Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can see the good points and BAD points about owing a car that is basically controlled by the manufacturer.
They can turn on/off:
Features
Performance
Charging capability
Controls
Heck they control the entire car if they wanted!

I'm no right wing conspiracy theorist, but doesn't anyone else have reservations?

Remind me again why I'm buying my 1st Tesla?
Turning off your car remotely? Already there if you own most GM cars. On the good side a coworkers father was getting into his Denali and had a gun put in his face. The two drove off and 10 minutes later OnStar slowed the car down and stopped it in an intersection with 4 police cars around them. On the bad side…. haven’t seen that yet. Turning off performance, I can see that happening if people keep posting 0-150 runs on the streets. Just wait for the first accident where a family gets killed making a left turn not expecting someone going over a 100. Happened in Japan when the government ‘suggested’ a 186mph limit(yes, ridiculously high) on motorcycles when several innocent folks were killed. They didn’t really care if you kill yourself but taking others out got their attention. Hypercars are rare and owned by rich folks who, in most part, don’t push them. Plaid’s are something new and we have already seen that they are in the hands of some people that are, to be charitable, a bit irresponsible.

Can someone please tell me what these new hires are going to do? Asking for a friend.

They're going to deliver new Teslas to customers. There has been no word of a production slowdown at Fremont for 3's or Y's, and there have been no ships from San Francisco to Europe this month and none are scheduled. Normally some production from the first month of a quarter goes to Europe. This quarter Fremont's production of 3's and Y's is going to the US and Canada. Shanghai has also taken over production for some other markets like Australia. Unless there's a Fremont production problem we haven't heard about, lots of 3's and Y's will be delivered in NA. And European stores will be busy delivering Y's from Shanghai for the first time and also 3's.

Can someone please tell me what these new hires are going to do? Asking for a friend.

Tesla SA’s wanted. No experience necessary. Reply within.
1627008103119.jpeg

My friend @doubleshot has motivated me to post why I'm not comfortable with zero communication out of Tesla regarding the "engineering hold"... enjoy:

My pack has a bad cell “brick” (group of cells) that won’t stay balanced, and goes WAY WAY WAY out of balance under even minor acceleration. brick number 86 (of 110) almost certainly has a problem. I have CAN bus logs and can show this abnormal behavior.

We have also seen an instance where a brand new pack was replaced. Know what kind of problem leads to the charge limit he saw and generally require a replacement? Unbalanced voltages in battery packs.

Know what else unbalanced packs can do? Catch fire.

Maybe the BMS compensates for this and I'll just need a replacement pack sooner. Maybe it compensates so well that it will never matter. Maybe I'll get a new pack next week. The issue here is that I have symptoms of something troubling and Tesla has stopped delivering the exact car I own for some unknown reason. So yeah, I would appreciate some clarification on why there is an 'engineering hold'.

First time poster( well second post after the accidental "X" post) . Have been following the thread regularly since I ordered my first Tesla. I am seeking advice from the knowledgeable crowd here. I have model x on order which most likely will not be delivered this year. I need a car and can't wait for X without an alternative. I was looking at older model S in the interim and would trade it in when Model X is ready. Do you think it's a good idea? Don't want to lose a lot of money with depreciation and trade in.

I thought that was your license plate vote “X” 😂

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
My friend @doubleshot has motivated me to post why I'm not comfortable with zero communication out of Tesla regarding the "engineering hold"... enjoy:

My pack has a bad cell “brick” (group of cells) that won’t stay balanced, and goes WAY WAY WAY out of balance under even minor acceleration. brick number 86 (of 110) almost certainly has a problem. I have CAN bus logs and can show this abnormal behavior.

We have also seen an instance where a brand new pack was replaced. Know what kind of problem leads to the charge limit he saw and generally require a replacement? Unbalanced voltages in battery packs.

Know what else unbalanced packs can do? Catch fire.

Maybe the BMS compensates for this and I'll just need a replacement pack sooner. Maybe it compensates so well that it will never matter. Maybe I'll get a new pack next week. The issue here is that I have symptoms of something troubling and Tesla has stopped delivering the exact car I own for some unknown reason. So yeah, I would appreciate some clarification on why there is an 'engineering hold'.
I guess one way you could look at it is that if there truly is an issue, Tesla sure does seem to be on it. Regardless, I hope that this hold doesn't last much longer, and they can roll out a fix for this issue.