Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm thinking of changing my car config to add the arachnids. I have been blank for over a month, so I don't see how it can affect a delivery date that doesn't exist. I really don't like the hub caps. They were okay as silver, but the grey just looks too much like those base model 3 rims. I'll reach out to my SA for the very first time tomorrow and see how that goes.
I also prefer the silver and black wheel covers to the new ones, but there are too many disadvantages with 21" wheels for me to change.

I was able to push the car much harder than I expected. It explodes out of corners and is a total thrill. Naturally I had the suspension dialed up to max stiffness. This car is not just a straight line speedster that’s for sure. Windows were tinted today. I will be getting the car wrapped next week the a radar detector and laser jammer mounted in the front bumper which consider essential given how deceptive the speed is on this car.
Remember to watch for bicycles and pedestrians.

I also prefer the silver and black wheel covers to the new ones, but there are too many disadvantages with 21" wheels for me to change.
Range is not an issue for me. Mostly doing 40 miles a day, maybe 100 a day on a busy weekend. I am concerned about potholes, but I really don't like the idea of dropping close to 90K on a car that has plastic hubcaps. It didn't sit well with me from the beginning, and it finally ate at me enough to make the change.

For those folks in the same camp as me that switched from CF to wood to get a faster delivery, while the Wood is now listed on the description, the estimated date is still August.... Did you guys see that date change once the wood was updated or it just jump from August to "vin assigned" status? Getting anxious. Also, annoyed if I changed to wood from CF and don't see an accelerated delivery.
It took about 24 hours for account to reflect Wood from cf. about 24-48 hours later account went from blank to august. Now back to blank.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Just got a text... 8pm CST.

• Model S Plaid
  • Pearl White Multi-Coat
  • 21" Arachnid Wheels
  • Cream Premium Interior with Walnut Décor
  • Yoke Steering
  • Autopilot
  • Full Self-Driving Capability

• VIN 5YJSA1E6XMF4xxxx !!!
Now I'm excited. Delivery to Houston facility June 24-30.

Congrats, that's awesome! I see you're in Lousiana, but would you mind if I stopped by to check the car out before you drive back home ? Would love to see one in person. Thanks!

Attachments

• E0D321B2-0A94-486E-8557-C404FB7DF9B2.gif
    E0D321B2-0A94-486E-8557-C404FB7DF9B2.gif
    51.9 KB · Views: 88
So I drive by the Devon Pa SC. They had about 8-9 model s on the lot. All black and MSM except 2 white. I couldn’t walk around a creep much as it is down pouring here in PA. Plus, one of the employees was giving my the stink eye for getting out of car and taking a picture. But this tells me they are going to push HARD for EoQ if there is 8 or 9 on that lot. One matched my order too, so hoping to get a VIN.
Also, ebony is a darker brown wood. The pictures we saw must have been bad light. I was CF or digitally and switched for earlier delivery. After see wood trim it looks awesome. And the car looks 100% better in person, just like everyone is saying.

Attachments

• 64E0C2B9-B37A-4DA4-BD5E-9A92B72522AA.jpeg
    64E0C2B9-B37A-4DA4-BD5E-9A92B72522AA.jpeg
    439.8 KB · Views: 57
  • 1721379B-378F-4BB8-A311-F456266C311D.jpeg
    1721379B-378F-4BB8-A311-F456266C311D.jpeg
    457.6 KB · Views: 60
  • 14CF74E0-7E62-4F51-9365-6E9313E74A4C.jpeg
    14CF74E0-7E62-4F51-9365-6E9313E74A4C.jpeg
    811.8 KB · Views: 60
Omar: how hard is it to use the manual override handle to open the front door, the manual says it’s in front of the window switches.
It is easy, but two caveats:
  • You need to know its there
  • Assuming it uses the same mechanism as the Model 3, you cannot use it every day. When we got a prepped to do Model 3 deliveries at our store, one of the things they wanted to make sure we emphasized was the override was only to be used on an exception basis, its not designed for everyday use.

So I drive by the Devon Pa SC. They had about 8-9 model s on the lot. All black and MSM except 2 white. I couldn’t walk around a creep much as it is down pouring here in PA. Plus, one of the employees was giving my the stink eye for getting out of car and taking a picture. But this tells me they are going to push HARD for EoQ if there is 8 or 9 on that lot. One matched my order too, so hoping to get a VIN.
Also, ebony is a darker brown wood. The pictures we saw must have been bad light. I was CF or digitally and switched for earlier delivery. After see wood trim it looks awesome. And the car looks 100% better in person, just like everyone is saying.
I do not miss the weather in the northeast. Moved here from NJ 2 Years ago.

Thanks for the sleuthing! Great info and photos 😍

Does one of the cars have protective film over the exterior trim pieces, or is that chrome?