Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I highly doubt that the 19s are quicker out of the box. Otherwise Tesla would have made sure to use those with MotorTrend, and to deliver those first. They're not going to give the slower car to the press.
Lol that’s a good point. Generally speaking, 19s would accelerate a little faster than 21s. The 21s look better and take turns better.

Ok I happen to have a big smile on my face. My OA (operations advisor) just called and asked:
Would you be available on Sunday for a home delivery of your new Model S?

I didn’t have to think much and said “Hell Yes”. He said great we will deliver it between 9 and 6 on Sunday.
I am so excited. My new LR is being delivered to my home on Sunday.

• woo-hoo!
Congrats!

Just returned home. 330 miles. Going to get out tomorrow and give it the run through. Mt Kisko delivery center. The SA have not had any time to really go over car and explain everything. Seems they can’t keep any on the lot. The Model S shows up and the buyer is already there to pick up. They delivered 75 vehicles today. It was wild.

I highly doubt that the 19s are quicker out of the box. Otherwise Tesla would have made sure to use those with MotorTrend, and to deliver those first. They're not going to give the slower car to the press.
This absolutely feels like a traction limited car, from all reports I've read so far with TC kicking in often.

Usually you see narrow skinny tires on the front of a drag car thats RWD, as any extra friction on the front wheels will hurt your rolling resistance. Not the case with AWD.

Just returned home. 330 miles. Going to get out tomorrow and give it the run through. Mt Kisko delivery center. The SA have not had any time to really go over car and explain everything. Seems they can’t keep any on the lot. The Model S shows up and the buyer is already there to pick up. They delivered 75 vehicles today. It was wild.
They delivered 75 Model S in NY in one day? Seems like they are filling orders randomly if so

Ok I happen to have a big smile on my face. My OA (operations advisor) just called and asked:
Would you be available on Sunday for a home delivery of your new Model S?

I didn’t have to think much and said “Hell Yes”. He said great we will deliver it between 9 and 6 on Sunday.
I am so excited. My new LR is being delivered to my home on Sunday.

• woo-hoo!
Your wife ordered you a model to put on your desk. The OA is in on it.

These EDD's are completely bogus. For the last week or so my Plaid orders have both been showing as June. My LR order has been blank for a month or two now and the blank order is the one that magically received a VIN tonight. I still have not received an email or anything about setting up a delivery date. The problem is I'm in NYC now, so it might be difficult to take delivery of my LR back in San Diego in the next few days, since I will be out of town for another 10 days or so.