Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Vroom quoted me $42K 3 weeks ago for my 2018 AWD LR. Made an appointment at Carmax in Norwood MA and spent the two hours to get the same exact number from them this weekend. From what I can tell from message board samples and my experience Vroom seems much more aggressive than anyone else so if you're happy with the number you might want to save the trip.

Of course what I worry about more is - what will prices be in Julaugtembertober when my car is certain to be delivered...
I tried vroom due the fact it was suggested here a few days ago. Surprisingly my Tesla trade-in is 5k higher. That is for a 2020 MYP with about 10k miles on it. Vroom offered 50k, Tesla 55k. Tesla started at 49k in March and it has been going up every month so far.

Received a very welcome e-mail last night. Order date 2/17 reservation #1145. Expected delivery kept changing between blank and August. Now I have a Vin an expected delivery date of 6/26-6/30. Just called Tesla to speak with an SA regarding delivery scheduling and was told that I would receive a text message when the car is close to being delivered. Right now it is in transit and expected to delivery early next week. With that said, I made final payment and would assume they will try to have me take delivery before end of month which I will be happy to do. Delivery is in NY, so a little surprised but very pleased to get delivery as soon as I am. Configuration is LR Black with Cream interior and 21” arachnids.
damn, same rn as you and a little sooner order date. lr black cream fsd but no 21's. I now believe the 19s are what is holding it back. congrats though!

Time for a quick break from delivery anxiety. Do you know why all the Ford’s Model T’s were black? Was not because it was the least expensive.

It dried the fastest

Even in the beginning paint was a big part of delivering cars. I do wonder what it is with Tesla’s paint, did they keep all the old paint equipment in Fremont left over from the 1980’s when it was NUMMI???

Any VIN's assigned today? - called in and they confirmed because I am Plaid delivery is not unlikely in June (still showing as estimated delivery date).
Pearl White, White Interior, Walnut Trim, 21 in wheels - he said I would need the VIN assigned in the next 2 days to realistically get it in June.

Just waiting for the Vin to be assigned now

Welcome to Tesla!

Buying a new/redesigned model Tesla is like buying a custom sofa. The sales guy may quote you a date, but there's no expectation the factory's gonna honor it. You get your sofa when you get your sofa.
Confirmed. :D Been waiting for furniture longer than for Tesla. Probably stuck on the Suez canal. All supply chain is effed up. My furniture is probably next to the container with CF trim. Guaranteed. Enough for now. Back to refreshing the order page. Is today the day of VIN?

Received a very welcome e-mail last night. Order date 2/17 reservation #1145. Expected delivery kept changing between blank and August. Now I have a Vin an expected delivery date of 6/26-6/30. Just called Tesla to speak with an SA regarding delivery scheduling and was told that I would receive a text message when the car is close to being delivered. Right now it is in transit and expected to delivery early next week. With that said, I made final payment and would assume they will try to have me take delivery before end of month which I will be happy to do. Delivery is in NY, so a little surprised but very pleased to get delivery as soon as I am. Configuration is LR Black with Cream interior and 21” arachnids.
Nice one, which service center are you at?

Any VIN's assigned today? - called in and they confirmed because I am Plaid delivery is not unlikely in June (still showing as estimated delivery date).
Pearl White, White Interior, Walnut Trim, 21 in wheels - he said I would need the VIN assigned in the next 2 days to realistically get it in June.

Just waiting for the Vin to be assigned now
So what you are saying is, there is a chance? Hah

Time for a quick break from delivery anxiety. Do you know why all the Ford’s Model T’s were black? Was not because it was the least expensive.

It dried the fastest

Even in the beginning paint was a big part of delivering cars. I do wonder what it is with Tesla’s paint, did they keep all the old paint equipment in Fremont left over from the 1980’s when it was NUMMI???
Any color you want as long as it's black
plaid/wood 😉

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Has anyone in SE Florida... So wpb, Dania, miami taken delivery or been given a VIN yet?
There are MS Plaids here now at local S FL SC’s but perhaps they’re for non-TMC members so we wouldn’t know if those customers have their VINs and/or if any have taken delivery yet. I do know that our RM has me on their “priority build” list but that doesn’t mean much since it appears white cars with white/cf interior are not being built in Fremont until July for earliest Aug deliveries.

I urged the RM to see if they can get some cars with my color combo/configuration built because it’s obvious that they do indeed have white seats and carbon fiber interior trim which have been seen in delivered vehicles with other exterior paint colors. I’m sorry but the way Tesla builds cars and delivers them is so F’d up!!! 🤬

Reactions: HumanInput