Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a plaid the day after the reveal. Much guilt ensued about spending 50K for speed I didn't really need. However I would get the car by end of June! Ultimately decided to change to LR and now I have to wait until October.
It's imperative that you get the car you originally wanted because otherwise you might have this thought at the back of your mind of not getting what you wanted which drove me insane at least. When they announced Model 3, I had a performance on order but my SA matched me with an AWD in same color config and I took the delivery on short notice. I ended up regretting it so much that I sold my AWD after 6 months to get delivery of a performance that the SC was trying to get rid of due to eoq sale for a huge discount, but the kicker was it wasn't in the color I wanted. I still accepted it. I loved the performance but the color was not my intended choice and I always felt in awe of white on white Teslas (this was a MSM/white). Anyways, a year later I sold that one too and got a white on white Model S last year in October and I finally felt great because White/White Tesla has always been my fav color and I thought I was on top of the world.....then Refresh Model S LR/Plaid were announced two months later and here I am :rolleyes:
Talk about first world problems :p

But for real though, get what you really want. Also I do think LR is a better value because it's definitely quick enough and people on LR forums are raving about it.

Ladies and Gentlemen,
Image 7-1-21 at 1.19 PM.jpg

I can't take it any longer!! I have made the wheel change today to the 21 inch. Fingers crossed I get a VIN in the near future. I am over 6 months into the process and premium gas is getting really expensive!! LOL!!

How's the wh/mile on Plaid? Can someone with Plaid confirm the energy usage on it? Just trying to see how efficient it is. I have to sell my 2020 S in the next couple of weeks so I am really considering switching to Arachnids and then switching to Tempest wheels afterwards.
IIRC mine is about 330 Wh/mi so far, but that includes weird things like multiple 0-60 runs and the like.

I just got the first pictures of my car. Everything looks pretty good except the front portion of the drivers side rear door. Paint looks dull and not shiny. I can’t tell if it is residue, or actual damage to the paint. Bad touch up maybe? The area of concern is the last picture below. What do you guys think this is? Car is going for tint and PPF later. I will find out more after detail shop looks at it.

The other obvious issue is the interior door panel alignment. Same problem we have seen with all of the other cars. The one issue that keeps @Tigers up at night is proudly showing its face once again.

View attachment 680233View attachment 680234View attachment 680235View attachment 680237View attachment 680238View attachment 680239View attachment 680240View attachment 680241View attachment 680242View attachment 680245
Thanks for the pictures !
The caliper seem to be paint in glossy black like the Plaid ?
Enjoy the LR and give some feedback of the acceleration if you can!

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Here's pictures of front and back All Weather mats purchased from Tesla Shop last week. They all fit perfectly. Online shop chat reps are vindicated! :D

Frunk and trunk mats coming tomorrow. Will post further updates at that time.

The only nit would be that the rear mat 'tabs' at the top are a tad smaller than the carpets that the car comes with. Still has more than adequate coverage IMO and largely depends on how far back or forward you pull the front seats. Not sure if Tesla will update these for refresh spec since they like to keep it simple, so may just continue selling the single size for a while yet.

Overall, pretty happy I don't have to return these!

Attachments

• IMG_0281.jpg
    IMG_0281.jpg
    897.2 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_0282.jpg
    IMG_0282.jpg
    955.5 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_0284.jpg
    IMG_0284.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 69
  • IMG_0285.jpg
    IMG_0285.jpg
    1,008.4 KB · Views: 83
Another day with no vin … also called 3 different people at Tesla today about changing my wheels or getting matched to a vehicle … once again told if I do that I would be on the new pricing 🤦‍♂️
Who are you even calling my dude? Share the extension or some sugar with us lol I am trying to speak to a human at Fremont about my order. Don't wanna waste time with my SA. She told me they've been delivering a mix of 21" and 19" wheels lol how misinformed you have to be to make that ****ing claim!

Here's pictures of front and back All Weather mats purchased from Tesla Shop last week. They all fit perfectly. Online shop chat reps are vindicated! :D

Frunk and trunk mats coming tomorrow. Will post further updates at that time.

The only nit would be that the rear mat 'tabs' at the top are a tad smaller than the carpets that the car comes with. Still has more than adequate coverage IMO and largely depends on how far back or forward you pull the front seats. Not sure if Tesla will update these for refresh spec since they like to keep it simple, so may just continue selling the single size for a while yet.

Overall, pretty happy I don't have to return these!
Looks great! Which trunk and frunk mats did you get?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid