Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Being new to this game it’s very discouraging. I feel like you guys are the most patient people I’ve met in my entire life.
just gotta resign yourself to the fact it's never coming and then be surprised if it does. Made the mistake of watching a review video of new s after receiving and August date yesterday; only to be given the dreaded we will reach out to you one day later. At this point I expect it to come in November- Jan. But wouldn't mind it until next march as Ill be out of the country from oct-march.

It's not patience, at this point I would call it insanity

I am clawing at wanting to stay this Tesla route so I am dragging my feet and not there quite yet but will not have much choice soon. Yes, as with anyone, if not in stock it is 4-6 months but that is a little more reliable. The one I am looking at is in stock (for now).
View attachment 676241
When I was waiting for the Plaid+, my plan was to buy a BMW 5-Series from Carvana and then sell it when the + was ready.

Another option would be to use the Volvo or Porsche Subscription services which only have a minimum of 3 months. That’s not available in CA for Volvo, but if you’re outside the state, could be a really great intermediate option.

This sounds like something I would do... could you possibly share it? haha

On topic: Mine went from July, to blank (for the first time...)
I knew I should have kept my damn mouth shut.... :)

Anyway, I forked and hacked up an existing script beyond all recognition and shoved in an MQTT lib. I spent 27 total minutes, and the code is awful. Apologies but I have zero time to support this, so if it doesn't work I can't really help you right now. To test that your automations work, you can point the CAR_URL in config.ini to any website with text that starts with '5YJ' or the words 'Estimated delivery: ', you should be able to test the triggers.

Also, it doesn't run from cron, it loops itself, so don't run it in cron.

Last edited:
I knew I should have kept my damn mouth shut.... :)

Anyway, I forked and hacked up an existing script beyond all recognition and shoved in an MQTT lib. Apologies but I have zero time to support this, so if it doesn't work I can't really help you right now. To test that your automations work, you can point the CAR_URL in config.ini to any website with text that starts with '5YJ' or the words 'Estimated delivery: ', you should be able to test the triggers.

Also, it doesn't run from cron, it loops itself, so don't run it in cron.

This would be a great thing to run on the k3s cluster I built with raspberry pis that is literally running nothing right now, lol

For those folks in the same camp as me that switched from CF to wood to get a faster delivery, while the Wood is now listed on the description, the estimated date is still August.... Did you guys see that date change once the wood was updated or it just jump from August to "vin assigned" status? Getting anxious. Also, annoyed if I changed to wood from CF and don't see an accelerated delivery.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Which should tell you how great the car is :) I am sure many of us are not generally patient people.
I guess the issue is really the uncertainty. Like if I know there is promotional testing coming up in September, I get myself mentally prepared and study. This… I have no idea when it’s coming at all. Said June when ordered, now SA says maybe October, which can literally turn into anything considering there’s 4 month difference in between what the site said and what the SA said.

For those folks in the same camp as me that switched from CF to wood to get a faster delivery, while the Wood is now listed on the description, the estimated date is still August.... Did you guys see that date change once the wood was updated or it just jump from August to "vin assigned" status? Getting anxious. Also, annoyed if I changed to wood from CF and don't see an accelerated delivery.
Same camp, PNW as well. Went from August to blank this morning. Increased refresh of order page from every minute all day long to every 30s.