Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The range is so close on the two that it was not a consideration for me. While I can appreciate the shear performance of the Plaid, I would only appreciate it a few times before it would become "normal". Also, I have no friends and no one that I really care to impress with it. Since the performance is the only difference, I opted to save the money and just go LR. It is plenty fast for me and I get to enjoy all the other aspects of the Plaid - including the non-red brake calipers.

You will not go wrong either way and only you know if you will regret not getting the Plaid.
I ended up picking plaid, because my M3P does 0-60 in 3.02, and i figured i can’t get a new car with the same speed or possibly .08 seconds slower. That’s the problem with LR is that it’s the same speed as the Model 3P, so it makes it hard for me to justify from a performance perspective.

For those in the San Diego area my new Plaid and I will be at Cars and Coffee tomorrow morning in Rancho Sante Fe from 8-10am. Feel free to stop by and have a close look at this incredible car.
Thanks. Stopped by, beautiful car. Didn't see you to say hi, but a lot of nice cars to see. Weird that your four door sedan is much faster than all those Ferrari's, Lambos, Porsches, etc..

Interior is nicer in person, especially the rest screen.

And like I said to someone else here on TMC (who also has a > $500k Lambo), the Tesla MS Plaid is quite the "bang for your buck" being that it beats all others even the Bugatti Chiron that costs > $3 million. Wow, this is all just just head spinning.o_O
Lol yup, that’s why we’re here venting about blank EDD and no VIN.
Woke up to July 4 - July 15 EDD. Certainly not holding my breath until I get a VIN. Even after a VIN I wouldn’t hold my breath as I have heard a couple getting taken away. Nothing is certain until you take delivery I guess.

🤞🤞🤞
Once you get a VIN, I’d say you’re good 🥂.

Not sure what a ski hatch for back seats are. But it’s 60/40 folding seats. The middle seat ‘does’ fold on its own, but does not expose the trunk. It becomes a console for the back seat.

also had no idea the Y’s middle seat folded by itself.
Ski hatch just means that a part of middle rear seat folds so that it opens to the trunk.

I think FSD is key on the LR orders. I have seen some very early pre-refresh orders get LR cars without FSD, but it seems like February and later LR orders are only getting VIN’s with FSD with limited exceptions.

How many here have February or later LR orders without FSD with VINS?
Unless you have FSD + 19''. In that case, you get blank.

Finally I got the call from Fremont to change my wheels to 21’s and receive the car by month end. But get this…they offered to comp me the wheels. Of course I said yes and within 5 minutes my build was updated on my account. BUT the build also shows the charge for the wheels so my down payment has increased the $4500.
I will push them on this but I want the car so I don’t really care much either way.

Ya know, I can see wanting to mess with Tesla just a tad bit. I can almost understand the mindset "You mess with me, I mess back". Pull a no show but make sure to call them to keep the car for you until you decide to show up. It would be a small taste of setting exceptions then not meeting them - from the receiving side :)
After waiting and waiting, that sounds too risky.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Finally I got the call from Fremont to change my wheels to 21’s and receive the car by month end. But get this…they offered to comp me the wheels. Of course I said yes and within 5 minutes my build was updated on my account. BUT the build also shows the charge for the wheels so my down payment has increased the $4500.
I will push them on this but I want the car so I don’t really care much either way.
That’s a home run..congrats !

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I had a friend who was offered a 2am home delivery (he declined). One of the things that makes EoQ extra crazy is a surprising number of people do not show up for their delivery appointments, which adds to the chaos.
Tesla should prioritize people from this forum, who would cancel a vacation to get their long-awaited Model S.

Did they just randomly call you or did you go up the chain?

Does any one know if Tesla does in n outs with other dealers ? Trying to save my tax credit but I’m pretty sure the answer is no
Tesla uses their statutory obligation to collect State Sales Tax as leverage for you to accept a low ball trade in number.

Out of 6 purchases, I've only gotten them to do one courtesy trade so I would think they would not touch that with a ten foot pole.