Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With people having some of these erratic dates like September, October, and stuff, makes me question why there are still people with blank dates. How does that system work or make sense? I don’t think a single person with a straight up blank date has gotten a car yet, only the people with the dates all over the place.
Saturday will be 8 weeks since I placed my order and I have been blank for at least 6 of those weeks.

EDIT: And after typing this I did my morning refresh and I am now September again. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Saturday will be TWENTY TWO weeks since I placed my order and my EDD has been all over the place
At 16 here, I’ve been 4-11->Aug->Blank more times than I can count… still sitting on blank for about 6 days. I keep telling myself my config is setting me up for a surprise… I have been MSM, Black interior, Arachnids, and FSD the whole time…so all in the sweet spot of being available before it became widely know there were constraints on wheels, interiors, colors

one can dream right?

Saturday will be 8 weeks since I placed my order and I have been blank for at least 6 of those weeks.

EDIT: And after typing this I did my morning refresh and I am now September again. :rolleyes:
16 weeks and 2 days since my order. Still blank as of this AM.

#letsgettheolderordersfufiled so we can get to the newer orders. Seeing 2020 orders still unfulfilled is crazy. Let's get this party moving along. Hopefully they're not really going to pause the line tomorrow and really do ramp to 1000 a week or whatever Elon said in the next few weeks.

Handling and braking is probably what I’ll notice most. I’m coming from a 2018 Carrera S that I’ve pushed around Laguna Seca, Sonoma Raceway, Willow Springs, etc. Porsche brakes don’t mess around and they’ll stop you on a dime consistently, predictably, and won’t fade lap after lap. Of course they handle just as good as the stop and you can whip them around like nothing. It’ll be a big change - I’m not expecting Porsche like handling and braking from the Plaid as it’s an entirely different car. I just hope it’s not a night and day difference. In any case I’m sure the 1000+ HP will more than make up for it 😂
It is night and day from a 911. I just sold a 992 C4S with PCCB a month or two ago and those brakes were the best I’ve ever felt in a car, include 3 previous PCCB’s on other 991’s. The Tesla is nothing like that, completely unrelated In every fashion. I’m not going to say better or worse, but completely different for sure.

Last day of quarter and my EDD now is showing August again for a January order. SMH over and over and over and over and over...........
Damn! sorry to hear this man.
Seems like you did everything right so far, even switched to arachnids and have black interior. 19" wheels might be your only kryptonite. Sucks for us 19" reservation holders

Guys a little context. My comment about how long I have been blank was to a post wondering if people were still mostly blank. That's all.
I am not in here at 8 weeks thinking I deserve a car before someone who has been waiting much, much longer.
thanks for the context. my dates have lasted only a few days at best after the first month and since April have been mostly blank as well.

Handling and braking is probably what I’ll notice most. I’m coming from a 2018 Carrera S that I’ve pushed around Laguna Seca, Sonoma Raceway, Willow Springs, etc. Porsche brakes don’t mess around and they’ll stop you on a dime consistently, predictably, and won’t fade lap after lap. Of course they handle just as good as the stop and you can whip them around like nothing. It’ll be a big change - I’m not expecting Porsche like handling and braking from the Plaid as it’s an entirely different car. I just hope it’s not a night and day difference. In any case I’m sure the 1000+ HP will more than make up for it 😂
Big difference between a 3700lb Porsche 911S & a 4700+lb MS Plaid but as others have discussed, the MS Plaid seems to handle quite well and the brakes should be quite adequate for normal, everyday driving. Tracking the car would likely be a different situation.

I’ve been so impressed how a plaid was able to get a 1:30 at Laguna. Considering it is 2-3 seconds faster than a GT3RS, Turbo S, etc.. The plaid took the 1st corner at 47mph, which was quicker than all other production cars I’ve seen. Bizarre