Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm guessing that is just temporary for delivery and not equivalent to what you'd get aftermarket for long term protection. It would be nice if it's the latter!

Correct, just for shipping. Aftermarket PPf is never done at the dealership. And typically not white but clear.

someone that is perhaps more familiar with it though could speak to it in more depth as I have never done it to any of my cars before.
Spot on @Crb003 - the white wrap is travel protection film. @omarsultan was curious about the black magic that determines which cars get the white wrap and which cars do not - as there is zero consistency. However, it seems that all new Model S are coming with clear PPF along the rear wheel well to prevent rock chips from the front tires. And I think that is stock. Similar to this (Model Y Paint Protection Film), but not nearly as big. Again, I think the OCD Detailing video has a capture of it.

I finally have my LR VIN number and delivery date! All info is in my signature. Delivery 6/27 - 6/30.
congrats! by chance were you given any dates of est delivery throughout the process? ordered close to you rn close had aug yesterday for first time since it was showing march then april but only showed aug for one day until it went back to the dreaded we will reach out to you

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Spot on @Crb003 - the white wrap is travel protection film. @omarsultan was curious about the black magic that determines which cars get the white wrap and which cars do not - as there is zero consistency. However, it seems that all new Model S are coming with clear PPF along the rear wheel well to prevent rock chips from the front tires. And I think that is stock. Similar to this (Model Y Paint Protection Film), but not nearly as big. Again, I think the OCD Detailing video has a capture of it.
let it play for a minute or two and he will go over it. Link is right at start time. No scrubbing need :)

So I drive by the Devon Pa SC. They had about 8-9 model s on the lot. All black and MSM except 2 white. I couldn’t walk around a creep much as it is down pouring here in PA. Plus, one of the employees was giving my the stink eye for getting out of car and taking a picture. But this tells me they are going to push HARD for EoQ if there is 8 or 9 on that lot. One matched my order too, so hoping to get a VIN.
Also, ebony is a darker brown wood. The pictures we saw must have been bad light. I was CF or digitally and switched for earlier delivery. After see wood trim it looks awesome. And the car looks 100% better in person, just like everyone is saying.
Were any of these Long Rang?

Tesla has taken much of the excitement out of getting the car due to me waiting 5 months without a date or communication. I am ready to objectively look at it and realize it is not a perfect car and there will be things I will dislike. I am ok with it not being a perfect car - this wait has helped lower my expectations of Tesla and has grounded me more in reality.

I am now shopping a loaded up S7 that checks a lot of the boxes as well. Same price as the S and if the S does not work soon, I can go to that and will be just as happy. Not as fast - but fast enough.

Still blank as of this AM.
Love how you need to designate the Audi as 'loaded'. Seems the model S comes just one way, 'properly equipped.

So far, the only thing I dislike about the car is the Model 3-style interior door releases--miss the handles of my old S. I've given them time and I am sure I'll get used to them eventually, but meh.

** edit to make clear I'm referring to interior door release
Do they give haptic feedback? I thought it was a cool touch (pun intended) as it makes it more "futuristic." I bet the next MS won't even have a (touch) button 😂

• Funny
Good: my stilly hacked up python script has successfully prevented me from spending too much time on the forums and refreshing the reservation page.
Bad: having my optimism crushed when I come back here to catch up and see that exactly one car in the wild has 19" wheels.
And the older silver on those 19’s. Some like the silver and some like the new darker grey, who knows what we will get. I asked SA and she guessed new dark grey but seeing that one who knows, maybe they should ask but that would involve communication.

still blank.

I believe they load the trailer with the protected warp car in the front to prevent damage