Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can do you a solid and take delivery for you. I’ll even break it in for you and keep it garages until you return. Let me know.
I have actually considered having someone take delivery for me if the car comes in, but I don’t think Tesla will allow anyone but the original purchasers to take delivery. Has anyone successfully had someone else take delivery?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I have actually considered having someone take delivery for me if the car comes in, but I don’t think Tesla will allow anyone but the original purchasers to take delivery. Has anyone successfully had someone else take delivery?
Yes we did it actually as long as the car is paid for and you arrange it with your Sales guy should be no problem.

I have that "by date" sentiment but it is linked to lack of date/communication not just to be in a pissing contest with Tesla. I need a car and to move on. Tesla has given me no end or target even. So I cannot keep going indefinitely.
Understandable given a lease. Enjoy your S7. Make sure you buy one off the lot rather than special order. Chances are you’d have a similar experience.

• Funny
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
It seems like everyone(?) who does not have a definitive date for a delivery this quarter has had their date estimate removed. you'd think that "July" or "August" would be a wide enough range to just leave there. I was super excited that "July" would mean delivery in ~ 3 weeks-ish...
I ordered on June 17th and it said June and has never changed. I'm expecting it to change / disappear. No way it's happening. The SA said it wouldn't be until Sept / Oct.

Enjoy your S7. Make sure you buy one off the lot rather than special order. Chances are you’d have a similar experience.

Not on a lease - we just pay cash. I am clawing at wanting to stay this Tesla route so I am dragging my feet and not there quite yet but will not have much choice soon. Yes, as with anyone, if not in stock it is 4-6 months but that is a little more reliable. The one I am looking at is in stock (for now).
1624374107023.png

Last edited:
I've read that they will allow you to have it delivered to someone else. Too bad you are not in LA, I'd volunteer!

I am clawing at wanting to stay this Tesla route so I am dragging my feet and not there quite yet but will not have much choice soon. Yes, as with anyone, if not in stock it is 4-6 months but that is a little more reliable. The one I am looking at is in stock (for now).
View attachment 676241
and you get the coveted RED CALIPERS 😂 🤣

I am clawing at wanting to stay this Tesla route so I am dragging my feet and not there quite yet but will not have much choice soon. Yes, as with anyone, if not in stock it is 4-6 months but that is a little more reliable. The one I am looking at is in stock (for now).
View attachment 676241
Dude, try and hold the line, you will love the car, it is totally worth the hassle.

tenor-15.gif

View attachment 676241
I’m feeling a type of way today too, like this wait makes me question whether I even want to entertain waiting, knowing that “possibly October” can turn into another refresh and another 6 month delay 😅😅

I’m feeling a type of way today too, like this wait makes me question whether I even want to entertain waiting, knowing that “possibly October” can turn into another refresh and another 6 month delay 😅😅
This last “refresh” is like a complete overhaul other than the outside body panels. I don’t think we will see another change like this with the MS for several years again. “Minor” updates do happen frequently though.