Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Back on topic. Delivery date is still blank.
Your day will come. Two weeks and counting. Loan is processed. waiting to make final payment before delivery.
Image 7-15-21 at 7.24 PM.jpg

Life has crept back into my social time...

Have over 2k miles now on it in two weeks. By the end of July, I should be at approx 8k miles and 10 different states.

No new problems - rattle in back gets loud sometimes but cannot pin it down. Taking into service next week - and they have been great on cimmunication with me and asking follow-up. I told them I needed the car back in two days and they said they will fix what they can, diagnosis/order the remainder and finish when I get back from the trip. Actually pretty easy.

Now just finish delivery on the promises (ANC, Sirius, tri-zone, etc.).

Car just keeps giving. Still sold on it 110%.
So happy for you!! I am afraid that when I take delivery in two weeks I will be like @hayssed_MS that I won't come onto the site and watch this slow motion train wreck to its conclusion. I hope it is a little of both.
Congrats again on your car. Glad you love it.

What y’all think about stealth protection? I am thinking of getting stealth ppf for my blue Plaid. It gives the look of a BMW frozen blue but I never had a matte ppf done before. I got a quote for $7500
I ordered a blue as well and am thinking about stealth PPF as well. I've seen some matte blue mercs and bmw's and it doesn't have the same effect as a gunmetal grey or black. Also, the deep blue metallic is beautiful in the sun and I'm not sure I want to lose that effect. I think it will be a game-time decision when it is delivered and I will either go full stealth or full front clear and ceramic coat the rest. I am also considering doing a 3M color wrap and have it be nardo grey Check Out This 'Nardo Gray' Tesla Model 3

What y’all think about stealth protection? I am thinking of getting stealth ppf for my blue Plaid. It gives the look of a BMW frozen blue but I never had a matte ppf done before. I got a quote for $7500
I personally only like stealth on black or msm. Never liked it on Blue. Probably going to do a full clear ppF plus ceramic. But that combo is $9K. Lol

I agree

However, I def have saved sufficiently (and continue to do so) for retirement. But, I preach to everyone to "never buy new, try to aim for 2-3 yr old used that still has some bumper to bumper warranty remaining to mitigate some risk while letting the original buyer of the car be the sucker who gets the depreciation hit".

Meanwhile? I have a NEW LR on order. LOL. Not taking my own advice!

(But the way I look at it, $80k or so less that my heirs wont be dividing up at some point in the future. Oh well).

2018 MD is $105K on Tesla site. Your LR has equity now, lol.

I personally only like stealth on black or msm. Never liked it on Blue. Probably going to do a full clear ppF plus ceramic. But that combo is $9K. Lol
The new Suntek Reaction PPF has a ceramic coating built in. I just installed it on my Plaid full coverage for 7K. It has been out for about 4-5 months. It has the best finish I have seen on a wrapped car. I have two others side by side in the same garage. Both have Xpel and cannot compare in terms of the luster and smoothness.

This has been a somewhat known thing for a decent amount of time now, but I thought I'd share some findings relating to it - Tesla hides a lot of information about your order (and your car's production status) in the source code of the management page for your order (to get there, go to the page, right click, and click "view page source.) Found some things in there I thought I would share:
  1. A somewhat interesting looking field that might be worth ctrl+f'searching on your page is isNotMatchedToRa00Vin - my guess is that this is related to if your car has been "soft-matched" to a VIN yet that won't show on your actual management page. Has two values - true and false. True essentially means (and this is all my best guess) that you're stuck in nowhereland and don't have a softmatch yet, and that false means that your car has been produced or has been "sent for production." Consistent with my blank EDD, I have a value of "true" here.
  2. Tying back to that first one, and the more known of the two things with the source page - you can sometimes find your VIN hidden in here. If the previous value is false, try searching for 5YJ and seeing if you get any matches that resemble an actual VIN or an encoded VIN that they have started to replace that with in the source pages.
Just a few thoughts.

Quick edit - could someone with a VIN possibly go check to see what their values are for these two just to confirm my suspicions?

So happy for you!! I am afraid that when I take delivery in two weeks I will be like @hayssed_MS that I won't come onto the site and watch this slow motion train wreck to its conclusion. I hope it is a little of both.
I got mine June 29th and I'm still here until everyone gets them

Does anyone know if the mats for the 2020 S fit the refreshed model? I have a brand new unopened box
I don’t think so unfortunately.
Note: Compatible with Model S vehicles produced in 2021+.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid

Thanks.

Trying to stay on to share experience and give some hope.

Sorry if i missed it but any 1/4 mile numbers fro
This has been a somewhat known thing for a decent amount of time now, but I thought I'd share some findings relating to it - Tesla hides a lot of information about your order (and your car's production status) in the source code of the management page for your order (to get there, go to the page, right click, and click "view page source.) Found some things in there I thought I would share:
  1. A somewhat interesting looking field that might be worth ctrl+f'searching on your page is isNotMatchedToRa00Vin - my guess is that this is related to if your car has been "soft-matched" to a VIN yet that won't show on your actual management page. Has two values - true and false. True essentially means (and this is all my best guess) that you're stuck in nowhereland and don't have a softmatch yet, and that false means that your car has been produced or has been "sent for production." Consistent with my blank EDD, I have a value of "true" here.
  2. Tying back to that first one, and the more known of the two things with the source page - you can sometimes find your VIN hidden in here. If the previous value is false, try searching for 5YJ and seeing if you get any matches that resemble an actual VIN or an encoded VIN that they have started to replace that with in the source pages.
Just a few thoughts.

Quick edit - could someone with a VIN possibly go check to see what their values are for these two just to confirm my suspicions?
Same thoughts mine also shows true but have August as EDD.

• Love
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I guess it’s senseless for me to check my config page to see if I got a vin or even a date until someone with 19s posts here that they got a VIN. since I’m rn115xxx, I’m sure someone else will get a VIN before I do.
My delivery just went from blank for the past 2 months to August!! Plaid/white/white/cf/19 ordered 4/8! No VIN yet but there is hope!!