Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Huge caveat based on experience: Do not try to do this with the Pearl White. At various times, they even stopped selling this specific color kit, because it can make things looks slightly less bad, but nowhere near good. You'll want to have the front clip resprayed if you have white and end up caring about chips.

I was very happy with the result on MSM and silver, but the White multicoat is just too difficult to match in a simple kit.

Edit: it appears there is even a disclaimer on the Tesla Shop about white now, even though they sell it. :)

Note: Paint Repair Kits are final sale. White is not compatible with Pearl White paint. Final results of Pearl White may appear slightly different than the rest of your vehicle depending on the lighting environment and application process used.
I have MSM and got thru Amazon a kit from ScratchesHappen(yes, silly name). So far I only had a few very small chips but it seems to match pretty well.

Well my DD has began the 1 day move each day. If they are holding deliveries, it’s probably for good reason. Im ok with the hold specially becasue this is a new battery pack, new motors, new software etc…. Better to be more cautious than have a major issue that could be devastating. I don’t even think my car is actually here in MD yet. So this hold is actually helping me out kinda 😬

Most likely you're hitting a rate-limit, or your IP got (temp) banned. Are you connecting via a proxy or VPN? I sometimes get that as well
Most likely you're hitting a rate-limit, or your IP got (temp) banned. Are you connecting via a proxy or VPN? I sometimes get that as well.
@Pancake You were exactly right!... You nailed it!... I had forgotten that machine was on VPN Connection at the time. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!! , Now working SANS VPN

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Guys I’m on the road so I apologize if this had been asked/answered with regards to the hold. Has anyone who has already taken deliver been contacted about bringing their car in? Seems anything recently discovered that warrants delivery holds, is important enough to pull already delivered cars in.
Not me. I am still waiting for my license plates

I mean look, I think screen protectors are a waste of time in this car, but for the back I can maybe see it (with kids and all). But that installation of the rear screen looks like a right nightmare...
Yeah as @cwanja and I were discussing a little while ago, the protective film removal process is horrible. Not the best thing to work with, that's for sure.

Reactions: cwanja and Ormond
270C2076-7C0D-4A23-AB91-CEC5FCFF9A81.jpeg

Nothing to say just seen wanted to share this plaid that I seen at the houston westchase dealer earlier it had CF

Attachments

• 770F4B2E-6682-4AB6-8EEC-2AC054B0B3AC.jpeg
    770F4B2E-6682-4AB6-8EEC-2AC054B0B3AC.jpeg
    565.6 KB · Views: 70