Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Love the color. I'm trying to convince The Wife to get the Blue S but she's stuck on black. Do you have some clear outdoor and indoor
pics you could post?
I sure will take some new photos, but that will have to wait until I get back home and wash my car. I drove through a massive thunderstorm on my way up, and I have bird crap all over the roof and windshield at the moment. I couldn't do black b/c we already have three black cars in our household. Starting to look like a funeral home. To me, blue is the best color on the S. I just can't do red though it looks amazing, and everything else just looks "normal" to me. Blue with Arachnids is amazing to me.

I sure will take some new photos, but that will have to wait until I get back home and wash my car. I drove through a massive thunderstorm on my way up, and I have bird crap all over the roof and windshield at the moment. I couldn't do black b/c we already have three black cars in our household. Starting to look like a funeral home. To me, blue is the best color on the S. I just can't do red though it looks amazing, and everything else just looks "normal" to me. Blue with Arachnids is amazing to me.

Never thought I’d order a blue car. But yet here I am.

I understand it's fairly simple to remove and takes a few minutes for anyone to do, but seriously, I do not understand why all Tesla Service Ctr's refuse to do this after we spend > $100k (and some of us > $146k) on a vehicle that has that stupid front plate holder in a state that does not require it? I mean they can fix just about anything on any Tesla vehicle BUT won't remove the front license plate holder? Really...WTF??? Again, not one to complain much anymore about Tesla (as a company and its policies and business practices) but this is simply PISS POOR Customer Service! 🤬 Can anyone imagine a MB or Porsche dealership saying, "um sorry, no we don't do that; you'll just have to get on your hands and knees and rip it off yourself sir"...to the 74 year old who just spent $180k on his Porsche 911T or MB S63 AMG. Yeah, um, no, I don't think so!
I read somewhere (or one of the gazillion you tube videos i have watched in last 2 months) that the tip of the hood comes forward further than before and hence this license plate holder will be the first point of contact preventing the hood from bending if you happen to gently push against am object when parking in garage.. Made sense to me as a work around for them rather than redesigning the hood profile

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I don't really understand all of the angst associated with the front license plate bracket. It comes off really easily and leaves no damage or holes behind. It seems like a nonissue. I think we are lucky that we don't need to order bumper plugs to cover some unsightly holes. Several members have removed it themselves in a matter of minutes. My detail shop removed it without issue. They said it took less than 5 minutes to remove it and they didn't even charge me for the removal.

View attachment 682832
What happened to your Tesla logo on the front grill?

Love the color. I'm trying to convince The Wife to get the Blue S but she's stuck on black. Do you have some clear outdoor and indoor
pics you could post?
I had a blue on order and had to change to black at the last minute thanks to my wife! I don’t regret the switch one bit.
What happened to your Tesla logo on the front grill?
I believe the logo is being painted in Bentley black by the body shop.

Got the windows tinted yesterday...

Attachments

• 2021-07-06 (1).jpg
    2021-07-06 (1).jpg
    641.6 KB · Views: 76
  • 2021-07-06 (2).jpg
    2021-07-06 (2).jpg
    626.1 KB · Views: 66