Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Welp, count me in the same camp as Hayseed_MS.

Had a VIN assigned on Saturday, then an appointment for June 30th assign on Sunday morning. Sunday afternoon the VIN poofed and then yesterday they remove the appointment time and now my account says estimated delivery in August.

Good stuff. Hopefully August is just a placeholder while waiting for another VIN.
Gosh, how does this even happen? Are they counting on customers not seeing VIN assignments come through and then disappear? What's the process that takes place to make a decision to remove a car that was very clearly earmarked for a customer?

I wonder if Tesla's databases are using customer delivery tables as temp tables in their SQL queries to park and import data. That would explain the delivery date monkey madness. 🤣

I bought my S during the last refresh/hw2 rollout and that was super smooth sailing compared to this. No phantom VINs, a relativity short 8 week wait. This is a slow trickle of vehicles too.

What were they doing with the S line from Feb to May?

Has anyone connected with their SA who lost their VIN and get an explanation?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Just curious: has anyone had their Tesla long enough to remove/replace PPF they put on the car. I has see examples where the film actually removes some of the paint (not my car, unknown if it was a respray, was along the edge of the hood, seemed than the paint coverage was thin on the edges). I love my Model S but in 20 years I have not had a car with paint flaws like it has, and that includes a Kia and 2 Chevy’s. I decided to go with a ceramic, knowing it offers virtually no rock chip protection.

I test drove an S7 way back in April once the Model S delay was officially announced (ish).

You gotta do what you gotta do, but I will say after owning a Model 3 and driving a P85D Model S - I left the S7 test drive extremely disappointed. Once you don't have to hear the exhaust or feel the delayed shifts, you can't go back.

But, you gotta do what you gotta do. Tesla has been ridiculous with this process. Pretty inexcusable.

While crazy to say, I think we are 6-8 weeks from a VIN and each week production will get better and faster.
Wow, Tigers...you're slipping. Nothing crazy about that response of yours; all quite practical and true. 😜 👍

I was supposed to get mine today but delivery delayed. Apparently not quite across the country yet. They gave me a date for Thursday but just told me delivery will be late because they are replacing the wheels with the new ones! . So I have to wait a few days
Yeah my buddy at the SC said they can’t deliver this one until they get the correct wheels so I guess the silver wheels are an “oops”

I bought my S during the last refresh/hw2 rollout and that was super smooth sailing compared to this. No phantom VINs, a relativity short 8 week wait. This is a slow trickle of vehicles too.

What were they doing with the S line from Feb to May?

Has anyone connected with their SA who lost their VIN and get an explanation?

They were almost certainly waiting on parts. If you don't follow, the entire autmotive industry is in a bit of a crisis right now due to chip shortages. Most domestic automakers have had to shut down, inventory is super low, cars are shipping without parts and features, etc. It's kind of a really crappy time to be selling cars, much less a heavily overhauled one.

5 new plaid just arrived in Fort Myers, Fl

View attachment 676318
Any idea if the white one (with white interior) has CF interior trim? Just curious since that's my build but my SC's Mgr & our RM are basically saying there's no match to my build yet and my Tesla account has been blank (no est delivery) for weeks. No explanations, no updates, no info. Thanks.

Here in San Diego, home delivery has never been available for me, so it defaults to Carlsbad delivery center. Were you able to pick home delivery as an option?
Yes, they offered home delivery in November for our 2021 Model X. They drive it to your home with someone following. I declined and went to pick it up in person in Carlsbad. Good thing, because it needed some cleaning and they also had to replace a window seal that was allowing a lot of road noise into the cabin.

Mobile service always shows not available in my area as well, but when I've set an appointment, they have changed it to mobile service. Not too long ago, Tesla towed my Model 3 back to my home after getting a flat tire on the freeway. Mobile service came the next morning and replaced it in the driveway. I never even had to open the door to say hello. The whole transaction was handled electronically.

Bottom line, they will deliver to you if you ask.