Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That sounds more accurate. It’s the 1/4 mile trap speed I’m interested in. I’m going to buy a draggy now just to have one.
The trap speed is more interesting for sure... The Plaid with 19s will be limited to 163 mph for the foreseeable future, likely because of rpm. Unless the 19s have a larger sidewall to offset the smaller size, (and even still, because of their smaller width), they will affect the motor rpm. This is due to the fact that anytime you make an overall smaller/skinnier wheel, you effectively shorten the vehicle's gearing. This is why the 21s will be able to reach 200mph. It's not just due to the tires, it's most likely equally a result of higher rpm. For the 21s, it's just more simple, (and potentially safer), for Tesla to make that 200mph happen. For the 1/4 mile trap speed, the 19s would probably be around 150mph. Maybe running like a 9.3 on a dragstrip.🙂

The trap speed is more interesting for sure... The Plaid with 19s will be limited to 163 mph for the foreseeable future, likely because of rpm. Unless the 19s have a larger sidewall to offset the smaller size, (and even still, because of their smaller width), they will affect the motor rpm. This is due to the fact that anytime you make an overall smaller/skinnier wheel, you effectively shorten the vehicle's gearing. This is why the 21s will be able to reach 200mph. It's not just due to the tires, it's most likely equally a result of higher rpm. For the 21s, it's just more simple, (and potentially safer), for Tesla to make that 200mph happen. For the 1/4 mile trap speed, the 19s would probably be around 150mph. Maybe running like a 9.3 on a dragstrip.🙂
the 19s and 21s have the same rolling diameter and 19s do have a taller/larger sidewall vs the 21s (114mm vs 88.5mm)

this is for the rear tires 19" w/ 285/40/19, 21" w/ 295/30/21

screen shot from willtheyfit.com

1.jpg

Last edited:
I would think so. It doesn’t make sense to hold up a delivery for FSD. I understand they want to encourage FSD but they do want to deliver cars. Maybe if all paperwork is complete, they might want you to take it and pay for it to make the delivery. But I cant see them forcing it on you if you have changed your mind before delivery. Even if they just credit you back.
True, but as some point, the config of the car is baked--just because its SW does not mean it is any easier to removed from the config and the pricing.

After turning down early delivery if I changed from Carbon Fiber I just received a VIN for my Plaid, MSM, Arachnids, cream, carbon fiber. Glad I decided to hang in there. VIN-5YJSA1E68MF434—. Estimated delivery: June 27-30. Don’t know how I can transfer the money by then or what the VIN indicates but I’m kind of in shock And excited to say the least. At 75, I’m hoping my heart can handle the warp speed.

the 19s do have a taller side wall

the 19s and 21s have the same rolling diameter and 19s do have a taller/larger sidewall vs the 21s (114mm vs 88.5mm)

this is for the rear tires 19" w/ 285/40/19, 21" w/ 295/30/21

screen shot from willtheyfit.com

View attachment 677883
Well, glad to see this! Rpm should not be an issue, since both wheels seem to overall be the same size. This tells us that in the 1/4 mile, the 21s will still be faster, but not by too much. Maybe 1.98 and 9.23@155 vs. 2.1-2.15 and 9.3@150-152.🙂

Reactions: Drew-MS
After turning down early delivery if I changed from Carbon Fiber I just received a VIN for my Plaid, MSM, Arachnids, cream, carbon fiber. Glad I decided to hang in there. VIN-5YJSA1E68MF434—. Estimated delivery: June 27-30. Don’t know how I can transfer the money by then or what the VIN indicates but I’m kind of in shock And excited to say the least. At 75, I’m hoping my heart can handle the warp speed.
You have to experience warp 9 at least once or twice
77F928E9-EBBE-4460-B66D-FC2FAE2D6CFE.gif

otherwise, it’s like dating a supermodel and refusing to sleep with her, it’s a crime against humanity

Hey guys just another data point
Ordered 1/27/21 plaid /black/cf/21/fsd
Got email yesterday around 1040 pm about vin and to complete payment
Got a call today that delivery will be on the 30th

I live in Houston

few days prior the dates would come and go from the account then jump to July and then blank…. Then all of a sudden the email… I was half expecting August due to cf…

good luck… and can’t wait to pull up to pretty much any car and just…. Smile
I’m also in Houston. Ordered 6/17 and pick up 6/29. Crazy.

you will receive an email from Tesla that final payment is ready. if I had not taken care of it today, I would not be getting my car Sunday. Im on the older side. I don't want to waste a day!

I saw the final payment this morning. Called my broker and had him sell a few things and wired money to my bank account. I then used Teslas Plsid app to trnsfer balance from my bank to Tesla. Did it all in about 3 hours. I did have enough cash in brokerage so I did not need to wait for the trade to clear.

They are working 24/7. You can ask them to wait a couple days if needed. I know they will push for eoq delivery

Reactions: EndlessPlaid