Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh since I'm on a plane and travelbored, one other observation:

When I was at the Naperville store, I watched them carefully unload three refresh cars and then the truck left with 5 more to deliver, presumably elsewhere in Chicagoland. As the truck left, it dragged the ones on the top of the carrier along a tree and I cringed the cringiest cringe ever. If you want to know why they show up with scratches from the factory, I've witnessed a reason.

Don't drink it, omar!

I bought a bottle when they first did it (kinda jokingly)..... No intentions on opening it. It sits in my wet bar and looks great
Totally off topic for this thread, but the Tesla lifestyle shop has empty bottles on sale right now for $150 (minus the $100 tequila, I guess).
I snagged one, against my better judgement, lol.

Oh since I'm on a plane and travelbored, one other observation:

When I was at the Naperville store, I watched them carefully unload three refresh cars and then the truck left with 5 more to deliver, presumably elsewhere in Chicagoland. As the truck left, it dragged the ones on the top of the carrier along a tree and I cringed the cringiest cringe ever. If you want to know why they show up with scratches from the factory, I've witnessed a reason.

I saw that car at Highland Park the other day (I think). They dropped off 5 plaids and 3 were left in parking spots at the front of store (and one was then driven off I think by the buyer) but 2 were sent for service (and were still there yesterday when I drove past). They're in the back lot at that location. One was MSM and the other blue (in the back lot).

Trunk mats came in early! Trunk fit is 'fair'. Top and bottom are snug. The sides are contoured differently. This will likely need a new version from Tesla. I'm keeping this on because it is more than adequate for my purposes.

The 3rd row footwell mat fitment is poor. This one definitely needs update.

Only frunk to go now! Fingers crossed it fits well.

Attachments

• IMG_0286.jpg
    IMG_0286.jpg
    761.4 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_0289.jpg
    IMG_0289.jpg
    532 KB · Views: 70
It is, um, tequila--my wife and I had a shot and it is back on the shelf. Maybe when it's eventually empty I'll fill it with some Whistle Pig or a nice bourbon.
Try half n' half Whistle Pig and Knob Creek :D
I've got two Tesla Tequilas and saving one for LR delivery for sure.

Picked my Plaid up in Houston yesterday.

HoustonTesla.jpg

As much as Tesla has been a pain getting this crammed through to beat Q2 numbers, the folks in Houston couldn't have been more helpful. Huge kudos goes out to Shawn and Veronica (pictured) for their help in the last few days of delivery!

First note: Even having been a Ludicrous driver for 5 years, the performance difference in this car is insane. The jump off the line is comparable, but after that the Plaid just keeps it comin'. It does not let up until you do. This sensation is at nearly any speed. Yeah, it's quick.

That said, everything else about the car is refined... road noise, wind noise, overall feel is greatly improved.

My pre-delivery observations:

1) Didn't like the yoke steering. Still don't... for low speed or parking lot use. I could get used to the highway use. I do like the additional visibility of the DIC and road. I did find that resting my left hand on it bumps the light button, which flashes the high beams. I flashed a lot of people by accident. Even though I am a long time motorcycle rider and should be used to push button signals, the buttons on the yoke are very inconsistent. Sometimes I seem to need to smash them, other times brushing them works. I need to read how to "lane change" them... 3 flashes then turn off.

2) Horizontal screen. I apparently never saw a good side shot of the screen. I didn't like it because I though it would look like an after thought just haphazardly attached to the dash. It is actually "half" integrated. This annoyance I get can use to.

3) Swiping the screen to move. Don't like that. I seem to randomly be able to use the buttons below the mobile device pads, but that is also inconsistent. Probably something I'm doing. I'll use those over the screen swipe. I haven't tried enabling "auto" selection yet.

My first attempt at a 0-60 run in my 2 day old LR with 21” wheels. Didn’t engage launch mode, battery at 85%, not a great bit of road (understatement), slight uphill gradient. I have little doubt this car has more to give than what this rookie got this morning ….looking forward to seeing some 3.0’s, 2.8’s with roll out I reckon…View attachment 680028
Same exact numbers with my P3D Stealth. damn amazing for a heavy car that is not even considered a Performance version.

Hey everyone. Can someone answer my question.

1st time ordering a new Tesla with Tesla.

I want to go with my bank and asked Tesla people over the phone/chat/etc a few times already but never got an answer. I have placed an order but did not finish the last steps about payment, cause I don't want to hurt my score a couple of times since pre-approval is good for only 30 days at my bank. If I will leave the payment info blank will it affect the delivery process and VIN assighment? Or I will never get a VIN and purchase agreement until I will complete the payment info?

My thoughts are to complete the financial stuff asap when they will give me the VIN and purchase agreement.

BTW I have placed my order last week, on June 24th, and got a call from Tesla last Saturday and they told me delivery will take "a few weeks". Account still shows July for delivery. But I doubt I will get a car before August or even September.
Plaid / Black outside / White interior / CF / 21"

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Hey everyone. Can someone answer my question.

1st time ordering a new Tesla with Tesla.

I want to go with my bank and asked Tesla people over the phone/chat/etc a few times already but never got an answer. I have placed an order but did not finish the last steps about payment, cause I don't want to hurt my score a couple of times since pre-approval is good for only 30 days at my bank. If I will leave the payment info blank will it affect the delivery process and VIN assighment? Or I will never get a VIN and purchase agreement until I will complete the payment info?

My thoughts are to complete the financial stuff asap when they will give me the VIN and purchase agreement.

BTW I have placed my order last week, on June 24th, and got a call from Tesla last Saturday and they told me delivery will take "a few weeks". Account still shows July for delivery. But I doubt I will get a car before August or even September.
Plaid / Black outside / White interior / CF / 21"
I'm in Texas, so a little different in that I have to pay in full before they ship. For me I selected Tesla's finance options for a loan, which completed the steps needed (told they lock it in for 90 days). Once I get a VIN, I'll use BOA to get a lower rate - which Tesla will match. Hope this helps a bit.

This is probably a newb question but I'll ask anyway. Still relatively new to EVs so no hating please.

If a home doesn't have a garage, how is a Tesla charged that stay's outside? Does a 220V outlet need to be installed right outside the house ?
It is technically against code to go through a door or window, so you should put something outside, yeah. I drilled through the wall and put one of these on the outside of the house: https://www.lowes.com/pd/Eaton-50-Amp-GFCI-Receptacles-Overhead-Temporary-Power-Panel/3027570

I just got the first pictures of my car. Everything looks pretty good except the front portion of the drivers side rear door. Paint looks dull and not shiny. I can’t tell if it is residue, or actual damage to the paint. Bad touch up maybe? The area of concern is the last picture below. What do you guys think this is? Car is going for tint and PPF later. I will find out more after detail shop looks at it.

The other obvious issue is the interior door panel alignment. Same problem we have seen with all of the other cars. The one issue that keeps @Tigers up at night is proudly showing its face once again.

View attachment 680233View attachment 680234View attachment 680235View attachment 680237View attachment 680238View attachment 680239View attachment 680240View attachment 680241View attachment 680242View attachment 680245
I dislike you for 2 primary reasons. 1) Your tropical environment/climate, and 2) You've gone to Plaid.