Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ya I’ll get some forgeline and put the $4500 saved towards them. Will be considerably lighter, albeit prob $10k lol.
http://www.lolachampcar.com/images/P85D/DSC03605.JPG. Nurburgrings at about $275 each when I bought them. I think they are in the $500 range these days. These were 10 lbs lighter (each) when compared to Tesla's previous 21s. I have not weighted the Plaid 21s but I can not imagine Tesla has gone over the fence for forged rims.

Rims and tires for less than what Tesla wants for their 21s. It also leaves me brandy new 19s when it comes time to sell. There was also a much larger choice of rubber when I did the 20s. It is good to see Tesla finally considering something like the Pilot Sport series. They are quiet when they slip, have good grip and wear reasonably well.

GUYS... Just found what is probably the first 60-130 Plaid video on YouTube!😱
Ok
This is what I'm talking about.
For anyone on the fence, NOTHING does this. Literally nothing.
There may be some ICE out there that pull this hard 60-130 but nothing short of a 1600 lb 940 hp ChampCar in gear, on song and hot tires can respond to a throttle stab like this. Nothing!

It's like having a plane with some real power. You are no longer limited to left/right. Up/down is now a viable option for handling a situation. In the case of Plaid cruising along at 60 mph, acceleration is now a real viable option for handling a situation.

I'm excited!!!

I know this has been discussed before but not sure if there was a consensus on it…perhaps you know for sure…are the 21” arachnid wheels for the refresh MS lightweight forged wheels?

One of my previous vehicles (I refuse to say which one since I’ll get some TMC members telling me to ‘drink’ lol 😜) had lightweight black 20” forged Rays wheels that came as std oem from the factory for the Black Ed. They were quite the bomb! 😎

Unfortunately they are not according to some inside sources.

No one has ben able to confirm they are cast vs forged. Just speculation at this point. If they are he 200mph wheels, I think they will be forged. Just another speculation.

The good news is that my push notifications from Home Assistant + that script work properly, and even woke me up!
The bad news is that "5YJEpCDy2FSlhDHhZVo5N5RBAwe8qF" isn't a VIN, it was just part of a CSRF token.

C'est la vie. At least I can go about my normal workday knowing that sometime this year an accurate alert will probably come my way.