Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So those of you that DO have VIN's... Did everyone get a text/email prior to seeing said VIN or did you just randomly check and get it? Just want to know so my brain doesnt continue oozing out my ears.
I did not get any messages beforehand. In fact I made the mistake of checking at 3am on my account when I got up to use the bathroom and after seeing that I couldn't get back to sleep. I got the SMS/email to schedule delivery maybe 8 hours later.

Yup. Just looked up the medical exemption. Even if I get a doctor to sign and notarize the form, the DMV then determines how much tint they will allow. This state has the dumbest residents in the country. Just moved here a few years ago and I am still finding new stupid laws to protect the stupid people all the time. For instance, we can't use the auto fill function on gas pumps. State law has the metal tabs removed from all the pumps. SOooo much fun having to hold the gas pump for a few minutes in freezing temps, because the state has determined the auto fill function of the handle is too dangerous..
Tesla has a fix for that one :)

That looks like 20%, looks great. Picking up my car Wednesday and dropping it off Thursday for full XPEL PPF with ceramic coating and crystalline window tint. I like 35-40%, live in NY and get what everyone is saying but its highly unlikely that I will ever get pulled over for it and if I do, I will smile and pay the ticket. If I keep getting tickets I will have the tint removed but highly unlikely. My last car was a BMW and I never put a front plate on it. No problem until one day a bored airport cop decided to cit me. I took a picture of the plate on the front of my car, showed the judge and ticket dismissed. Removed the double sided tape holding the plate for the picture and never had a problem again. Bigger problems in this world than window tinters.

Window tinting is a gateway crime...

Window tinting is a gateway crime...
Honestly, I think it is just a way to help police the poor. If it was truly a safety issue, RI wouldn't have an exception to the rule for all federal, state, and local law enforcement, allowing them to drive around in their militarized limo tinted vehicles.

Thank you SO much for the info. I'll just wait until next year when they hopefully will introduce it with the 4680 batteries.
That’s what I’m thinking too. When I parked my 2020 LR+ to same color plaid yesterday, I actually like mine better at least from the outside. All these new changes are great, but, to me they are incremental in nature. And after looking at the car up close, I don’t think I would like the yoke and don’t see any real benefit over the old wheel. I do have FUSC and free premium connectivity on mine and I supercharge a lot since Tesla opened an urban supercharger right next to my office parking deck.
If there’s anyone here who is going to the refresh from 2020 S, I would love to hear your feedback.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Honestly, I think it is just a way to help police the poor. If it was truly a safety issue, RI wouldn't have an exception to the rule for all federal, state, and local law enforcement, allowing them to drive around in their militarized limo tinted vehicles.

Not arguing for or against the tint laws but itis not discriminatory or targeting poor. It is for identifying occupants and law enforcement safety walking up to a vehicle at night.

Not arguing for or against the tint laws but itis not discriminatory or targeting poor. It is for identifying occupants and law enforcement safety walking up to a vehicle at night.
If I am driving a van with no back windows, they cannot see what is inside my vehicle. If I am driving a sedan with back seats, all of the sudden I have to keep the windows clear of tint. They clearly state the law is for safe visibility for the driver. If that is the reason, police should not have tinted windows either, which means they are lying about the reason for the law. They should also ban all vehicles without back windows, for safety. Time to shut down U-haul rentals. 🤣

That looks like 20%, looks great. Picking up my car Wednesday and dropping it off Thursday for full XPEL PPF with ceramic coating and crystalline window tint. I like 35-40%, live in NY and get what everyone is saying but its highly unlikely that I will ever get pulled over for it and if I do, I will smile and pay the ticket. If I keep getting tickets I will have the tint removed but highly unlikely. My last car was a BMW and I never put a front plate on it. No problem until one day a bored airport cop decided to cit me. I took a picture of the plate on the front of my car, showed the judge and ticket dismissed. Removed the double sided tape holding the plate for the picture and never had a problem again. Bigger problems in this world than window tinters.
I assume you ordered with 21s ? Also in NY and apparently the 19s are the only thing holding me up..

After hearing that 19"'s likely wouldn't be available until August I went ahead and accepted Arachnids and Blue over MSM, need to adjust my signature. Good news is that my trade in increased by $4,500 so free tires, yay! Also was able to verify my $2,000 pre-refresh discount would be honored. Got a VIN and should get the car next week. I have been agonizing and speculating with you gents since February. I feel bad for the ones still waiting and I celebrate everyone's VIN. Thank you all for getting me through the last 4 months. My first Tesla and I am pumped to have something to plug that January charger into. Have a nice weekend, I will still check here but no more refreshing my Tesla account.