Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone that picked up their car since September received their vin number in the phone app?

Every time I tried I saw no vin number and got a message that "no active cars were found on your account". Or something to that effect.

When you say "picked up" I'm assuming you mean ordered and not delivered, correct? You won't see the car show up on the phone app until delivery or shortly (maybe 1 day) after delivery.

When you say "picked up" I'm assuming you mean ordered and not delivered, correct? You won't see the car show up on the phone app until delivery or shortly (maybe 1 day) after delivery.

Many of us saw our VIN number and cars on our phones long before delivery. TM specifically had the connectivity turned off in the car....safety precaution...Did not want us to open the moon roof from half way across the country while it was still at the factory or in transit......It seems at one point TM decided not to allow the phone app to display anything until delivery.
Mr. Shadows is asking if anyone after September was able to have the phone app display before delivery.

Thanks AlMc, that's what I was looking for. I wasn't able to see any info that I had even ordered a car on my app until a few hours after I picked the car up.

I didn't want people that are waiting on their cars now to waste time like I did checking the iphone app for an update. I guess I thought I would be able to see its location once it was powered up and could watch it being trucked across the country.

Has anyone that picked up their car since September received their vin number in the phone app?

Every time I tried I saw no vin number and got a message that "no active cars were found on your account". Or something to that effect.
I picked up mine in early December. I could not access the car via the app until my DS activated it at delivery. Even then it was a few hours before Tesla in CA turned the feature on.

:frown: Too bad that doesn't happen anymore. It gave those of us with Type A personalities something to obsess over a hundred times a day! I used to check it hourly, knowing I'd just get that message about there not being a car registered to my user I'd... until that one time, when IT DIDN'T. I still remember that surreal moment where I was starting at a VIN# instead...

:frown: Too bad that doesn't happen anymore. It gave those of us with Type A personalities something to obsess over a hundred times a day! I used to check it hourly, knowing I'd just get that message about there not being a car registered to my user I'd... until that one time, when IT DIDN'T. I still remember that surreal moment where I was starting at a VIN# instead...

My car got to the SC 24 hours before my scheduled evening pickup last March. I was stuck in O'Hare waiting for a delayed flight home when my DS called to confirm the appointment. I had seen the VIN in the app for a week or two, but begged him to turn on remote access so I could look at it while waiting. After checking with the SC manager he did, but I was told "one honk and it's off". I avoided the controls page altogether - didn't want to accidentally vent the roof while it was getting washed! Here's a screen shot from that night:

3a4ade8a.jpg

It was a pretty amazing feeling to see the status of my car from hundreds of miles away - like kids peeking at what's under the tree Christmas Eve. I guess those days are over, but it no longer takes four months (or even years for many) from reservation to delivery... :)

Newest VIN #

VIN 30528. Ordered in the Washington, DC store on December 1, 2013, confirmed the same day. VIN# assigned 1/7/14. Delivery set for 3/6/14 to Rockville, MD.
My beautiful MS85 will be Multicoat Red, 85kWh, Tech, Super HIFI Stereo, Interior Lighting, Pano Roof, Parking Sensors, Black Leather, 19" Propeller Wheels, Carbon Fiber Accents, Parcel Shelf. I'm SOOOO excited!

VIN 30528. Ordered in the Washington, DC store on December 1, 2013, confirmed the same day. VIN# assigned 1/7/14. Delivery set for 3/6/14 to Rockville, MD.
My beautiful MS85 will be Multicoat Red, 85kWh, Tech, Super HIFI Stereo, Interior Lighting, Pano Roof, Parking Sensors, Black Leather, 19" Propeller Wheels, Carbon Fiber Accents, Parcel Shelf. I'm SOOOO excited!

Did you tell them March (as in delay the delivery) or is that how it worked out. I ordered mine January 2nd (confirmed on the 6th I think), and am shooting for a March date, so if you are already getting your information on early March, my hopes of getting mine by then are dropping :(

I don't wanna wait! haha!

Don't think I ever added to this thread as I've been logging my details in the other thread referenced by MidLifeCrisis. Anyway, my VIN is: 30287 (no programmers significance I can think of: #764F) and my delivery date is February 21 with some hints that February 25th may be more realistic. There is no service center here in Calgary yet so I'm getting a home delivery!