Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally got the ride! Love it! Question - does Spotify come with the $9.99 / month connectivity thing or do you have to buy that and a Spotify subscription?
Spotify, Hulu, Netflix, YouTube Red, YouTube TV, YouTube Music and whatever other streaming service is not part of the connectivity package. You need your own subscription.

Slacker is the only free thing. And try it. You will figure out why it’s free.

A few words about tire grip.

Yes, in a Newtonian sense, the coefficient of friction is unitless and determined by the constant properties of the 2 materials in contact and the force applied to them. In this perfect case, the grip is constant regardless of area in contact as long as the force remains constant. In this mental exercise the blocks are flat and do not change shape or properties.

However, tires aren't blocks in a lab. It's obvious and intuitive if you watch any kind of motorsports that wider tires do indeed give you more grip. They also last longer. I won't fully explain why but consider this first, rubber (especially race rubber) heats, deforms and flows. Now visualize the pavement, it's not smooth. It has nooks and crannies that the gooey mess of rubber can flow into and press against like a foothold or ledge. A rock climber doesn't stick to El Capitan without tiny ledges. The more rubber can get into these crannies, the more it can grip outside of it's straight coefficient of friction. The wider the better.

The harder and colder the tire compound is, the more Newtonian the behavior will be. The hotter and softer the compound, the more other factors come into play.

Quick addition:

Even in the simplified Newtonian definition, you can increase coefficient of friction by making the compound softer and compensate for wear by making it wider.... see how that works too.
As a distant relative of Sir Isaac, I salute your observations.

“…They are working as quickly as humanly possible to provide your and other Plaid+ customer’s their vehicle...”

Hopefully what he says is true and the Plaid+ converts will get our cars soon 🤞🏻

I too reached out to the person who called me to convert from Plaid+ asking for confirmation that we haven’t been erased. I wonder if they can move us off the high priority list…then we’d actually have a shot at delivery!

Fortunately, I kept my cool in the email and politely finished it with:

F1CD43E7-FE5F-4D7F-8DEF-4FD7D01D2CF9.jpeg

Do not forget the extra $5K from the price increase. Now $9,500. And there’s no guarantee that you will get your car any faster. Plenty of people are now bitching about upgrading and not getting their car.
The world would burn starting from this forum if the 19s are still not delivered come September, Tesla adds another $5K price increase and starts offering people the ability to ‘upgrade’ their wheels to get the car before EoQ.

$15K in pure profit for Tesla. Pop your popcorn folks!

70% is almost transparent and not easily perceptible to the naked eye. You could go 70% and ceramic for added protection.
Btw, I am in CA too and have always had 30% or darker with no issues. My Audi A5 had 20% and I got several compliments from cops telling me how good the car looked.
CA person here. On my first Model S I did 35% front, 15% on the back and never once got a ticket in 3 yrs. With my Model 3 I did 15% all around and did get ticketed once.

The boss is on the fence. $4500 and range reduction is slightly more important than the wait. But she is sliding slowly toward the 21s.
Is it worth $14,500 ? I tried several times and was told I'd have to pay the additional $10k. TA also explained my RN number would stay the same but the date the change is made is like placing a new order on that date which means there's no guarantee I'd even get a car quicker if I decided to switch.

Is it worth $14,500 ? I tried several times and was told I'd have to pay the additional $10k. TA also explained my RN number would stay the same but the date the change is made is like placing a new order on that date which means there's no guarantee I'd even get a car quicker if I decided to switch.
This would seem to confirm Plaid+ orders on 9/22/2020 converted on 6/19/21 reset the clock and our delivery is in-line with ordering on that date. So August/September it is. Likely EOQ.

CA person here. On my first Model S I did 35% front, 15% on the back and never once got a ticket in 3 yrs. With my Model 3 I did 15% all around and did get ticketed once.
The tint laws in NY are the same as CA so you just need to have a doctor sign a DMV tint exemption form and then send in to DMV. Worked great for me but
you need a doctor to sign the form. Make an appointment with an eye doctor and tell him/her that you have photophobia associated with an ophthalmic disorder. In English it means the sun bothers your eyes ha.

People on this list have the cleanest garages! I had a remote service guy come for my current S and spent like half a day trying to make the garage presentable 😅

Whenever I get mine, I'm going to have to drive it somewhere nice to take photos
Savage 😂
Thank you. I was always dreaming about a nice garage and after purchasing the house did it :) still a lot of work but looking good overall 😀

Your confusing that generation with Millennials. Most Gen Xers didn't have internet until they were at least in their 20's.
This is correct. 41-56 years old. I’m on the higher end, so yes, i guess I’m impatient, but didn’t have a cell phone until well into my 20’s. I had a bag phone for crying out loud. anyway, stupidly off topic.

I realize shortages, etc. but was there ever a time a specific wheel config was holding up orders with Tesla in the past? I don’t remember that kind of thing with the Model 3, other than Perf was the way to go to get the car faster.