Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good news for anyone waiting for a LR white/black with 19s, you just moved up one place in line.

I canceled my S order yesterday and will be taking delivery of an M3P this weekend. I'm doing this because of the yoke but not because I don't think it (sorta) works or that I wouldn't get used to it. I just think the dust won't settle on it for awhile and something might change. They might offer a round wheel (which would help with buy in from my wife), or they might change the ratio. Who knows.

Some have said I should wait and at least test drive one. But the thing is--A, a test drive for 10-20 minutes won't be long enough for me to know how I am with it, and B, I trust the reports of others who currently have the car and are adjusting. Based on their reports, I believe I would adjust and be something I can live with. I'm just hedging the decision to buy on a bet the yoke will improve.

I figure I'll enjoy the 3 for a year or two and then circle back around. By then it will either be a non-issue or it will have been modified. I just can't pull the trigger right now with the nagging concern something will change to make it better.

I owned a 2015 S85 for 3 years and then got a RWD LR3 in 2018. I liked the S but got the 3 because I like nimble cars and thought the tech might be a little more advanced. Other than the crappy sound proofing I enjoyed the 3 but always wished I'd gotten the performance. This past week I test drove a new one and it's more than good enough for the interim. Plus, they seem to have improved on the sound proofing.

The thing about Tesla is that it rarely hurts to wait if you can stand it because they continue to improve the cars (the yoke issue notwithstanding). But I fully anticipate jonesing for an S in less than a year, if not in months, but that's future me's problem. This thread has been a source of daily amusement and I've appreciated it. Enjoy your new rides!

In 24 hours:
Yesterday morning- no hope, despair, never getting a car.
Switched to 21s and got a VIN 8 hours later.
Delivery range was listed as June 30-July3.
Text this morning to set up delivery appointment. Picking up 6/27.
1624570338196.gif

In 24 hours:
Yesterday morning- no hope, despair, never getting a car.
Switched to 21s and got a VIN 8 hours later.
Delivery range was listed as June 30-July3.
Text this morning to set up delivery appointment. Picking up 6/27.
View attachment 677319
Congrats... now that I think about it, I’d do it as well. I’d just sell the 21s for 20”s

Just got my VIN and Scheduled for Delivery Monday 10 AM - hasn't left factory yet so hopefully it gets here. White on White with Walnut trim and 21" Wheels.

I will say I never got email or text of VIN - I had to look in the portal to see it. I called as I wasn't getting text or option to schedule delivery, when I called they said the system will text when its leaving factory, I hung up and magically got the text.
Definitely want to see pics of this color combo :)

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Okay, now have a delivery day, Monday the 28th at 12:00 noon in Atlanta, but still no trade offer.
Charlotte SC had delivered 3 plaids (black, blue and MSM)

There are four LRs on the lot, all MSM with black interior and 21s. All waiting pickup.

No red or white at Charlotte yet.
Dang. My Plaid is still in Fremont rail station. Was hoping for some