Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lol so if the MT driver was 250lb, then it’s possible a 150lb driver could have gotten a 1.99 vs. 2.07 🤣😂

And don’t forget about the Carwow guy who reminds us that the Remac is faster lol.
The Remac is impressive but it’s $2.5M, only 150 will be produced, and they’ve all been sold. Idk if 150 units is considered a true production car 🤷‍♂️. It is a sweet car though.

Important point needs to be made here. Say Remac broke some laws of physics, and shaved a second off the 0-60 time.

Let's say Every MS owner wanted one...

They are only making 150!

Multiply that by 10, less than two weeks of MS production.

My takeaway is Remac is irrelevant.

I cannot wait to regular folks to hit these numbers and maybe get some of these car mags to adjust their attitude a bit. I mean if goofball here can hit 2.1s on some random California backroad, I am sure someone with some access to flat, smooth asphalt can get under 2 sec. Heck, finding a driver closer to their ideal BMI is probably good for another tenth of a sec.
Like say here in flat, South Florida. Wait until Brooks gets his Plaid and starts his 1/4 mi runs. I bet he gets 2.0 sec or less 0-60mph and does 1/4 mi in 9.2 sec @ 152-155mph.

Like say here in flat, South Florida. Wait until Brooks gets his Plaid and starts his 1/4 mi runs. I bet he gets 2.0 sec or less 0-60mph and does 1/4 mi in 9.2 sec @ 152-155mph.

You would think Brooks would be pretty skeptical of the Plaid. Despite being fully invested in ICE, he seems to be very open minded.

Oh, please. It's a marketing gimmick. Less than .01% (how about that?) of Plaid Model S owners will ever go to the dragstrip and therefore, will never get to feel the marketed acceleration.

Meanwhile, I can go buy a C8 Corvette and hit 2.8s on a flat asphalt road as advertised. Which has been reproduced by many, many people.
It certainly is for bragging rights to be < 2.0 sec. and people driving MS Plaids will be posting their duplicated 2.0-2.2 sec 0-60mph & 1/4 mi times & ETs all over the place over the next 6+ months. And as far as the C8 Vette goes, would that be 2.8 sec or 2.88 sec (and with or without the 1’ rollout)? Lol. 🤔😜. Who cares?

Last edited:
It certainly is for bragging rights to be < 2.0 sec. and people driving MS Plaids will be posting their duplicated 2.0-2.2 sec 0-60mph & 1/4 mi times & ETs all over the place over the next 6+ months. And as far as the C8 Vette goes, would that be 2.8 sec or 2.08 sec (and with or without the 1’ rollout)? Lol. 🤔😜. Who cares?
It is gentleman's word that they won't remove seats to achieve the first <2.0 time

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Oh, please. It's a marketing gimmick. Less than .01% (how about that?) of Plaid Model S owners will ever go to the dragstrip and therefore, will never get to feel the marketed acceleration.

Meanwhile, I can go buy a C8 Corvette and hit 2.8s on a flat asphalt road as advertised. Which has been reproduced by many, many people.

I'll match that, hopefully, with the CT trimotor, and then go to pick up a ton of rocks at HD...

And as far as the C8 Vette goes, would that be 2.8 sec or 2.08 sec (and with or without the 1’ rollout)? Lol. 🤔😜. Who cares?
My F150 can do consistent sub 10's on most surfaces, with or without rollout, but like the Corvette, who cares when it is so slow :rolleyes:

MT did say the Plaid was extremely consistent in the runs, so no matter what you do, you easily beat the Vette....and F150....

Serious question: Why do people redact parts of their reservation number, VIN and/or license plate number when posting? I get this is a public forum on the internet, but what can someone do with this information? Anyone can see a VIN or license plate number on a car in the wild. It’s not as if Tesla will allow anyone to redirect or cancel an order with just a RN or VIN.

I have a fear of Monkeys...