Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
An update for you all. Just got an Estimated Delivery of July on the car I ordered today. A car with white interior. Not counting on it but had to report the news here.

My older order remains blank.
I had June as delivery date until 6/26th and it's been blank ever since. It doesn't mean much. Their website does this *sugar* to honeydick people who placed new orders lol
Okay, I'll play. I'll place an order right now in the same config as mine but with 21" wheels since 19" wheels are basically dead so let's see what happens 😂
All this talk of late July production and August delivery sounds like garbage to me. I am thinking we aren't seeing tempest Plaid delivery until September or October. We don't have much of a choice but to wait.

[cross-post from LR tracking thread]

Despite what a local SA said this morning about a possible VIN by end of next week, I got one today! Refreshing every 5 minutes does pay off. My heart skipped a beat and I was so excited I hit Cancel by mistake....abort! abort! But all is well....

Only thing now is that estimated delivery says August, rather than July 12-19, but I'm not sure that means anything.
1625960602999.png

Jim, are you Bethesda SC, or Owings Mills? I'm a bit tilted that I haven't been able to do better than "August" given my order date and the rash of VINs and EDD windows coming in lately. Sadly, I'm at Owings Mills, so I'm guessing this is partly a question of how much volume they're doing, and I'm betting it's a lot less than Bethesda.
Owings mills for me also

Despite what a local SA said this morning about a possible VIN by end of next week, I got one today! Refreshing every 5 minutes does pay off. My heart skipped a beat and I was so excited I hit Cancel by mistake....abort! abort! But all is well....

Only thing now is that estimated delivery says August, rather than July 12-19, but I'm not sure that means anything.
View attachment 683330
So a VIN on July 10, and delivery in August. And my delivery is “JULY” with no VIN. Yah September it is. 🙃🔫

So a VIN on July 10, and delivery in August. And my delivery is “JULY” with no VIN. Yah September it is. 🙃🔫
@legend_of_jim said that he also had August after getting a VIN, then 3 hours later got a narrow July range. So not all hope is lost for you or me for a July delivery. Hang in there!

Serious question. How are you getting a delivery in Texas so quick? With the bassackwardness of the state and all. I assume you had a vin and took care of the financials weeks ago?
BlikBlik, what are you finding bassackwards? Personally, I am shocked that I have received NOOOOOOO information or updates from the Dallas Tesla dealer that I ordered from. Absolutely zero communication from them. Even calling today, no answer, and the call "passed through" to a Tesla Call Center. That's just shocking for a place/salespersons that expect a commission from a $100k car!!

BlikBlik, what are you finding bassackwards? Personally, I am shocked that I have received NOOOOOOO information or updates from the Dallas Tesla dealer that I ordered from. Absolutely zero communication from them. Even calling today, no answer, and the call "passed through" to a Tesla Call Center. That's just shocking for a place/salespersons that expect a commission from a $100k car!!
Tesla doesn't give commissions to sales associates, which probably explains why they could care less about our orders =/

View attachment 683330

Congrats on the VIN...

It is usual to get a VIN without a more specific date - let alone 1 month out?

Mine was goofy. I was told September by the SA after pressing him and a week later (while actually at an Audi dealer test driving). I rec'd my VIN and delivered in June.

Do not read too much into the Tesla nonsense. You will be getting is soon I am sure.

For everyone in Cali that has a July date, you realize it can be delivered in a day right? I think that is why you all have a month, but no VIN. And others have a VIN, but next month. The latter will likely update in the coming days to a more specific range.

Also wondering if they are doing their quarter strategy (East coast, Mid, West Coast) every month instead of quarter to purge the backlog. Just speculating.

There’s literally not a single thing you can do with someone’s VIN, other than find out their trade in value 😅. Ever hear of VIN fraud? 😅 If you think someone can “copy” your VIN to their car then in theory they can literally just change their VIN to any VIN with random last 3 digits to “get many things”
While there may not be much a bad actor could do with just a VIN, identity theft in general gets easier the more individual pieces of information they can get on you. There's not much to gain and potentially much to lose by posting personal info like that. You don't want to be the one asking, at some point in the future, "What made me think it was OK to post that information in a public forum?"

View attachment 683330
Imma gonna start refreshing all the ways!!!!

An update for you all. Just got an Estimated Delivery of July on the car I ordered today. A car with white interior. Not counting on it but had to report the news here.

My older order remains blank.
I ended up placing an order with exact config as mine but with 21" wheels. EDD: July 🤣

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20210710-215114_Samsung Internet.jpg
    SmartSelect_20210710-215114_Samsung Internet.jpg
    289.7 KB · Views: 55