Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While i agree, and want to tell myself this as welI(competition is good), I think many overlook the Supercharging network, Hardware(specifically motors/gearsets), and Software. Tesla has a LARGE lead, i'm already hearing some rumblings of problems with the Mustang Mach-e, and assume all will experience similar growing pains on the software/Hardware side... doesn't even address the charging network. While i think their car rollouts have been awful i think they have quietly been killing it on the charging network and continue to do so.

Nobody overlooks the Tesla network, because every time someone else brings up buying a different EV that competes with a Tesla, there is some Tesla owner to remind them about it!

Exactly and, as an example, Daimler (who, yes, owns Mercedes but is also involved in much larger transportation ventures like building trains) recently invested $170 million into the battery tech company I mentioned. New battery technology is going to transform far more than just the automotive industry and it's on the horizon.

New battery production is so important that VW and Porsche have announced that they will each have their own production facilities. VW for cells for more everyday cars and Porsche for higher performance applications.

As a reminder, VW owns Porsche. So this is not trivial.

On the 21st of June, my account updated this morning to ‘June’ lol. This should be interesting with 9 days left.

Attachments

• BF618717-B6F0-4CDC-B33F-0C70BDBA87A6.png
    BF618717-B6F0-4CDC-B33F-0C70BDBA87A6.png
    1 MB · Views: 92
On the 21st of June, my account updated this morning to ‘June’ lol. This should be interesting with 9 days left.
Have I seen delivery happen within a day or two, totally! But will they actually be able to deliver them? Highly unlikely. With weird stories of engineers having to inspect the Plaids right before deliveries and with VINs appearing and disappearing this whole situation is a *sugar* fest lol

I have an august delivery this morning after months of we will reach out to you. If it actually comes in August it will be fun to drive for a week before leave the country for 6 months. Will be looking at a new thread on how to store the EV for long term but I guess thats a good problem to have. Not hopeful it comes and with RN's much more down the line being given the same date it seems like a date just thrown out to calm the hounds. Anyone have a July date or is that too wild to think it will arrive before? RN11451. lr black cream/wood 19 fsd ordered and completed mid feb
Just updated to July this morning after being blank the last few weeks.

Have I seen delivery happen within a day or two, totally! But will they actually be able to deliver them? Highly unlikely. With weird stories of engineers having to inspect the Plaids right before deliveries and with VINs appearing and disappearing this whole situation is a *sugar* fest lol
Yea I’m not holding my breath. However, it is a little encouraging seeing June so late in the month. Following the recent trend, my June date will be gone tomorrow but I’m very interested to see if Tesla can pull this off.

VW Group, in my humble opinion, will be a mainstream auto maker that can make noise.

The only big marks against VW group right now is that their platform doesn't support one pedal driving, which is a terrible oversight, and their software is pretty terrible. But I agree I think gen 2 fixes both, but gen 2 is probably 4-5 years away.

Ford got 1.5 of those right with the Mach E, including one pedal driving and better software but it still isn't comparable with Ford.

I think Rivian has the best chance of the newcomers, as they are offering unique vehicle types that haven't really been offered yet for a relatively affordable price vs starting with a $160k grand dad sedan.

Lucid has the best engineering (from their specs), but the car is ugly, it's extremely expensive, and there's nothing really all that exciting from a software perspective (plus the interior is the worst layout of all Ford/Tesla/Rivian) in terms of usefulness of the screens.

IDK - I think GM, Ford survive. I think VW becomes a leader, I think Rivian has a shot and I think Lucid probably does in 3 years. It's a meme stock also.

Can you add a note that the VIN is useless without included at least everything up to the last three? Theres really nothing to hide in a VIN anyway, but it will be very hard to observe when changes occur, or, to find out of the cars parked in the lots get delivered months from now after new ones have been rolling off the line and into peoples hands (supporting one theory those cars are waiting for trim parts)
Good point--changed the column heading

The only big marks against VW group right now is that their platform doesn't support one pedal driving, which is a terrible oversight, and their software is pretty terrible. But I agree I think gen 2 fixes both, but gen 2 is probably 4-5 years away.

Ford got 1.5 of those right with the Mach E, including one pedal driving and better software but it still isn't comparable with Ford.

I think Rivian has the best chance of the newcomers, as they are offering unique vehicle types that haven't really been offered yet for a relatively affordable price vs starting with a $160k grand dad sedan.

Lucid has the best engineering (from their specs), but the car is ugly, it's extremely expensive, and there's nothing really all that exciting from a software perspective (plus the interior is the worst layout of all Ford/Tesla/Rivian) in terms of usefulness of the screens.

IDK - I think GM, Ford survive. I think VW becomes a leader, I think Rivian has a shot and I think Lucid probably does in 3 years. It's a meme stock also.
The one that will lead needs to start building out a charging network (ASAP) and not rely on Electrify America.

If I don't have a car by January 1st, I will not be a Tesla customer...ever. This is an emerging market and as soon as someone discovers the holy grail in battery technology, and companies like Sila Nanotechnologies, run by Tesla's employee #7, are getting close, Tesla is going to get left in the dust by other manufacturers who will also have cool, fast cars and who care about customer service. Tesla's lack thereof is creating bad blood for them. They are writing their own future demise.
I understand your frustration and everyone has their threshold of what they are willing to put up with.

On the battery front, Tesla is its own demand for batteries and thus will likely push the development of the technology as hard or harder than anyone else. In addition, the innovation to end customer delivery cycle is tightly coupled with Tesla providing a quicker return on investment. If you create the greatest battery tech since sliced bread, would you go to someone like GM who want to buy batteries from vendors, one of GM's battery vendors or to Tesla?

Or is Cardenio an inside joke as is a lost Shakespeare play.
Cardenio must be an older name (maybe internal code name). When I first got my car, going through the menus, for the wheel size, the two options provided were 19/Cardenio and 21/Arachnid. After that small update I received post-launch, the menu showed 19/Tempest.