-C0E4-4409-B59C-8EB9234A2B01.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 165
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
We had a hail storm go through last night for a few minutes but had fist sized hail. Every 3 and Y at the service center (2-3 dozen) looked like golf balls and some had broken glass. It will a rough EOQ for this SC...
Damn. That is awful. A lot of upset phone calls about to come through.

Ironically, we had a hailstorm (quarter size) the night before I sold my MS LR. No issues, thank god. But it was nerve wrecking.

We had a hail storm go through last night for a few minutes but had fist sized hail. Every 3 and Y at the service center (2-3 dozen) looked like golf balls and some had broken glass. It will a rough EOQ for this SC...
Just called a random SA. plaid/red/CF/rn115/fsd/5/27. Nothing. No go. She said it’s progressing. It’s in the build phase.

I really don’t believe that nor do I believe it will be delivered in June like it originally said.

Too late to switch to wood? Worth asking...

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
could not disagree more. This car has THOUSAND HORSEPOWER. It needs good brakes. Having said that, I have not driven it. But the reports i have heard from pretty experienced individuals is they are not great.
I'm pretty sure it has good brakes.
I'm equally pretty sure it does not have track level brakes.
In short, I think I agree with you :)

He said he was wrong based on the MT results. I am saying he should not have said he is wrong, because he isn't.

The only way he can be proven wrong is if the theoretical limit of braking (friction limit) is reached and the same limit for acceleration (friction limit) is reached, AND THEN acceleration exceeds braking. That won't happen. Braking has mechanical and technological limits, just like acceleration. Tesla clearly designed a car that approaches the friction limit of acceleration better than it does for braking.

All MT proved is that Tesla made a car that has better acceleration than braking.

And again, the rear tires are wider, so you will get better acceleration than braking. In his first video he even acknowledged such variances. I'm surprised he didn't put more thought into his response.
I agree with you but that was part of his justification as to why it could not be done. And it was a bad assumption on his part. And he knew he had made a bad assumption or else he would not have apologized.

I mean, I am not a fan of the 1 ft. roll out rule either. But everyone uses it. If you are going to pick on Tesla then you have to pick on all automakers. From that stand point of view I don't think he is being fair. If a 1 ft. roll out is assumed and prepped track, then MT did achieve a 1.98s 0-60. His latest video says "Tesla Failed". I would hardly call anything about the plaid a failure especially since there is not another production car that can do a 0-60 like the plaid. It just seems like he has a bone to pick with Tesla.

Look, this car may turn out to be iconic for America. Ferrari, Lambo, Porsche, Bugatti, etc.....they have no answer for this machine right now, Hopefully Tesla can maintain this edge, And as much as MT was throwing a tantrum about Tesla dictating the testing terms, you could definitely sense their excitement and amazement at the car's performance.

Last edited:
I agree with you but that was part of his justification as to why it could not be done. And it was a bad assumption on his part. I mean, I am not a fan of the 1 ft. roll out rule either. But everyone uses it. If you are going to pick on Tesla then you have to pick on all automakers. From that stand point of view I don't think he is being fair. If a 1 ft. roll out is assumed and prepped track, then MT did achieve a 1.98s 0-60. His latest video says "Tesla Failed". I would hardly call anything about the plaid a failure especially since there is not another production car that can do a 0-60 like the plaid.

Look, this car may turn out to be iconic for America. Ferrari, Lambo, Porsche, Bugatti, etc.....they have no answer for this machine right now, Hopefully Tesla can maintain this edge,
I was left with the impression he wasn't calling out Tesla for this. I think he was calling out America for using a non-accurate standard for true 0-60. I believe this practice was started to remove reaction time of the driver from their car's performance measurement, and to give the wheel slip a chance to catch. I don't fault Tesla for using an established NHRA standard, but I also agree with him that America should not be using this unique measuring technique. This country tends to be stubborn in the face of superior practices (metric system anyone?)

He DID call out Tesla for not using consistent standards on their own products, and he is right with this one. Not using roll out on the LR is a misleading marketing trick. Even if you argue the LR is not the performance model, as a reason for not using roll out, it is faster than most performance cars, so there's that.

Try going to the compare function on the Tesla website. You can compare 3 vehicles at once. If you put the Plaid, LR and M3P next to each other you see 1.99*, 3.1, and 3.1* respectively. Not exactly an honest way to let consumers make an accurate choice.

I agree with you but that was part of his justification as to why it could not be done. And it was a bad assumption on his part. I mean, I am not a fan of the 1 ft. roll out rule either. But everyone uses it. If you are going to pick on Tesla then you have to pick on all automakers. From that stand point of view I don't think he is being fair. If a 1 ft. roll out is assumed and prepped track, then MT did achieve a 1.98s 0-60. His latest video says "Tesla Failed". I would hardly call anything about the plaid a failure especially since there is not another production car that can do a 0-60 like the plaid.

Look, this car may turn out to be iconic for America. Ferrari, Lambo, Porsche, Bugatti, etc.....they have no answer for this machine right now, Hopefully Tesla can maintain this edge,
I usually enjoy Engineering Explain's videos, but this time, I thought his thumbnail was total BS, and he was seemingly pointing a finger at Tesla for doing what literally ALL other carmakers do. For example, the new Dodge Super Stock is supposed to run a 3.25 second 0-60, and a 1/4 mile in 10.5 seconds. Is it able to accomplish those stats on unprepped asphalt? NO. You'd be lucky to get a 0-60 in the mid 4s, and a mid 12-13 second 1/4 mile. So saying Tesla failed when the Plaid BEAT Tesla's estimates is total crap. Even the lower trap speed is most likely due to the 163mph speed limiter starting to kick in.
(Rant over lol)