Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First, huge congrats and enjoy the hell out of your car!!!!

I have been concerned about fit and finish (mostly due to stories I have heard) but in all fairness, I have experienced issues with both BMW and Mercedes. My F80 M3 had rattle issues pretty much from 2 weeks after I picked it up and my current AMG Mercedes had a misaligned hood right off the boat with the shipping film still on it and the "Burmeister" sound system has never not been problematic.
Thanks. It’s day two and I like it even better. There is nothing wrong with the fit and finish at all. It’s excellent. No rattles. The car is solid and quiet. Supposedly there is ANC and I don’t know if it’s on or not or if the car is just crazy quiet out of the box.

Thanks. It’s day two and I like it even better. There is nothing wrong with the fit and finish at all. It’s excellent. No rattles. The car is solid and quiet. Supposedly there is ANC and I don’t know if it’s on or not or if the car is just crazy quiet out of the box.
Believe it or not, ANC is actually not yet active. It will be enabled later via SW update.

Exactly what I said in what you responded to. 🤷🏻
You went shopping and they had one, you didn’t order it from the factory. Not the same thing.
Is it just the thought that the car sat in a lot and got dirty that consumes you? Do you plan on sheltering it from sunlight and dust while you own it, never parking it outside? Do you custom order all your vehicles and ensure you pick it up the day it arrives in port?
I know I’m laying it on thick, I just don’t understand why something that no one questions in the auto industry is front and center when it comes to Tesla.

Believe it or not, ANC is actually not yet active. It will be enabled later via SW update.
So good to hear! I cannot wait for my car and despite the wait, it is great to be part of this community :)

So good to hear! I cannot wait for my car and despite the wait, it is great to be part of this community :)
Agreed. I feel like I know a lot about my car (if and when I get it in proverbial "August" ) already living vicariously through these posts, and 5M you tube videos on it as well..... Thanks for scrolling through the venting over past 4 months or so from me... I think I in the later stages of "Dont care anymore, till I get a VIN" of Tesla Wait Syndrome.. o_O 🤣

Is it just the thought that the car sat in a lot and got dirty that consumes you? Do you plan on sheltering it from sunlight and dust while you own it, never parking it outside? Do you custom order all your vehicles and ensure you pick it up the day it arrives in port?
I know I’m laying it on thick, I just don’t understand why something that no one questions in the auto industry is front and center when it comes to Tesla.
First of all, I never said anything about it affecting me in any way, let alone having it consume me. Actually I never offered any emotions or feelings about it at all. And of course I have bought cars off the lot and they'd been sitting for weeks or months and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. However, some people who aren't you, like to order factory new cars, get them from port (or wherever) in the factory wrap and take them to a detailer for polish and ceramic or PPF. And this process is not remotely isolated to Tesla. You had a C450...you're telling me you've never seen anyone on MBWorld talking about this? Ever check out Bimmerpost.com? Or any other brand enthusiast forum?

It's peoples preference and doesn't affect you. We all pass by posts or comments all day long in here that we disagree with or think are silly (including a s**t ton of mine), but we don't all dismiss something that matters to someone else.