Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All depends on how many benjamins you currently have? I DID say you needed more to purchase these alternatives?
But it’s not an alternative. Agreed the Taycan Turbo S is comparable to a MS LR in performance, but half the range and no supercharger network. So even if you flush more than a thousand extra Benjamins down the Porsche toilet, you really aren’t getting anything comparable.

Longtime lurker, first post. Ordered Feb 5 - MSM, Arachnids, White, CF, no FSD. I'm really hoping the car comes before September (the month given for new orders as of today) given that my order was relatively early. I'm so confused by the apparent CF shortage, and why they can't produce a few hundred cars at least, given that there is CF in other Tesla models. I sold my Model X in March, expecting delivery at latest by then, and have been renting Teslas on Turo in the meantime. Getting expensive. But it will all be worth it once delivery occurs.

2nd time poster, long time lurker! Wanted to share on Wednesday I got vin + delivery date of july 4-7, then yesterday evening it got changed to June 27-29 (which is great).

I have a few questions for the seasoned tesla pros:

1. Can I schedule delivery without completing final payment? (I've searched old posts, and it seems that depending on where you pick it up and where you get, personal checks may work?) Do people think it's worth holding onto final payment till i pre-inspect it? I'm picking up in Fremont.

2. How do people get contacted for delivery? Is it phone or email? I didn't work with an SA at all.

Thanks everyone in advance!
Asking for a bay area resident. Can you share if you ordered LR or Plaid, specs and order date?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
For my fellow long-suffering carbon fiber-loving order hodlers out there, boy have I stumbled upon something truly amazing. I, single-handedly, have solved the carbon fiber shortage. I can't get into the details too much, as I don't want to give away my trade secrets, but trust me, I have hit the mother lode with this secret stockpile of mine. Enjoy your carbon fiber-laden interiors my friends...you're welcome, glad I could help.

Screen Shot 2021-06-25 at 1.27.40 PM.png

Looks like we have ~30 VINs assigned out of 285 orders tracked, so a little over 10%--lots of folks still waiting, but glad to see the progress :)

Probably also fair that maybe 10% of the people who filled out that spreadsheet never come back to it.

Called Tesla for the 5th day in a row about changing my plaid from 19s to 21s told them if I knew it was going to be delayed till august and now the site says they only reduce 30 miles range instead of 50 I would have picked the 21 they replied with that any change will update me to the new price bookend there’s nothing they can do
I think the difference in miles was always 42 miles. It hasn't changed.

Hi everyone. Been following for a few months, first time poster. 1st time Tesla buyer, excited to say the least.

I ordered the 19" Tempest wheels because Chicago winters are brutal with potholes. Since my initial delivery estimate was March I worked with a local Tesla certified bodyshop to order aftermarket wheels from Vossen. The wheels were ordered through the body shop which I have paid for. Wheels are at the body shop, while I have no VIN and no car. From what I've seen so far on the forums, aftermarket wheels for the pre-refresh Model S will not fit the refresh LR, correct? I have reached out to the bodyshop and gave them the manual. They think the wheels may fit as long as the bolt configuration has not changed, but they aren't 100% sure either.

If not, hoping the vendor will accept an exchange and not leave me with wheels I can't use.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

MS LR Order 2/10/21. Black/Black | 19" wheels | FSD Yes | EDD Blank for weeks
The bolt configuration hasn't changed. However, the wheels are wider on the refresh; both the 19s and 20s come with F9.5" and R10.5". The prior S had 8" or 8.5" all around for the 19s and the 21s" were F8.5" R9". They might fit on the car but I have to believe there's a good reason Tesla widened the wheels. Plus if you decided to try the wheels from the prior S, you'd have to use spacers.

Yes. My Plaid is supposed to be delivered to my home on Monday. Not sure why they are doing that. It's just as easy for me to leave work and go the SC as it is to go home.

When it comes to delivery, i thought when i ordered, I chose to go pick it up in Fremont. I'm wondering how do they delivery, i was hoping to put the first few miles on public roads myself, I think they drive it over and not flatbed right?

Really?!! I like the stock photos from the internet! Wrong screen!

That Ebay listing is total BS. The person selling the car (buy-it-now $225K) joined Ebay (0 transactions) on June 22, 2021. Staring bid at $160k lmao.
Looks super sketch.....
And the pic is the MSM Plaid sitting in the parking lot about a month ago.

I landed a unicorn! Busy work day for me, but pretty crazy update:

I had previously been matched to a Plaid Black/Black/Wood/21" on the way, but because I'm the persistent type, I kept calling around to see if stores in in Illinois had the exact configuration I was looking for. Just today a store near Chicago had a Plaid Black/White/Wood/21" up for grabs because the person who ordered it will be overseas next week and cannot take delivery before EOQ.

They pinged and the car was near Salt Lake City, destined for delivery on the 28th. More excited than ever now!