Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
GUUUUUYYYYYYYYSSSS!!!! :eek:

He hit 1.3 G's early on so this car was hauling. Trap Speed somewhere in between 152-153 mph it look like. That 60 ft looked like it was less than1.5 too!

Last edited:
I took my LR car in for service today to have some issues I discovered at delivery fixed. The car will be there for a couple of weeks, so they gave me a Model S loaner car. I guess they still do offer Model S loaners, but maybe they don’t offer them to 3/Y owners. Not sure 🤔

Anyways, I have a vegan leather defect with several wrinkles on the drivers seat bolster and I asked if they could have the upholstery shop fix it. He said he would just get me a brand new drivers seat from Fremont. Has anyone ever heard of this? That sounded a bit extreme for a small section of vegan leather.

View attachment 682831
I wonder if they feel like it is just beyond fixable. Or cheaper to get a new seat. Considering the amount of spots in that photo, I would take the new seat.

As predicted... Model S and X prices are going up... ;)

Last month, Tesla finally started deliveries of the new Model S – starting with the new Plaid top performance version, which also saw a $10,000 price increase last month. Now in an update to its online configurator, Tesla has decided to quietly implement a new $5,000 price increase for the base Long Range version of the flagship electric sedan:
Tesla-Model-S-price-july-2021.jpg

The price jumps from $79,990 to $84,990 for the Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive Long Range version while the Plaid, which comes with faster acceleration and higher top speed, still starts at $129,990. Tesla had only started recently delivering the new Long Range Model S after focusing on Plaid deliveries last quarter.
At the same time, Tesla also increased the base price of the Model X, which now starts at $94,990:

Last edited:
I took my LR car in for service today to have some issues I discovered at delivery fixed. The car will be there for a couple of weeks, so they gave me a Model S loaner car. I guess they still do offer Model S loaners, but maybe they don’t offer them to 3/Y owners. Not sure 🤔

Anyways, I have a vegan leather defect with several wrinkles on the drivers seat bolster and I asked if they could have the upholstery shop fix it. He said he would just get me a brand new drivers seat from Fremont. Has anyone ever heard of this? That sounded a bit extreme for a small section of vegan leather.

View attachment 682831
Still can't get used to the rebranding of vinyl. 😂

I don't really understand all of the angst associated with the front license plate bracket. It comes off really easily and leaves no damage or holes behind. It seems like a nonissue. I think we are lucky that we don't need to order bumper plugs to cover some unsightly holes. Several members have removed it themselves in a matter of minutes. My detail shop removed it without issue. They said it took less than 5 minutes to remove it and they didn't even charge me for the removal.

tempImageilCo9J.jpg

View attachment 682831
It is probably the outer covering of the seat, I had my leather replaced years ago on my Thunderbird, basically the surface can be removed and a new one slid on, at least in my case.

View attachment 682831

My seat in the P100D looked identical to this. I hated letting the car go so I never had it looked at. I’d leave it but that’s just me.
Edit: or have it looked at when it’s already at service.

I don't really understand all of the angst associated with the front license plate bracket. It comes off really easily and leaves no damage or holes behind. It seems like a nonissue. I think we are lucky that we don't need to order bumper plugs to cover some unsightly holes. Several members have removed it themselves in a matter of minutes. My detail shop removed it without issue. They said it took less than 5 minutes to remove it and they didn't even charge me for the removal.

View attachment 682832
It looks sooo much better without the plate holder, luckily my state doesn't issue front plates.