Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have made a few posts on this subject, but none so elegant as yours. My list includes two that were bought back by their maker (no 'lemon law'). All my other very early pre-production orders were delivered late, a couple without warning. All but one had large dealer adds despite preorders and deposits from me. Then there was the vehicle far more expensive than any Tesla that on delivery could not even start due to electronic faults. The payment had been made and title transferred. That on was a horror story from beginning to end. After that I still persist in early adoption.

Tesla has it's issues, but they've been pretty mild compared to the others.

Not only that but my Tesla person just called and said I could expect my car between the 26th and 30th, depending on shipping. My vin will be assigned "within the next two to three days". At least I'm less depressed, even if there is nothing in any way definitive.:D
I got DK'd by the dealer two years after placing an order for a car :0. The order was number two behind the dealership owner and was for list price. They found out they could get $50k over list and simply "lost" my order. I elevated the issue to the national dealer channel manager (for McLaren) who came back and confirmed I did not have an order. I then sent him all the back and forth email traffic with the dealership manager (who was still at the dealership) and the US Channel Manager confirmed that, yes, I did indeed have an order.......

Tesla may be bad but there are much worse out there.

Last edited:
Here's some context for ordering from established automakers. I was admiring my neighbor's custom ordered Porsche 911 Carrera 4 Cabriolet which he picked up Saturday. It starts at $122,000ish and ended up close to $170,000 after options. He ordered it from Beverly Hills Porsche because they gave him a 4% discount at the time while Irvine wouldn't. However, Beverly Hills Porsche now has a waiting list of 200 customers and is charging an additional $15,000 per car over MSRP. The paint looked like glass and the door gaps were consistent. I understand it can hit it's 4.2 0-60 time on an unprepped track, so it's got that going for it too.

I'm confused, that's brown wood, not Ebony. The brown looks nice with white/cream interiors. I'm really not feeling the brown wood on black interior.
I’m with you, that’s more of a walnut than ebony finish, it’s a long way off the color as shown on the website…
Ughhh I'm switching to CF if that's the color wood Tesla considers ebony. I'm hoping maybe it's a bad pic lol

I do not know, they looks pretty damn similar.

Edit: pretty similar angle. 2021 Tesla Model S Plaid - osultan

That looks way lighter (Omar's car) to me (than the LR posted). Omar's wood appears dark on top in the shadow, but look on the head on shot where it goes up into the dashboard proper. The LR post has complete direct sunlight on top, which makes it look a lot lighter than it is.

I GOT A VIN!!!! Original order was 2/12 for Plaid S MSM CF 21". Went from March / June/ Blank and now is August. I decided to submit a new order on 6/12 for same car with Wood trim to see if it came first. Today I got a VIN and delivery date for June 21-24, submitted all financials and insurance update with VIN. It is super frustrating that the car I ordered almost 6 months is not being delivered yet the car I ordered 7 days ago is being delivered this week.

Burbank Location pick up
Doesnt that cost you 10,000 extra due to the price increase?

Here's some context for ordering from established automakers. I was admiring my neighbor's custom ordered Porsche 911 Carrera 4 Cabriolet which he picked up Saturday. It starts at $122,000ish and ended up close to $170,000 after options. He ordered it from Beverly Hills Porsche because they gave him a 4% discount at the time while Irvine wouldn't. However, Beverly Hills Porsche now has a waiting list of 200 customers and is charging an additional $15,000 per car over MSRP. The paint looked like glass and the door gaps were consistent. I understand it can hit it's 4.2 0-60 time on an unprepped track, so it's got that going for it too.
But it
Stinks
Vibrates
Makes you go to gas stations
Has oil which must be warmed before you can abuse it
Probably has to be "started" whatever that is