Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
nah, i think your reaction is hugely overblown. you sound like a toddler stamping his foot at not getting exactly what he wanted exactly when he wanted. production is hard. obviously unforeseen stuff came up. it honestly doesn't bother me in the least. the car is obviously going to be amazing (if it's anything like my current P100D). who cares if i get it a month or two later than promised. in the grand scheme of things, it's a total non issue and not worth my energy -- especially when it's not going to change anything. they're not holding your car just to screw with you.
Then you and I come from a different place in time and you are a much better Tesla customer than I am. I am ok with that.

For what it is worth, using the term "toddler" says more about you than it does about someone you do not know. I am ok with that as well.

Then you and I come from a different place in time and you are a much better Tesla customer than I am. I am ok with that.

For what it is worth, using the term "toddler" says more about you than it does about someone you do not know. I am ok with that as well.
I would have assumed the purple car would have been self explanatory :)

The constant is correct but the final documents suggest about 99.3kWh. (The charging efficiency is surprisingly low compared to various other Tesla vehicles which is why the 103kWh estimate was high.)
Model S Plaid Battery Details, sourced from EPA Docs, Vehicle Observations, & Supercharging/Charging data
Maybe the EPA data is a bit squishy. This info from the the EPA site lists tow different battery sizes for the LR and Plaid?

Screen Shot 2021-07-23 at 4.07.30 PM.png

I think you missed Bill’s (@lolachampcar) story here, who is also a fellow Plaid+ convert and long-time Tesla / multiple-Tesla customer. Like many others, including myself, he was offered to convert his order to Plaid for a June delivery BEFORE Elon tweeted that “Plaid+ is cancelled”.

He actually did convert his order before the price hike, unlike me (I would certainly have, if I was told Plaid+ would be canceled just a few days later - but that’s a whole different story I won’t get into here).

Anyway, Bill was promised delivery in June despite having ordered a Plaid with 19” wheels, which we now know was never going to be possible, since no Model S with 19s was produced at all till now, but we did not know back in June.

Did Tesla actually know this (no 19s produced in June) and made a promise they could never keep? Someone at Tesla certainly did.

From my understanding, they also switched his order to 21” wheels without his permission, increasing his order by $4,500+tax extra - whereas @uthatcher was offered a free upgrade to 21s to make Q2 quota, but he’s in SoCal whereas @lolachampcar is in Florida, so Tesla probably thought it was more likely to make their delivery in Q2 by shipping to SoCal rather than FL.

Now Tesla is telling @lolachampcar that he can either take his Plaid’s delivery (once they lift the hold) with 21s at the additional $4,500+tax cost, or leave it and cancel his order. Not a great experience, IMHO.
Just two small additions.

First, I specifically asked Tesla Sales if they had 19" wheels/tires for June production deliveries when they made the offer to me and committed to deliver my car in June once I accepted. I was told they did but were subsequently precluded from shipping them by circumstances beyond their control. I did not feel comfortable asking what those circumstances were. I assume they would have told me if they were in a position to tell me.

Second, I offered to accept delivery of the car on pre-refresh 19" wheels/tires, current 19" or 21" if it would help Tesla deliver a car. Within an hour, I received an automated notice of ViN assignment and my paperwork was updated to include 21" wheels/tires. My cost was increased by $4,500. I did not make a change to my order; Tesla did. I did not agree to or authorize an increase in the cost of the vehicle. Tesla's response was pay the extra or decline delivery.

So I suddenly have a, "Review Agreements" option on my page that wasn't there before. It's not clickable yet... but the random appearance of something new has me thinking that maybe I'll get a VIN soon? Anyone know anything about this?
It’s been covered all day today. Everyone got it so it’s not a “good sign” unfortunately 😔

So I suddenly have a, "Review Agreements" option on my page that wasn't there before. It's not clickable yet... but the random appearance of something new has me thinking that maybe I'll get a VIN soon? Anyone know anything about this?
It has been posted that everyone has this now. I checked my page and have the same.

So I guess the sloppiness has just carried over to the service team.
I have had headbolts changed on my 09 C63 and received the car back in 3 days. I dropped off 3 days ago and these guys have not even begun the work FFS
My new LR had been at Tesla service since July 7th. I was supposed to get the car back last Tuesday after the body shop fixed the clear coat on one of the doors, but Tesla just pushed the completion date out another week. I don’t know if the body shop is incompetent and just didn’t start on the car, or if Tesla is deliberately keeping the car for more time.

The car was delivered on June 30th and I only got two days with the car before returning it to service. I’m sitting here as a current LR owner stuck waiting like the rest of you. Unfortunately, I get the added benefit of making car payments and paying interest while I wait for my car. 🤦‍♂️

My new LR had been at Tesla service since July 7th. I was supposed to get the car back last Tuesday after the body shop fixed the clear coat on one of the doors, but Tesla just pushed the completion date out another week. I don’t know if the body shop is incompetent and just didn’t start on the car, or if Tesla is deliberately keeping the car for more time.

The car was delivered on June 30th and I only got two days with the car before returning it to service. I’m sitting here as a current LR owner stuck waiting like the rest of you. Unfortunately, I get the added benefit of making car payments and paying interest while I wait for my car. 🤦‍♂️
They provided a loaner at least, right?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Agree but he is dropping the ball lately something is missing. Its not the same as it was 6 months or 1 year ago.

Not impressed with his videos. I’ve only seen a few of the later ones

Ohhh maybe I should go check and see if my car is there.

I laughed at this only cuz I misread it. I thought you had taken delivery already and were going to see if in fact it was real. The car. In your possession.