Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But how much of what you use every day is covered by basic Autopilot?
Good question...I'd say a lot. I do use NOA and I do notice the missing features when I drive my Y that does not have FSD. I'd say the one feature I use the most would be lane change being activated by the turn signal. No need to come out of AP and then back into it to make a lane change.

Funny, it's difficult for me to pinpoint which FSD features I like the most, but I do like them. It only becomes apparent to me when I drive something else like the Y that I miss the FSD features.

Nick - when I get to dragstrip mode and I begin to power brake, the car acts like it doesn't know its in drag strip mode (like a big warning comes up that you are pressing both pedals). DO i just stay on them both until the car says to launch? I couldn't figure it out on the display.
Hopefully this helps....
Screenshot (95).png

Nick - when I get to dragstrip mode and I begin to power brake, the car acts like it doesn't know its in drag strip mode (like a big warning comes up that you are pressing both pedals). DO i just stay on them both until the car says to launch? I couldn't figure it out on the display.
When its fully conditioned, it will say Drag Strip Mode Ready (or something like that). Then hold the brake all the way down and pass full accelerator. It will then say "Preparing for launch", then it will change to "Ready for launch". Let go of the brake and hold on.

Yes it needs to pre-condition. Seems to take 2-4 minutes. Then going into launch mode it takes about 10-15 seconds to get into cheetah mode. Don't have a draggy, but can download an app for GPS times.

It would be amazing of you if you could download an app for the GPS times or even just take a video of the speedometer while you launch and post that! Dying to know how this thing performs!

It would be amazing of you if you could download an app for the GPS times or even just take a video of the speedometer while you launch and post that! Dying to know how this thing performs!
YES PLEASE! Let's put all these assumptions about the LR to rest, and get actual data!!!

Last edited:
That also sums it up for me. I won't buy any other car other than a Model S, however I will be the first to admit if I see something not perfect, but at the same time in the grand scheme of things, the rest of the car more than makes up for it. Does that mean I am a fanboy? I don't think so, but maybe that's just me justifying my thought process. I couldn't care less what anyone thinks about how I feel about Tesla in general. No dis-respect to anyone.
Anyone who ordered/owns a Tesla and is on TMC posting = probably a fanboy lol. Just sort of happens by default

When I was at the SC picking up my P100D a few years ago, I remember being a little annoyed about the panel gaps, misalignments, etc... But as soon as I got in the car to drive home.... holy F sh*ttt : ) Def love at first drive. I never thought about the unpleasant things again.

really a shame we cannot do cream with this wood. i'd pick this over CF especially if it's avail sooner.
I think it's just the pic; I'd be happy if it actually looks that dark. Many other pics and videos have been posted and the wood appears to be dark brownish.