Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does the sound system get loud and clear enough? I don’t mind not having a too much bass buy in the Y I got my parents it did not seem to get loud enough without sounding like it was clipping.
Honestly I am kind of picky when it comes to sound quality. The m3p has been the only system I have been fine with stock. It does not clip and it will go very very loud without distorting but it does hurt your ears with its raw power. I just want for throw and to feel the music a bit more. I am not sure if it is quite a clean and the 3p, but I may just be finicky with turning it up so loud I hear the bass more.

Is the screen in the back seat at a height/angle to be comfortably usable? It seems a bit gimmicky since I can't imagine staring down at it for long periods of time.
I don’t even know if I can play Netflix while driving yet and maybe it might start to hurt if you do but for 30 to 40 minutes charging it would be fine. I agree maybe gimmicky for long drives but I won’t know til Sunday.

Tesla texted me with good news and stated car is scheduled to be early and asked if I could pick it up on the 30th? I had plans but said sure. She said that it would be ready as early as the 29th and I said that works better. So now delivery is Tuesday. She stated the car's birthdate was June 8th which I am ok.
Yayyy!! Congrats!!!

Honestly I am kind of picky when it comes to sound quality. The m3p has been the only system I have been fine with stock. It does not clip and it will go very very loud without distorting but it does hurt your ears with its raw power. I just want for throw and to feel the music a bit more. I am not sure if it is quite a clean and the 3p, but I may just be finicky with turning it up so loud I hear the bass more.
I'm picky and like bass too and wasn't impressed with the Y when I did the test drive. I have always had Mark Levinson in my Lexus vehicles and found them good. Any comparisons you can give to Mark Levinson by chance? Thanks for this info btw!

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
2nd time poster, long time lurker! Wanted to share on Wednesday I got vin + delivery date of july 4-7, then yesterday evening it got changed to June 27-29 (which is great).

I have a few questions for the seasoned tesla pros:

1. Can I schedule delivery without completing final payment? (I've searched old posts, and it seems that depending on where you pick it up and where you get, personal checks may work?) Do people think it's worth holding onto final payment till i pre-inspect it? I'm picking up in Fremont.

2. How do people get contacted for delivery? Is it phone or email? I didn't work with an SA at all.

Thanks everyone in advance!

Hi everyone. Been following for a few months, first time poster. 1st time Tesla buyer, excited to say the least.

I ordered the 19" Tempest wheels because Chicago winters are brutal with potholes. Since my initial delivery estimate was March I worked with a local Tesla certified bodyshop to order aftermarket wheels from Vossen. The wheels were ordered through the body shop which I have paid for. Wheels are at the body shop, while I have no VIN and no car. From what I've seen so far on the forums, aftermarket wheels for the pre-refresh Model S will not fit the refresh LR, correct? I have reached out to the bodyshop and gave them the manual. They think the wheels may fit as long as the bolt configuration has not changed, but they aren't 100% sure either.

If not, hoping the vendor will accept an exchange and not leave me with wheels I can't use.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

MS LR Order 2/10/21. Black/Black | 19" wheels | FSD Yes | EDD Blank for weeks

If you dig around a bit, you'll see where for the 21" wheels for pre-refresh, the width and offset appears to be slightly different from the optional Arachnids for the refresh S. Wheel and tire sizes are wider for the refresh. Pre refresh 21" wheels and tires Still may fit? I've not read about anyone actually confirming anything yet other than those size differences

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Ok, again, got the VIN last night at 8:30pm PDT. Picking up Wed at noon in Portland. Can't wait.

I received a text message 15m ago with a link to schedule the pickup. The web-based system that I was using to schedule the pickup only had two days available for pickup that wouldn't work for me. When I called, they were able to fit me oon Wed, last day of the quarter. :) He did mention I couldn't pick it up sooner than Sunday because my car was still being loaded on the truck in Fremont. I'll look for it if @gabeincal posts another flyover in the next 24 hrs!

Man this has been rough for me, got assigned a VIN last Saturday and had it taken away from me, got another VIN on Wednesday and scheduled a delivery this time, got that taken away Thursday afternoon.

Configuration is a Blue Plaid with 21" Black interior with wood. I don't know how much more I can take of this.
Thats nuts... in my state no insurance quote or lending letter without VIN... redoing it can cause a total sugarshow in tying all the threads together!

Is the screen in the back seat at a height/angle to be comfortably usable? It seems a bit gimmicky since I can't imagine staring down at it for long periods of time.
when my daughters were little? road trips looking down at gameboys too long and they'd get nauseous. I ended up doing custom monitors in the back of the front headrests for them and reminding them to look out of the window for a quick glance every few minutes. Those two things ended the bouts of nausea. But I can imagine looking down at that screen for long periods while the car is in motion? That might be a issue for some..

I don’t even know if I can play Netflix while driving yet and maybe it might start to hurt if you do but for 30 to 40 minutes charging it would be fine. I agree maybe gimmicky for long drives but I won’t know til Sunday.
You can watch netflix while driving on the rear display. And a menu becomes accessible by pressing between the up and down volume on the main screen. This menu lets you choose to play the audio from "Theater" throughout the cabin.