Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, glad to see some movement. For those that are likely July/August, anyone else concerned we are getting the misfits from the holding lot???? Seems as though everything being loaded now is coming straight off the line. Not so sure i want the one that was sitting for a couple months waiting on random parts.

To be clear, i will take it......AND... was many blank, august, blank iterations..... went to Blank this morning
I have a fantastic detail guy. They can give it to me covered in mud and my guy will have it showroom ready when he is done with it!

So cool to see all the VINS coming in.

Are there any non-rendered photos of the Model S (plaid or otherwise) with the standard 19" wheels? It seems like every photo has the 21" Arachnids -- and it seems like all the orders here have those too.
Here are some taken today:

Last edited:
Sidestepping the red brake caliper commentary for those pictures -- are those even the right color? Everything that shows online is a much darker grey, and those 19" Tempest wheels look like silver to me.

1624325752986-png.676065

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
No one has actually seen the dark-Tempest wheels yet in person.
I guess that's where I was headed with this -- I wonder if Plaid buyers (who are first in line for deliveries) have priority based on the type of wheel they choose. It could be another reason we haven't seen regular LR cars in the flesh yet too, if the buyer selected the regular wheels.

19" Wheel Bottleneck Conspiracy!

No one has actually seen the dark-Tempest wheels yet in person.
Some say that if you stand where the pre-refresh Model S cars once numbered in the hundreds in old Fremont town, you can still hear Silver Tempest wheels whispering through the air like so many small metal ghosts. That was before the reign of the Grey Tempest, when the entire factory at Fremont slowed as if every regenerative brake in the world was engaged simultaneously. And the people, they waited the long wait.

Last edited:
Some say that if you stand where the pre-refresh Model S cars once numbered in the hundreds in old Fremont town, you can still hear Silver Tempest wheels whispering through the air like so many small metal ghosts. Then came the reign of the Grey Tempest, and the entire factory at Fremont slowed as if every regenerative brake in the world was engaged simultaneously. And the people, they waited the long wait.
🤣🤣🤣

• Love
Reactions: rhuber
Thanks Omar. Any suggestions? My previous cars came with them.
They typically sell them in the Tesla store, but I think they might be sold out. TBH, since I lost the magic socket to a set of locking nuts a few years back and, after a quick web search, found out how easy they are to remove, I don't really bother any more.