Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
....Time?

Or did you get delivery in the middle of the night and just vanish... Or aliens? šŸ˜
Good morning. Picked up my LR yesterday. Showed at 3:00p for a 4:00p appt. itā€™s my first Tesla.

Things started out great but upon inspection noticed some minor cleaning issues. Mostly adhesive from the protective wrap on exterior
There were a few items of the interior that also needed to be cleaned as well.

The biggest issues were:
1. Driver exterior door handle would not retract. DS caught this and mentioned heā€™s seen it before.
2 Passenger rear door had what appeared to be a small plastic piece sticking up from the molding at the bottom of the door glass. See pic. The white thing is just a reflection.
Both of these items were fixed by the service department.

It took a 2.5 hours for the fixes, along with a lesson from the DS.

DS was very nice BTW.

Drove the car 175 miles home!! It took about 15 minutes for the car to calibrate for FSD. I pulled over and parked so that I capfuls update settings. Well, I supervised the car and it pretty much drive itself. Amazing technology. Amazing car. Greased lightning!

One last thing for nowā€¦ there is a MSM, cream, 21, Plaid sitting in Decatur because buyer didnā€™t show for their 3:00p appt. I canā€™t fā€™ing believe they didnā€™t show yesterday! (still there when i left at about 6:40p).

Attachments

• EF7F9DEF-5BCC-488A-9F92-99160E3EEA1F.jpeg
    EF7F9DEF-5BCC-488A-9F92-99160E3EEA1F.jpeg
    195.3 KB · Views: 138
Big difference between a 3700lb Porsche 911S & a 4700+lb MS Plaid but as others have discussed, the MS Plaid seems to handle quite well and the brakes should be quite adequate for normal, everyday driving. Tracking the car would likely be a different situation.
Idk the numbers are saying something else. Doesnā€™t make a lot of sense but the numbers are the numbers šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø.. watch some of the recent Laguna Seca vids.

He said the other LR was supposed to be delivered but they buyer was not in town, so they called the next person on the list and was delivered 2 hours later.
Who are these people that are not taking delivery of their cars because they are out of town? After waiting 6 months to a year for a vehicle, I would certainly not let someone else take delivery of my car. Iā€™m currently out of town, but Tesla will be delivering my car to my driveway today (allegedly)

Tesla made the process incredibly easy. All I needed to do was sign the lending agreement online, transfer payment and promise to click I accept delivery after they drop the car off at my house. Tesla told me I had until the fist 100 driving miles to report any issues that need to be addressed. The process is as simple as can be.

Who are these people that are not taking delivery of their cars because they are out of town? After waiting 6 months to a year for a vehicle, I would certainly not let someone else take delivery of my car. Iā€™m currently out of town, but Tesla will be delivering my car to my driveway today (allegedly)

Tesla made the process incredibly easy. All I needed to do was sign the lending agreement online, transfer payment and promise to click I accept delivery after they drop the car off at my house. Tesla told me I had until the fist 100 driving miles to report any issues that need to be addressed. The process is as simple as can be.
I hereby offer to go anywhere in this country to take any one of these unclaimed MSLRs. Tesla SAs can call me at 867-5309 anytime :cool:

16 weeks and 2 days since my order. Still blank as of this AM.

#letsgettheolderordersfufiled so we can get to the newer orders. Seeing 2020 orders still unfulfilled is crazy. Let's get this party moving along. Hopefully they're not really going to pause the line tomorrow and really do ramp to 1000 a week or whatever Elon said in the next few weeks.
I have no information to substantiate this, but I think as production increases, we are going to see dates move around a little more and hopefully you guys that have been waiting will get July dates.

Ok, picked up my MS LR today, havenā€™t driven it as much as I would have liked as needed to turn my attention to the motherland beating Germany in the Euros (great day, new car and an England win). That said, I absolutely love it. Looks so much better in the flesh. Finish, from what I could tell, was excellent. Was nervous about the yoke but for no reason, 99% of the time itā€™s just great, the other 1% itā€™s fine, give it a few days and it will just feel normal. Now this is my first Tesla so I canā€™t compare to others but I will say this, the LR feels like a rocket ship, 100% happy and totally worth the wait. Canā€™t even imagine what the Plaid is like although happy to use the difference to fund the Y. As I left the dealership the SA said make sure to really launch it, I did and it flew all the way to a very ā€˜healthy speedā€˜ with no obvious let up at all. Thanks to Elon and the Tesla team for delivering the most amazing car I have ever driven (and I have a couple of ok ones). For all here thanks for the great banter, itā€™s been fun. For those with cars, congrats. For those waiting, it will be worth It. For whatā€™s its worth Blank ended up being a good status for me. I have a dragy coming, Iā€™ll try and get some numbers later this week or at the weekend. Happy to answer any questions but think a lot have been answered by more educated Tesla owners than me.
Funny, I picked up my LR yesterday and feel the same way about the acceleration. How much quicker can the Plain really be considering how powerful the LR feels. Insane

Congrats for those of you who got your LR! I'm envious. šŸ¤©o_O

Can any of you comment on the handling of the refreshed LR S (not plaid) versus previous S or a model 3?

I really loved the handling of the rear wheel drive model 3 but wanted to see how nicely the new refresh S handles cause I hear coming from a Model 3 to a S is a big change.
When I get home on Sunday I would be happy to give a full synopsis. I previously owned a MS P90DL, and currently own a Model 3 and Performance Model Y. I can do a full comparison after I get a little time behind the yoke!

Funny, I picked up my LR yesterday and feel the same way about the acceleration. How much quicker can the Plain really be considering how powerful the LR feels. Insane
Im going crazy waiting for someone to post performance numbers for the LR!! Everyone keeps saying how insanely fast it is, but not a single real world number posted!

And 1/3rd of ā€œthose guysā€ who after spending an extra $15k modding their super expensive sports cars will blow their engines up ā€” throwing rods, cracking blocks, blowing up pistons, etc. and may have to find another solution since a new engine would be an addā€™l $50k more! šŸ˜³šŸ¤Ŗ
The other solutions are LR Plaid or M3P. šŸ¤£