Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
THANK YOU! Someone gets it! :)👏

Huh?🤨🧐

(Nothing personal, @Hayseed_MS)
I think there are two different things here. The new heat pump and pack architecture allow the back-to-back runs by being able to keep the pack at optimum temp. IIRC, one of the benefits of the carbon wrap is is it creates a stronger magnetic field, which I took to mean it was more efficient, which I think is central the flat curve...but what do I know :)

I would have gladly paid for a 19" upgrade similar to arachnids. That would have been my preference. I just didn't want to buy a new car and then deal with the hassle of buying aftermarket wheels. I honestly think Tesla intentionally did not want the standard 19" wheels to look great just so people would upgrade..
It might just be me but the Tempest wheels are a turn off. I am paying almost 100K for a car. want to be thrilled every time I walk into garage
Yeah even before I seen the wheel selection I knew I wanted to get something aftermarket. Now us knowing the calipers aren't red, im definitely going to paint mine. Might go black with black lexani rims and Tiffany blue calipers. Don't judge me lol.

Just checked my status....I HAVE A VIN! I just got back from Fast and the Furious 9 with Vinny....then I get a VIN! WHOOT! It says that I should get delivery between july 5th-10th. Any chance you guys think I could get it earlier? Would love to have it for the 4th!

Greg
That’s the secret. Whomever doesn’t have a VIN go watch F9! 😂

Congrats!

I think there are two different things here. The new heat pump and pack architecture allow the back-to-back runs by being able to keep the pack at optimum temp. IIRC, one of the benefits of the carbon wrap is is it creates a stronger magnetic field, which I took to mean it was more efficient, which I think is central the flat curve...but what do I know :)
That is EXACTLY what the carbon-sleeved-rotors do. No offense to @Hayseed_MS here, but he is implying that the only difference between the LR and the Plaid is the third motor, and that the only reason for the Plaid's extra hp is the carbon-sleeved rotors:
You are discounting the batteries. There is a reason Tesla is advertising both trims as doing back to back 1/4 mile runs. The Plaid just holds more power overall. The carbon sleeves allows that higher power. The LR motors will hold the power curve just the LR curve will be lower than the Plaid.
Then I said:
@Hayseed_MS, please see these posts I made a while ago: :)

Don't wanna downvote you. :)
The rotors actually have very little to do with the max output, and more with keeping that hp output for longer, because they create a more efficient EM field. :)

Has anyone with either one of or all of: red paint, white seats, or carbon fiber received a VIN or taken delivery? Feels like I picked a unicorn configuration 😭
I think that is the ideal config for a red build. I would have gone white interior but with a little one on the way and a lot of dark jeans in the wardrobe… you know

Yeah even before I seen the wheel selection I knew I wanted to get something aftermarket. Now us knowing the calipers aren't red, im definitely going to paint mine. Might go black with black lexani rims and Tiffany blue calipers. Don't judge me lol.

You know you cannot go wrong with red. I have seen some blue that looked good. I think it needs to match the car - with that being said I do really understand what I mean by matching. Just know when I see it.

I had resigned myself to an Aug/Sep delivery but out of the blue I just got the call, my car is in, delivery 2pm Weds although possibly before if they can get all the inspections done. Checked my account, VIN is there....ok, now officially excited!
I have ordered a Dragy and I will try and post some LR details later this week. Hell, it ain’t a PlaId but gonna be fun seeing what it can do. I have had a couple of porsches, great cars but nowhere near 3.1... let the fun and games begin. i can’t believe I got a delivery date, I really thought I was in infinite limbo. Stay strong my friends, your cars are coming!

So for us NE folk, I ordered 19s thinking they were all seasons. Like the stealth M3P. I feel like a moron not knowing that 19s are summer tires and I’ll need to spend probably 1k or more to get all seasons.

Any other people in my boat and considering getting 21s? I haven’t been contacted by anyone from Tesla HQ, asking to upgrade wheels like others here.

So for us NE folk, I ordered 19s thinking they were all seasons. Like the stealth M3P. I feel like a moron not knowing that 19s are summer tires and I’ll need to spend probably 1k or more to get all seasons.

Any other people in my boat and considering getting 21s? I haven’t been contacted by anyone asking to upgrade wheels like others here.
I just switched to 21” today after I realized the 19” were summer tires.

Last edited:
Because people keep asking about white interior, I added a tab (feel free to delete it @omarsultan) that shows everyone who lists white interior and has a VIN. There are four of us in total:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-06-26 at 7.50.31 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-06-26 at 7.50.31 PM.png
    147.4 KB · Views: 74
I love black cars and my last 4 cars and LR are black. they are a PIA. I have made commitments to myself. Black cars need to be hand washed twice a week (more if living in the moththeast during spring pollen time). So that is what I do. Darker colors show dust and dirt quicker than light colors. If you buy black it requires more work to keep it looking great.
To me, it is worth it. A sparkling clean Black car just does it for me.
Yup, when I see a clean black car, I respect the commitment. Usually, I see dirty ones. My last car was white. I kept it spotless, but even when I couldn't it looked great.

I chose red this time. White for 17 years means a change. MSM is too common, black is hard to keep clean, so it was blue or red. I have never seen a red MS around here, and I like having cars that are not seen often. I keep wondering if I should have gone blue, but I know I will love the red.