Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Im going crazy waiting for someone to post performance numbers for the LR!! Everyone keeps saying how insanely fast it is, but not a single real world number posted!
What is wrong with these people? I can get some 0-60 draggy numbers Sunday afternoon. I would like to get full 1/4 mile times as well, but I don’t really have access to anywhere I can do that safely and legally. We used to have Carlsbad Raceway, but it closed down several years ago.

I just saw a FB post from the company who installed my solar system (not Tesla...Panasonic/Solar Edge) who said that they are looking for other vendors to supply them with batteries because Tesla keeps promising then moving around dates for deliveries of Tesla Walls. I guess it's not just the car part of the company but Tesla isn't leading nor the only game in town for solar/home battery technology so it probably won't work out so well for them. 🤷‍♂️
Tesla Solar actually blew me off when I tried to get them to install our rooftop solar. They got as far as verifying the geometry and preparing to design the system, but when I told them I was using a municipal power company (RMLD on the Boston North Shore), they dropped me like a hot brake rotor. Ended up going with a local installer who uses Solar Edge and LG panels/storage batteries. Took a year and a half to get the system working right (it's a large and tricky system), but I'm pretty happy with it now.

Muni's have a different way of doing things, and a lot of it sucks, but it is what it is and Tesla should be able to deal with it. I hope by now, two years after they blew it with me, they've figured it out.

No delivery date.

Where do you live, I'll take care of it for you!
I have been out in the garage with it plugged in charging w/AC, watching netflix, and playing with all the settings.

Delivery had issues but the SC pushed it through and it took longer than normal. Tired so not posting much today.

1) Car is amazing
2) LR was right choice for me.
3) Smooth and quiet - will be eerie with the ANC
4) No Sirius yet
5) Turn signal farts made my wife realize how childish I really am
6) Yoke is a nothingburger. Suck it up. It is easy to acclimate and a big non-issue. Did I mention to use it and get used to it.
7) 21's were another non issue. Smooth, quiet and soaked up bumps/holes just fine with suspension on comfort. Will switch to A/S when available,
8) Fit and finish is on par with other $100k vehicles. A couple things for them to fix after EOQ rush
9) SC detailed it before I picker it up and had microfiber on the walk around and wiped off any water drops and also fingerprints from door handles. All up to date. SC did a great job.
10) No phone as key card on S
11) Car is amazing
12) My wall charger has not stopped giggling since I plugged it in. at 70% charge, it is getting 38mi/hr charge
13) AC and ventilated seats work excellent
14) Phone chargers positioned great and work
15) Just a smooth comfy ride
16) Synced with home wifi and downloaded updates to games tonight
17) Removing front plate took 10 minutes and that included breaks to scratch my butt while I worked

I will do more later.
I am not (yet) a Tesla owner but am planning to eventually get a refreshed MS LR. My last fun car was a 2018 BMW M550i which was great (0-60 in 3.9). Thanks for all the feedback above, this is exactly the type of info I have been lurking for. Am in Midwest so was planning on 19’s (ride and range) but I suppose I’ll consider the 21’s since I can always swap later and will rarely need to go over 375 mi. Wall charger giggling 😂

Who are these people that are not taking delivery of their cars because they are out of town? After waiting 6 months to a year for a vehicle, I would certainly not let someone else take delivery of my car. I’m currently out of town, but Tesla will be delivering my car to my driveway today (allegedly)

Tesla made the process incredibly easy. All I needed to do was sign the lending agreement online, transfer payment and promise to click I accept delivery after they drop the car off at my house. Tesla told me I had until the fist 100 driving miles to report any issues that need to be addressed. The process is as simple as can be.
@EVonly It's the first 100 miles or 24 hours, whichever comes first is how my SA explained it. Might want to double check on that. He told me NOT to click on accept if I was on vacation until I was back. He said you obviously cannot enter the car until you accept, but if you are not there, it would not matter. Let me know what you find out.

How many here are Plaid+ to Plaid based on Tesla's outreach to convert for a June delivery? How many have received their car? Who has not?

I ask because I believe my car will not be delivered today and I would like to reach out to Tesla management.
I did this kind of. In a more convoluted way I guess. I got the call from Fremont to switch and declined. A few days later the + gets cancelled and I sat on the order for a couple days. Then, before the price increase on the Plaid, I switched to Plaid by using my Tesla account. I retained my same RN after the switch. My account went back and forth from June to July many times over the following few weeks. Then this past Saturday, the 26th, I received a call from Fremont asking if I’d take a car with 21’s and have it by the 30th. And they comped the 21’s on top of it all. As soon as I was off the call I had a VIN. My car was delivered yesterday.

Wow, "est delivery: end of 2022"...sorry to our Aussie & other foreign friends. Not quite fair. Leave it to the Americans to f* this sh!t up, lol. You're probably better off buying something German made for the interim until Tesla and the others get their sh!t together.

I have a Plaid on order to replace my 75D, also listed as late 2022. With some luck maybe there will be a track pack available by then. I also want to buy a Y for the wife but its not even on the configurator yet with no indication on when it will be available.

Currently, Tesla showrooms in Australia have Model 3s on display and thats it.

One last thing for now… there is a MSM, cream, 21, Plaid sitting in Decatur because buyer didn’t show for their 3:00p appt. I can’t f’ing believe they didn’t show yesterday! (still there when i left at about 6:40p).
Dang I just can't do the cream though. I'd prob opt to upgrade to the Plaid if it were MSM/White haha.

The car is fantastic. You won’t hear much from me for a bit since I will be driving it. A lot. Posting a couple of shots of the white interior. I absolutely love the wood+white look in the black car, View attachment 679428and absolutely recommend it.
I see you have all weather floor mats. Does Tesla stock them for the refreshed S or are you using pre-refresh versions?

I see you have all weather floor mats. Does Tesla stock them for the refreshed S or are you using pre-refresh versions?
Just ordered the new ones specific for the refresh MS on the Tesla.com Shop. They're there now (with the correct rear all-weather mates for the backseats). Question is how do I return the old ones I ordered and received (thinking my MS Plaid was coming a while ago)?

If the rumors are true about VINs being reassigned for the sake of quarter end numbers, that's a major slap in the face of some of those who have been waiting since last year (not myself as a note). All I can say is they better be able to ramp up production and fulfill the backlog of orders - especially for those who put more than $100 as a deposit.

I can't imagine how those who bought a Roadster are feeling given they had to put down large sums upwards of years ago now.
In all fairness I had an LR order since the announcement.

How many here are Plaid+ to Plaid based on Tesla's outreach to convert for a June delivery? How many have received their car? Who has not?

I ask because I believe my car will not be delivered today and I would like to reach out to Tesla management.
Plaid+ convert on one of my orders, other order was a Plaid on the day it was announced in January, maybe an hour after orders opened.
Ordered plaid+ in September literally the second you could, have to be one of the first plaid+ orders.
Got a call almost 2 weeks ago asking to convert plaid+ to plaid, switch to wood and I would get the car “a couple weeks sooner possibly”. Said the red/black/cf was likely July (it was mid June when we talked) due to CF delays, but this one could be sooner
Switched color wheels and trim. They told me they can only make 2 changes without an up charge, he offered to speak to his manager, and they waived the charge
I’ve got 2 orders, 2 VINs for almost a week, no delivery date/outreach from Tesla since

Ready for delivery let’s goooooo