Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MT needs something to complain about to increase their click rates!! And we have all been sucked in to paying attention to them!
Ignore MT- wait for the YouTubers who OWN the things to have a crack on decent roads...
They had a prepped surface. You're not going to find better conditions on any road.

Edit: Second thought, you'll see a lot of postings of downhill accelerations. That is definitely better than a prepped flat surface.

Just picked up my plaid. All I can is that it is an out of body experience. I am just figuring things out but it does everything well. Acceleration was a bit intense but fun as hell. The cornering and suspension better than expected. I actually am getting used to the yolk . I figured out what works best at slow speed turns. One pushes up one side of the yolk while pulling down with the other. Sounds complicated but it actually comes natural after a while. Overall I have no complaints other than it is scary fast. I speak from experience since my other cars are a Lamborghini Hurucan Performante along with an Bmw M5. The fit and finish is equivalent to any of my former Porsches or my Lamborghini. I’ll have more later.

Congrats on the car! Is this door trim actually misaligned or is it the camera angle? Seems like the door panels from the few model s we have seen are about half an inch or so high vs the body panel itself, but wondering if its just a camera trick on the eyes. Thanks!

Screenshot_29.png

Any swim fans here? records are broken by hundredths of a second constantly. Horse win races by that margin, as do car races. It's not as inconsequential as you are all trying to make it. 1.99 to 2.07 is a difference of 3.8%.
Different magazines can easily be off by that much when they measure 0-60 when testing a particular car. now maybe less with a car like the plaid but that remains to be seen. We will see how much car and driver and motor trend are of from 2.07 seconds. I tried to find out info on the accuracy of the vbox and dragy and i got some mixed numbers. saw something like 1/100 to 2/100 seconds of accuracy. Then you have to rss that with the other environmental errors that might be present , and some might not be so easy to calibrate out. also is it 1.9999999999 we are trying to achieve? LOL. Then you are more like a 3.5% error....hahah.

Just picked up my plaid. All I can is that it is an out of body experience. I am just figuring things out but it does everything well. Acceleration was a bit intense but fun as hell. The cornering and suspension better than expected. I actually am getting used to the yolk . I figured out what works best at slow speed turns. One pushes up one side of the yolk while pulling down with the other. Sounds complicated but it actually comes natural after a while. Overall I have no complaints other than it is scary fast. I speak from experience since my other cars are a Lamborghini Hurucan Performante along with an Bmw M5. The fit and finish is equivalent to any of my former Porsches or my Lamborghini. I’ll have more later.
Gosh I wish MSM had more of that slate blue look in real life. I love the color when it’s super clean and that blue is picking up extra light.

Congrats!!! They didn’t by chance mention any other Plaid deliveries this next week, did they? 😅

• Funny
Reactions: HumanInput
Wow, a little under half a second difference between fancy mode and every day driver mode 0-60. Interesting. No testing required but it does beg the question as to the value of battery conditioning versus nose down butt up launch (behave!).

I know it is getting old but thank you Omar.

Just got my delivery date for new S LR. Next Saturday. Have others picked these up yet or only Plaid?
Have my delivery date for Tuesday MS LR Blue/Cream 19" FSD

Just got my delivery date for new S LR. Next Saturday. Have others picked these up yet or only Plaid?

Congrats. Excited for you. A little jaded at Tesla for the tease with taking my VIN away.
What is your config and order date?

Please compare the LR and Plaid - features not performance. Make sure all the little things are the same.

Glad to see they are clearing out some old dates now.