Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I will say that afaict most of the 25 first deliveries were not "influencers", though. That actually kinda surprised me. I know we have a couple of those folks here, and a few of the others had social media profiles that are semi popular, but I was genuinely surprised Tesla didn't prioritize any YouTubers for the first batch.

Edit: It might be because Tesla is hiding from the influencers who they owe like 50 roadsters.
They might have been trying to control demand while they get production ramped up. No point in making people want something that they can't get yet.

I saw that too but P Zero comes in both a Summer and an All-season. Not sure which one this is
I think it’s this one.
Edit: The tire in the Tesla pic due to the 104Y appears to be a summer tire. The 104Y on tire rack matches with summer

Attachments

• D236AB4F-C925-4E4F-B43F-5F710B584B1E.png
    D236AB4F-C925-4E4F-B43F-5F710B584B1E.png
    594 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
It’s probably more related to one word: influencers.
Tesla knows about these YouTube guys and is definitely prioritizing them.

Two more words for ya: free marketing.
Not that I’m complaining, mind you.. I like the reviews from some of these people.

Hopefully we’ll get someone to do proper track testing though, not just straight line quarter-mile runs.
I really want to know (1) how the car handles on various corners, and (2) how well the new cooling system actually works at keeping the battery at non-power limiting temps.
Everyone, including race car driver, Randy Pobst, has already said that the refresh Model S Plaid handles quite well, on par with some of the best. Case in point... Tesla Model S: Unofficial Laguna Seca Lap Record With Video

Ok I happen to have a big smile on my face. My OA (operations advisor) just called and asked:
Would you be available on Sunday for a home delivery of your new Model S?

I didn’t have to think much and said “Hell Yes”. He said great we will deliver it between 9 and 6 on Sunday.
I am so excited. My new LR is being delivered to my home on Sunday.

• woo-hoo!

Attachments

• D10E4C44-497B-4C51-86FB-889CDF081958.jpeg
    D10E4C44-497B-4C51-86FB-889CDF081958.jpeg
    129.8 KB · Views: 52
I think it’s this one.
Edit: The tire in the Tesla pic due to the 104Y appears to be a summer tire. The 104Y on tire rack matches with summer
Interesting--typically they have put the more sensible tires on the 19s (all-season, lower rolling resistance) and the party tires on the 21s (summer performance).

Honestly, I think it is just a way to help police the poor. If it was truly a safety issue, RI wouldn't have an exception to the rule for all federal, state, and local law enforcement, allowing them to drive around in their militarized limo tinted vehicles.
From someone with previous law enforcement experience, it’s a good way to get shot. Drop your windows if you get pulled over so the LEO has a clear view of the inside of your car, front and back seats. Just sayin’…

From someone with previous law enforcement experience, it’s a good way to get shot. Drop your windows if you get pulled over so the LEO has a clear view of the inside of your car, front and back seats. Just sayin’…
Then make a law that requires windows down when pulled over. Simple. If people won't roll down their windows, they will ignore the tint law anyhow. As someone who spent most of my adult life in the Arizona sun, I will ignore the stupid tint law too. Tinting my windows anyhow.

By the way, RI has exceptions for wealthy people that have drivers, limos, and several other categories. This is all about monitoring the behavior of the less fortunate and nothing to do with safety. I'm allowed to tint my motorcycle visor, and wear sunglasses while driving. Tint laws are a bunch of BS.