Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Happy plaid owner now:)

Attachments

• 254EA14F-1037-430A-B9B4-7BA3DB35225D.jpeg
    254EA14F-1037-430A-B9B4-7BA3DB35225D.jpeg
    509.8 KB · Views: 103
i agree with you, Mass roads are really poor. Did you order through Dedham? That is my closest SA, take route 2 and it is in pretty bad condition in western ma.
No, I live in the North Shore area so I'm taking delivery at the new North Shore Mall location. My SA (or whatever he is) gave me a call once, around 6 months ago. That's the only reaching out that has happened in either direction, because at least on my end, all the info that's to be had can be found right here.

Picked my MSM/Ebony Plaid this afternoon at the Dedham, Massachusetts SC. It was a great experience. The crew there was thrilled to be delivering what they said was the second Plaid in Massachusetts to date.

As far as the car itself goes, it’s really quite special. The acceleration is like nothing I have ever experienced. The fit and finish is very impressive. Sound system really is tops. Ride quality is great and the cabin is tight and quiet. The yoke will take some adjustment, but a day or two should do it. The wood is dark and quite nice - definitely darker than walnut. Will take it out for a ride with the fam this eve, and then tomorrow it goes in for paint correction, PPF, ceramic on the wheels and tint. And then I will lose hours playing around with every setting and feature. :)

I’d had different models on order at various points in the last several months — including an MS LR (canceled) and an MX LR (about to be canceled). I ordered the Plaid shortly after the launch event, and really, amazingly, lucked out with my order matching up well to however they are allocating cars to regions. It was 11 days from order to delivery — I know I am extremely fortunate there, and frankly I feel badly about how this order played out in light of all the waiting, uncertainty, and chaos folks here have endured for a long long time. That said, hopefully I get a little credibility for having been in the order queue in some way, shape or form since the winter. And at the end of the day, I am confident that the wait — while brutal — is worth it.

Of course, here are some pics.

Attachments

• B4987288-3163-4F2C-AAFE-44E501AB3BA8.jpeg
    B4987288-3163-4F2C-AAFE-44E501AB3BA8.jpeg
    556.4 KB · Views: 80
  • 106322D9-BF4D-44D1-92CA-50CED0BB4BA7.jpeg
    106322D9-BF4D-44D1-92CA-50CED0BB4BA7.jpeg
    516.4 KB · Views: 84
  • 4E18801F-1782-4C73-95BF-137CFF1CE2AD.jpeg
    4E18801F-1782-4C73-95BF-137CFF1CE2AD.jpeg
    532.2 KB · Views: 78
  • 4B882462-D515-497A-8761-1C9F7698583A.jpeg
    4B882462-D515-497A-8761-1C9F7698583A.jpeg
    507.3 KB · Views: 78
  • 8557CD90-DECB-4A01-AD8F-D73676D2177E.jpeg
    8557CD90-DECB-4A01-AD8F-D73676D2177E.jpeg
    412.7 KB · Views: 76
  • 9BCDF10B-A7B9-4328-9307-4A8820FBD0FB.jpeg
    9BCDF10B-A7B9-4328-9307-4A8820FBD0FB.jpeg
    732.7 KB · Views: 78
First time poster here. Found this site a few days ago and have been reading through all of this. I purchased a model Y for my GF about 2 months ago and decided to place an order for a Plaid Model S after I fell in love with the Tesla feel. I sold my AMG GTS 2 weeks ago because I thought that the delivery window in my account of 6-21 to 6-31 was legit. This morning my delivery just disappeared and its blank. I was never contacted by a service advisor. I have finished all the steps as well, just waiting on a delivery window.

Long story short I called them directly and got someone on the phone to look at my account. She told me that the soonest I would see my Black on Black(carbon) with 21" arachnids was September.....like getting hit in the gut....uggghh...

I ordered at the end of May, the configurator stated that I would see a June delivery. She stated that meant they would start delivering in June, didn't mean my car. I guess I better get familiar with Uber. I would cancel and buy something else, but let's be honest, what competes with this car!?

Picked my MSM/Ebony Plaid this afternoon at the Dedham, Massachusetts SC. It was a great experience. The crew there was thrilled to be delivering what they said was the second Plaid in Massachusetts to date.As far as the car itself goes, it’s really quite special. The acceleration is like nothing I have ever experienced. The fit and finish is very impressive. Sound system really is tops. Ride quality is great and the cabin is tight and quiet. The yoke will take some adjustment, but a day or two should do it. The wood is dark and quite nice - definitely darker than walnut. Will take it out for a ride with the fam this eve, and then tomorrow it goes in for paint correction, PPF, ceramic on the wheels and tint. And then I will lose hours playing around with every setting and feature. :)

I’d had different models on order at various points in the last several months — including an MS LR (canceled) and an MX LR (about to be canceled). I ordered the Plaid shortly after the launch event, and really, amazingly, lucked out with my order matching up well to however they are allocating cars to regions. It was 11 days from order to delivery — I know I am extremely fortunate there, and frankly I feel badly about how this order played out in light of all the waiting, uncertainty, and chaos folks here have endured for a long long time. That said, hopefully I get a little credibility for having been in the order queue in some way, shape or form since the winter. And at the end of the day, I am confident that the wait — while brutal — is worth it.

Of course, here are some pics.
That's fun they put a little bow on it for you haha

Hi Any Plaid S RN holder seeing any Destination fee ?

I see a "Destination Fee" of $1,125.00 regardless of being in Bay area. The Delivery center is not even 20 miles from the factory.

Or is destination fee something totally different and I am confusing it with Delivery fee ?
The destination fee is federally mandated to be the same for everyone buying a new vehicle regardless of how far the vehicle has to be shipped or how much it costs. (So things are equal and you don't get a $0 fee while someone in Hawaii gets charged $4,000.)

Anyone in Utah had a delivery? I was hoping proximity to Freemont was in my favor
Proximity to Fremont? I am sorry but proximity is something you would call when you are within a drivable radius. Utah seems to be a 1000 mile away lol
I live in Santa Clara, which is about 20 miles away and if I say I am in close proximity, the folks in Milpitas would get angry :p