Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is it possible that while the website shows 19” summer tires, they still will ship all season to locations/climates that will need them? And locations like SoCal and Florida would get summer tires? I’m thinking that they just can’t show every configuration on the website. May be wishful thinking? I realize it makes logistics more difficult.
The P ZERO is only made as a Max Performance Summer tire. The photos I took were a Florida location. The P Zero has horrible tread wear so you will be able to put your own tires on pretty quickly. The Michelin below is what my next set will be.

Attachments

• IMG_2009.jpeg
    IMG_2009.jpeg
    570.1 KB · Views: 67
  • Image 6-27-21 at 2.00 PM.jpeg
    Image 6-27-21 at 2.00 PM.jpeg
    109.5 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
@lolachampcar do you have any insights as to any potential differences between LR’s and Plaid’s suspension? I’m really hoping they brought the “plus” suspension back for Plaid!
Marc,
The only insight I have, if you can call it that, is that Tesla hates differences. If they can put the same thing on all S', it has been my experience that they will. My guess is there is but one set of dampers and air springs for the LR and Plaid. Any differentiation would then come from settings allowed in the user interface.

Again, just a guess from what I have seen in the past. They started off having different valving for the S coil, S air and P air and finally morphed into a single damper for air (while dropping the springs?? - I've not seen that as an option for some time now).

Why? It doesn’t matter at all.
Any time you make a change to the order, it changes your “order date” which could effect delivery, since now you are getting a different car. There is a chance one already built matches your configuration, but not guaranteed. Therefore you are back in the system as iF it was a fresh order. The RN doesn’t matter. There are people ordering cars literally 2 weeks ago and got delivery, with much higher RN numbers. People with lower RNs that order late last year you would think would be first in line, but that’s not the case. It’s your build configuration and logistics that seems to be how the system prioritizes orders.

The website now shows July for 21" but shows 19" will begin deliveries in August.
My June 26-30 expected delivery seems to have been fictions from the beginning.
So, I am going back to Rio on the first flight out. I'll expect to pick up my car sometime late in August.
I'm a trifle irritated but not surprised.
Its been that case for a few days now. Hopefully that will apply to new orders and not existing ones. Its a longshot but one can only hope!

In your case it didn’t matter. It’s abundantly clear it has mattered with some other orders.

Can you provide an example? I strongly suspect there’s a different explanation for what you’ve seen. It doesn’t make any sense in the world for the revised order date to matter, they are sorting by reservation number not by date.

Any time you make a change to the order, it changes your “order date” which could effect delivery, since now you are getting a different car. There is a chance one already built matches your configuration, but not guaranteed. Therefore you are back in the system as iF it was a fresh order. The RN doesn’t matter. There are people ordering cars literally 2 weeks ago and got delivery, with much higher RN numbers. People with lower RNs that order late last year you would think would be first in line, but that’s not the case. It’s your build configuration and logistics that seems to be how the system prioritizes orders.

This is completely wrong. When you make a change it may affect your delivery date for sure, but it seems clear that you do not move to the back of the line if you keep your reservation number.

People with lower RNs *and different configurations* are still waiting, and of course location plays a significant role as well. But within a particular configuration and location, it seems that order date doesn’t matter, RN does.

Sounds fishy to me
Yes, that's me. See posts above. It has not been absolutely locked in yet, but I spoke with Fremont today and the words were it's "100% guaranteed". And I do have a delivery appointment for 6/30. The person from Tesla told me to hold off on making final payment until the update happens in my account, likely tomorrow.

Yes, that's me. See posts above. It has not been absolutely locked in yet, but I spoke with Fremont today and the words were it's "100% guaranteed". And I do have a delivery appointment for 6/30. The person from Tesla told me to hold off on making final payment until the update happens in my account, likely tomorrow.
Ok. Well I do hope that happens for you. They did honor My 2k discount for ordering back in December