Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lol seems like the 3 SA may have been wrong. If you ordered in Oct, and your order agreement shows 03/01, then 03/01 is the order date in their system.
I made ZERO changes to the car. That date is on Tesla's end which updated pre-refresh orders to the refreshed car on 3/1. I just don't understand how they can penalize people for something that is on THEIR end. And then tell you to your face (3 different people), it does not affect your delivery date. At this point every Tesla order should come with a bottle of Xanex.

They may be doing something different for the S than they do with their normal policy around changes, because of the long delays, lack of information, and changes they’ve made (e.g. wheel colors, range statements). But for the S orders it doesn’t seem to matter.
I would agree with you if the original order date stayed the same. .. however, it’s clear that when a change is made, a new updated order date appears.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Also the Torque vectoring which I know nothing about so not sure if it’s a big deal.
Torque vectoring is basically being able to apply more power to the outside tire in a turn. It helps, especially in slow corners, to rotate the car better and reducing/eliminating under steer where you turn the wheel but the car wants to continue straight(opposite of oversteer (drifting)). Acura brands it a Super Handling All Wheel Drive. Many cars offer it but an EV with two motors at the rear is naturally better at it.

That 19” tire appears to be a summer tire. The Pirelli on tire rack in 255-45-19 with a 280 UTQG is a summer tire.
Edit: lol the pic of the 19” on the Tesla shows it’s a PZero (PZ4).. 100% a summer tire.
Is it possible that while the website shows 19” summer tires, they still will ship all season to locations/climates that will need them? And locations like SoCal and Florida would get summer tires? I’m thinking that they just can’t show every configuration on the website. May be wishful thinking? I realize it makes logistics more difficult.

Good news: Took delivery yesterday! Bad news: Problem with sound system (some kind of short).

They had to call Freemont and talk to an engineer, couldn't figure it out. Waiting on Monday for a phone call to see what's up.

I did get to drive it about 20 miles ... freaking awesome ... fit and finish was really good ... interior is much nicer in person ... pics don't do it justice ...

Compared to the 2020 Raven, it has noticeably more power and the bigger tires hook up really fast ... handles really well ...
Would you post some photos of the interior with the CF trim? Thank!

The website now shows July for 21" but shows 19" will begin deliveries in August.
My June 26-30 expected delivery seems to have been fictions from the beginning.
So, I am going back to Rio on the first flight out. I'll expect to pick up my car sometime late in August.
I'm a trifle irritated but not surprised.

Attachments

• Tempest deliveries begin in August.pdf
    121.5 KB · Views: 57
I would agree with you if the original order date stayed the same. .. however, it’s clear that when a change is made, a new updated order date appears.

here is to hoping 🍻 the updated order date is just stated as a record of when a change/update was made and the original RN# has some meaning.

like @brunla said. many people have orders from 2020

but who knows with tesla, i just want my car and TSLA to hit ath.

Is it possible that while the website shows 19” summer tires, they still will ship all season to locations/climates that will need them? And locations like SoCal and Florida would get summer tires? I’m thinking that they just can’t show every configuration on the website. May be wishful thinking? I realize it makes logistics more difficult.
7426656C-485F-4C92-A86F-5118BFE724C6.jpeg

Owners manual does show a factory configuration with 19” all seasons. How one would receive such a configuration is anyones guess.

I made ZERO changes to the car. That date is on Tesla's end which updated pre-refresh orders to the refreshed car on 3/1. I just don't understand how they can penalize people for something that is on THEIR end. And then tell you to your face (3 different people), it does not affect your delivery date. At this point every Tesla order should come with a bottle of Xanex.
I don’t think they’re intentionally penalizing people. It just doesn’t make sense why the order date changes. If that wasn’t the case, then it would all be more sensible.

I don’t think they’re intentionally penalizing people. It just doesn’t make sense why the order date changes. If that wasn’t the case, then it would all be more sensible.
It would update based on when the customer last changed their configuration.

I’d wager it has absolutely nothing to do with order fulfillment priority.

Attachments

• CBCE5D6E-C5A5-41B5-8C68-C9305439BF5A.jpeg
    CBCE5D6E-C5A5-41B5-8C68-C9305439BF5A.jpeg
    134.8 KB · Views: 58
The website now shows July for 21" but shows 19" will begin deliveries in August.
My June 26-30 expected delivery seems to have been fictions from the beginning.
So, I am going back to Rio on the first flight out. I'll expect to pick up my car sometime late in August.
I'm a trifle irritated but not surprised.
CF was showing deliveries will start in August and some have received or are about to receive CF in late June. So just because the site shows deliveries will begin in August for 19s, I’m still hopeful deliveries of 19s will start in July.

Just got off the phone with Fremont again today. After speaking with a person there yesterday and switching to 21's, I received a VIN instantly as well as a text message with Wednesday delivery date. However, I was still being charged for the 21's in my account. The person I spoke with today said to not make final payment just yet and check back tomorrow, the cost of the 21's will be removed 100% guaranteed (his words).

We'll see if this all happens, but usually I never get this lucky.

My apology, I misread your post. I was referring to orders when the customer made the change.. CF to wood, white interior changed to black, etc.