Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While not a 29 year old car, I love my 08 M5, and to me it’s still cool. A naturally aspirated V10 engine, a clunky single clutch automated transmission!
I can take the engine apart and put it back together with my eyes closed.
That was an awesome car
Why crush the innovation that Tesla brings by not being a traditional company. At first I thought why make a car fart that is stupid but I saw that it did not detract from anything (other than @sflgator quality of life apparently). The company is unorthodox and the CEO is on the spectrum - who cares??

I bet if the car did not fart it would not do 2 seconds. Those two types of genius walk together.
I used to have this argument all the time in he early days--want a conventional CEO, you'll get conventional results.

Can you send picture
Here’s my Plaid’s yoke. You have to look microscopically close to notice.
C2A219C9-3D7B-4B9C-AA07-B025BB9DE73F.jpeg

Last edited:
Awaiting my first Tesla with delivery date of August. The electrician I talked to for installing the wall charger is saying that Model S does not make full use of the Wall Charger capabilities (unless you have 2 or more Tesla's - Which I dont have yet, and maybe in a year or so). He is saying why spend $500 if you dont have to and will put a Nema 14-50 instead. Is that right info? I thought the Model S refresh improved the charging capabilities... Kind of confused. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Does anyone else (LR or Plaid) have stitching in the back of top left corner of the Yoke not completely 'put together'? There's a section that's sticking out and I keep picking at it with my index finger as I drive and I fear I'll make it worse. I wonder if this is standard on all Yokes similar to the 'vein'? It's one of those nit-picky things I am not at all bothered by, but mostly looking to identify if it is a pattern or one-off.

I will take a photo when I get a chance.
This is what I am talking about. Back of top left corner of yoke is seemingly not tucked in. Anyone else have this?

Attachments

• 8C20ABA9-104A-44E4-8259-29109547B8AD.jpeg
    8C20ABA9-104A-44E4-8259-29109547B8AD.jpeg
    327.5 KB · Views: 75
While not a 29 year old car, I love my 08 M5, and to me it’s still cool. A naturally aspirated V10 engine, a clunky single clutch automated transmission!
I can take the engine apart and put it back together with my eyes closed.
I miss my 1988 e28 M5 and the joys of sorting thru valve shims with a micrometer to adjust the valves. Another highlight that it was geared to hit the 155mph limiter right at redline, just like a race car. Meant cruising down I-5 the very loud engine was running at 3500rpm all the way. Wonderful car but yet awful to drive… EXCEPT ON TRACKDAYS!

I’m not sure what email you are referring to. I received a VIN in my account and never received any notification from Tesla. I called my SA a couple of days later and scheduled delivery over the phone. I’m sure if I was waiting to get an email, I’d probably still be waiting.
I got a text only. Only my account showed the tentative delivery appt.

Why crush the innovation that Tesla brings by not being a traditional company. At first I thought why make a car fart that is stupid but I saw that it did not detract from anything (other than @sflgator quality of life apparently). The company is unorthodox and the CEO is on the spectrum - who cares??

I bet if the car did not fart it would not do 2 seconds. Those two types of genius walk together.
It’s amazing how much exhaust the car has in that mode, even without an ICE. In fact, that may be an integral part of drag strip mode using spacex and spaceballs technology.

My New MS Plaid comes Thursday. I need to sell my 2017 P100D. (im in NJ) Any suggestions where to do this?? Vroom offered me a decent amount of money but I did a little research and they might be a little sketchy. Their BBB accreditation was REVOKED in 1/2021 for bad business practices. I think Im going to not sell them the car.

Thanks

Trifecta
following, also in NJ. And with you in a Plaid and me eventually in a LR I really would be following! ;). Congrats!

Awaiting my first Tesla with delivery date of August. The electrician I talked to for installing the wall charger is saying that Model S does not make full use of the Wall Charger capabilities (unless you have 2 or more Tesla's - Which I dont have yet, and maybe in a year or so). He is saying why spend $500 if you dont have to and will put a Nema 14-50 instead. Is that right info? I thought the Model S refresh improved the charging capabilities... Kind of confused. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.
Go with the wall charger, this way you keep the mobile charger (or whatever they call it these days) in the car so it's there when you travel. Plugging and unplugging the 14-50 will eventually wear it out and could cause overheating or even a fire.

Got the call that my model S arrived in Plano, exterior checked out however one trim defect on the interior which the replacement part needs to be shipped out (which could take 5 business days) potentially delaying delivery few days. They would not release it and let me bring it back in when the part arrives either. Uncomfortable position as I had to remove my car and add the tesla to insurance, make final payment, and send in my trade in paperwork since I live in Texas. The advisor called back and they will try and expedite the part. Should I make another run at getting the car before the replacement part arrives?
Yes

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
This is incorrect. You want a 60A circuit. The MS will charge at 48A continuous and you have to have the overhead as that 50A setup is not rated for 48A continuous.

You will only get 32A with a 14-50 and mobile charger/connector.

Screenshot_20210711-215433_Tesla~2.jpg

Last edited: