Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just to add another data point for comparison, my old 2020 Model S Performance ran the following on an unprepared surface and stock 19” wheels/tires and high 90% state of charge. It would run these numbers pretty consistently, but not back to back, as the car needed a fair amount of time to regulate the battery temp, etc. Also, it’s so fun to see the new LR stats, I’m impressed!

0-60 2.38 sec (1 ft rollout)
0-100 6.14 sec
1/8 mile 6.69 @104.9
1/4 mile [email protected] (let out a little early)

Last edited:
Just to add another data point for comparison, my old 2020 Model S Performance ran the following on an unprepared surface and stock 19” wheels/tires. It would run these numbers pretty consistently. Also, it’s so fun to see the new LR stats, I’m impressed!

0-100 6.14 sec
1/8 mile 6.69 @104.9

How was the quarter mile time and trap speed?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I know many ppl still ask about soc but I thought with the new, denser battery technology, the soc really doesn't matter any more? Seems like other new MS Plaid owners and even Randy Pobst & MT all have said that with the new battery technology and s/w, the refresh MS pulls just as strong at 30% soc as it does at 100% (and they all have the data numbers to back that up). What am I missing here? 🤔
In a recent dragtimes video, he showed the plaid was 3-4mph faster in the 1/8th at 98% compared to 50% soc which is a 3% difference.
In my P100D, the performance loss at 50% would have definitely been way more than 3% compared to 98% soc. My P100D seemed to lose quite a bit of power under 70%.

In a recent dragtimes video, he showed the plaid was 3-4mph faster in the 1/8th at 98% compared to 50% soc which is a 3% difference.
In my P100D, the performance loss at 50% would have definitely been way more than 3% compared to 98% soc.
if I am at 50% SOC.....i probably would not even gun it. that's just me....I will re-charge 😁

Just to add another data point for comparison, my old 2020 Model S Performance ran the following on an unprepared surface and stock 19” wheels/tires and high 90% state of charge. It would run these numbers pretty consistently, but not back to back, as the car needed a fair amount of time to regulate the battery temp, etc. Also, it’s so fun to see the new LR stats, I’m impressed!

0-100 6.14 sec
1/8 mile 6.69 @104.9
1/4 mile [email protected] (let out a little early)
These are impressive numbers :) . The earlier P100Ds had similar 0-60 but were definitely not this impressive in the 1/8th and 1/4..

Here are some fresh Dragy results for everyone. 82% SoC and 72 degrees out. Car was in insane mode with Cheetah stance activated.
........0-100 MPH 6.74 seconds and 558.39 FT
Unfortunately, I don't have an accurate 1/8 mile time because I let up at 100 MPH thinking the car wouldn't trap much faster than that in the 1/8th. I was WRONG!

This is P100D territory with a significantly slower 0-60. This car pulls hard and doesn't let up. Doing a 60-100 pull, this car will be significantly faster than an older Performance Model S. The car is somehow making up for a 0-60 that is 6 or 7/10ths slower.

View attachment 6822906
The LR is significantly lighter (~10%) than the old P100D, and with less power fade. IIRC P100D was down to 660hp or so at the end of a quarter mile run. So power to weight could be > 10% better than the P100D at the end of the quarter mile. Pretty crazy for the “slow” version of a car.

The LR is significantly lighter (~10%) than the old P100D, and with less power fade. IIRC P100D was down to 660hp or so at the end of a quarter mile run. So power to weight could be > 10% better than the P100D at the end of the quarter mile. Pretty crazy for the “slow” version of a car.
And imagine a few years from now, the possibility of a "slow" version of the Model S being on par with today's Plaid?? Yowza on what is down the road.

On another note... guys take a look at how well the Plaid still performs at 30% SOC:

The one thing that surprises me watching some of these recent videos are the empty roads. Unfortunately, it's nothing like that here. Too many cars and traffic everywhere all day from 7am - 9pm. I do know a few quiet safe places to go for some fun but they're 20-30 min away.